Page 1 of 3
I come to the all knowing guidance of the pit counsel for a problem Im having.

Anybody ever successfully fight a speeding ticket? I just got my first one a few hours ago. I talked it over with my coworkers and they are in the process of fighting their own speeding tickets. They said the police officers claim of getting me on radar is bullshit because we were both in motion and heading in opposite directions, and radars are highly unreliable in measuring speed that way. They also said I should fight it regardless because there is a chance the cop wont show up to court.

Thoughts? Any success stories? I could lose my job because of this, I also make minimum wage and cant pay for that shit. And before you say "just dont speed," just know some people have an insatiable need for speed and live a pedal to the metal lifestyle. Some of us are excellent drivers and can manage 20 miles over the speed limit easily.
There is a chance the cop won't show up.

It'd be your best chance at avoiding it.

Quote by chronic_stp
And before you say "just dont speed," just know some people have an insatiable need for speed and live a pedal to the metal lifestyle. Some of us are excellent drivers and can manage 20 miles over the speed limit easily.

This is something a lot of people think and do. Between the ages of 17 and 21 mostly.

Absolutely obnoxious.
Last edited by stratkat at Apr 25, 2014,
Quote by chronic_stp
And before you say "just dont speed," just know some people have an insatiable need for speed and live a pedal to the metal lifestyle. Some of us are excellent drivers and can manage 20 miles over the speed limit easily.

I agree. Breaking the law is ok as long as you're good at it. Most laws are actually there to hold us back and stay in a constant state of submission.

I say fight it. Every ticket that is fought it another fight against the system.

Rock on brother!

it's all just coming back
it's all coming back

it's all coming back to me
Quote by Baby Joel
I agree. Breaking the law is ok as long as you're good at it. Most laws are actually there to hold us back and stay in a constant state of submission.

I say fight it. Every ticket that is fought it another fight against the system.

Rock on brother!

Advice from a fellow trouble maker and "up to no good" kind of guy is always welcome in my book. Welcome to the thread, hope you'll stay awhile!
Quote by chronic_stp
Advice from a fellow trouble maker and "up to no good" kind of guy is always welcome in my book. Welcome to the thread, hope you'll stay awhile!

and one flew over the cuckoo's nest. unfortunately for the cuckoo, it seems some of his eggs have been scrambled
Quote by progdude93

and one flew over the cuckoo's nest. unfortunately for the cuckoo, it seems some of his eggs have been scrambled

The only way to deal with sarcasm is more sarcasm
Quote by chronic_stp
They said the police officers claim of getting me on radar is bullshit because we were both in motion and heading in opposite directions, and radars are highly unreliable in measuring speed that way.

Say exactly this to the judge. Throw in a few more bits of your libertarian thoughts and especially about how marijuana should be legal. You'll be fine.
BOOM-SHAKALAKALAKA-BOOM-SHAKALAKUNGA
Quote by snipelfritz
Say exactly this to the judge. Throw in a few more bits of your libertarian thoughts and especially about how marijuana should be legal. You'll be fine.

I was thinking of mentioning how I thought I could smell the faint smell of burnt bacon as I was driving up the road, but by the time I started to slow down the cop had already seen me. I think using offbeat humor to butter up the judge into liking me would really put me ahead in the courtroom. It might even crack a smirk out of the officer.
if you think it's okay for you to speed because you're a 'good driver' then you deserve all the tickets you can get
You who build these altars now

To sacrifice these children
You must not do it anymore
I do not know if this is true but a friend of mine claimed that when he got stopped for speeding he asked the officer if they had calibrated their radar, to which the officer went and asked his colleague in the car checking who said he had forgotten.

I doubt this worked.

Also, to all those berating people for speeding, seriously, shut up. Speeding is OK if you do not pose a risk to other road users. If the road is empty, put your foot down and drive for the conditions. If the road is wet/busy/icy/pedestrians, then you are dick for speeding, but if its empty, and the conditions permit it, go all for it. Some roads have ridiculously low speed limits for no obvious reason.
Sat in a lab, curing diseases. They actually LET me play with chemicals!
Just take responsibility for your actions and talk it over with your employer.
Just take your ticket if you were speeding you deserve it

Nobody thinks "Ohh, what a good driver" when they get passed by that guy that's constantly going 20 mph faster than they should, they especially don't think that when they're walking beside the road.
One of the third friendliest users
Stratkat's pet

Quote by Momentosis
Void is a wanker that's why

Quote by chronic_stp
I was thinking of mentioning how I thought I could smell the faint smell of burnt bacon as I was driving up the road, but by the time I started to slow down the cop had already seen me. I think using offbeat humor to butter up the judge into liking me would really put me ahead in the courtroom. It might even crack a smirk out of the officer.

Bingo. This will work dude, don't even take any other advice.

Quote by emad
jthm_guitarist
Warned for trolling!

Quote by metal4eva_22
Didn't you say that you had a stuffed fox that you would occasionally fuck?

Quote by Axelfox
It's not a fox,it's a wolf.
Run back and forth in the courtroom exclaiming to the judge that you've fought mudcrabs more fearsome than him.
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
Quote by chronic_stp

you shouldnt be driving

bad drivers think they are real ****ing good, and that is what you are
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers

If women can be annoyed there arent any women incongress I should be allowed to be pissed off there are no members of pink floyd or the beatles in congress.
No jokes. That's a horrible idea. They'll think you aren't taking this seriously.
My Gear:
Gibson Les Paul Standard | Gibson SG | Casio PG 380 | Dave Mustaine VMNT | Digitech Whammy | Carvin Legacy head |
Carvin V3 combo | MXR Custom Badass Overdrive | Dunlop Jerry Cantrell Wah | Rocktron Banshee | Ibanez PG Flanger
I had a friend who was like OP. Went 70 in a 50 zone, crashed his car and has to eat through a tube now. Plus he killed his girlfriend and a buddy who was also in the car. ****ing idiot.

Avoiding a ticket is the easiest thing on earth though. Go check if there's a reason you might have missed the traffic sign. Check if the radar gun thingy was calibrated. Check if you can clearly see your face (as in "even a stranger would recognize me") in the photo. Check if both your face and your license plate are on the photo. If there's one thing wrong the police won't bother.
Quote by Kensai
Run back and forth in the courtroom exclaiming to the judge that you've fought mudcrabs more fearsome than him.

This. That's rookie knowledge, TS.

Also, you're a knob and should just take the speeding ticket instead of fighting something you clearly did and trying to get away with it. You can say "but I'm a good driver" 'til you're blue in the face, but eventually something is going to happen.
--

How do you say "I'm okay" to an answering machine?

--
Last edited by stratman_13 at Apr 25, 2014,
Quote by azrael667
I had a friend who was like OP. Went 70 in a 50 zone, crashed his car and has to eat through a tube now. Plus he killed his girlfriend and a buddy who was also in the car. ****ing idiot.

Avoiding a ticket is the easiest thing on earth though. Go check if there's a reason you might have missed the traffic sign. Check if the radar gun thingy was calibrated. Check if you can clearly see your face (as in "even a stranger would recognize me") in the photo. Check if both your face and your license plate are on the photo. If there's one thing wrong the police won't bother.

I wasn't on camera, I was driving down the road doing 56 in a 45 trying to get back to work going one way, and the cop was driving up the road the other way. After he passed me, he turned his lights on, flipped a bitch and pulled me over

Quote by Kensai

I would love to do that, but only if the judge began the trial by acknowledging me and exclaiming "STOP RIGHT THERE CRIMINAL SCUM! PAY THE COURT A FINE OR SERVE YOUR SENTENCE!"

After hearing my response the only thing left for him to tell me would be to pay with my blood.
Last edited by chronic_stp at Apr 25, 2014,
Quote by chronic_stp
Thoughts? Any success stories? I could lose my job because of this, I also make minimum wage and cant pay for that shit. And before you say "just dont speed," just know some people have an insatiable need for speed and live a pedal to the metal lifestyle. Some of us are excellent drivers and can manage 20 miles over the speed limit easily.

Please let us know if you lose your job, and I'll have a little laugh to celebrate.
Quote by Jehannum
Please let us know if you lose your job, and I'll have a little laugh to celebrate.

I went through the employee handbook and I get a maximum of three speeding tickets a year before I lose my job. I'm at strike 1 so far for this year, I have one more strike before I need to start being careful
Quote by chronic_stp
And before you say "just dont speed," just know some people have an insatiable need for speed and live a pedal to the metal lifestyle.

I think this is a troll.

If it isn't you are a ****ing idiot, go to the race track, you clearly know NOTHING of the dangers of the road and I hope you lose you licence and your car gets stolen.
Quote by chronic_stp

DON'T say this.

Quote by azrael667

DO say this. Basically you want to make them doubt that either the speed they clocked you at was right, that it was definitely you, or that you could reasonably have known the speed limit.

But tbh I think you should try that first line, just because you actually deserve that ticket.
To engage seriously for a moment: speed limits aren't just dependent on how good of a driver you are, it's recognising that other drivers can **** up too. Let's imagine for argument's sake that yeah, you can drive safely at high speeds - you've still got to be aware that you're sharing the road with a lot of other people who can make mistakes. Speeding laws aren't just about protecting people from your own mistakes, it's about protecting you from others' too.

Though as I say, that's just for argument's sake. Really whether you think you're a great driver or not is irrelevant. Stock being a dick.
You're so lucky you don't have your local city/county info posted in your profile, I'd so email your police department in a second linking them to this thread just to be a straight up cunt.

Whatever, youfucking deserve it. I suggest you go try to fight it so you have to pay more in court fees and so they just laugh at your ass. Try maybe not driving like a showoffy little bitch and you won't be getting speeding tickets.

I know it sounds hard but I really suggest trying it.
Quote by Ian_the_fox
You're so lucky you don't have your local city/county info posted in your profile, I'd so email your police department in a second linking them to this thread just to be a straight up cunt.

Whatever, youfucking deserve it. I suggest you go try to fight it so you have to pay more in court fees and so they just laugh at your ass. Try maybe not driving like a showoffy little bitch and you won't be getting speeding tickets.

I know it sounds hard but I really suggest trying it.

If I were you, I would be sending an email with a link to this thread to the police hq of every county in California to do my part in administering justice. Sure, its a daunting task, but a well worth it one. You will be able to pass down the tale of taking down the infamous chronic_stp to your children and they will in turn pass it on to their children. Your spawn will know just how much of a hero their papa was, and your legacy will remain at the forefront of all of your descendants conversations for centuries to come. Your descendants will marvel at the command of the ultimate guitar dominion you had, and wonder just how could someone be a bronie, yet be so cool at the same time? It gives me goosebumps just thinking about the challenges that await you, the rewards yet to come, and the appropriate justice that will be dealt to all that defy your path. Better get started on those emails
Quote by chronic_stp
I went through the employee handbook and I get a maximum of three speeding tickets a year before I lose my job. I'm at strike 1 so far for this year, I have one more strike before I need to start being careful

You could still just not speed. Or get a job that doesn't oppress your basic right of not being able to drive like a normal person.
Have you tried blowing the cop/judge/everyone? That's what Randy Blythe did.
Israel is a terrorist state.
How about act like an adult and don't waste the courts time. I'm sure they have a lot more important things to deal with than some prick who thinks he's cool for driving much faster than everyone else on the road. Endangering them in the process. And first it was 20 over, then barely ten. If you can't get your story straight with us you're going to piss yourself trying to lie to a judge.
Quote by chronic_stp
Some of us are excellent drivers and can manage 20 miles over the speed limit easily.

Man this is the stupidest most ignorant shit I've ever heard. What's wrong with your brain TS?
I want to believe this is for real, but it's too good
___

Quote by The_Blode
she was saying things like... do you want to netflix and chill but just the chill part...too bad she'll never know that I only like the Netflix part...
Cops get paid overtime to show up in court. Time and a half to just show up and sit? Yeah, he'll show. Pay the ticket.
"This one is machine and nerve, and has its mind concluded
This one is but flesh and faith, and is the more deluded."
Quote by RealUnrealRob
Cops get paid overtime to show up in court. Time and a half to just show up and sit? Yeah, he'll show. Pay the ticket.

This^^^^

Plus (at least in my state) if you fight it in court and lose, they add court cost to the fine.. (example: $100 fine, fight it in court and lose, is now $150 (fine plus court cost)

Good luck TS.
God damn OP you are a moron.

First, how fast were you going over the limit?

Also:
-9 times out of 10 the cop will show up for court. I dunno who told you they wont, but like someone said they get payed OT to be there and it's most of the time no big inconvenience to them, especially if your court date's scheduled when they're on duty.
-the radar tactic isn't going to work. Just throw that idea out now because all the judge is going to do is laugh in your face. If you admitted to speeding when you got pulled over then you're double ****ed. Its your word against his in court and you're just some punk ass teenager to them.
Sail upon the open skies
Last edited by angusfan16 at Apr 25, 2014,
the pit. one of the only places on earth where speeding is just as bad as murder.
pinga
I'm totally with TS here. I've always seen speed limits as totalitarian tools to keep us in control. Imagine if you could transport yourself on the highway at any speed you wanted. That's freedom folks and they don't want us to be free.

I wish you all the best TS, don't you pay those pigs!
Quote by Cb4rabid
the pit. one of the only places on earth where speeding is just as bad as murder.

Probably because dangerous driving can kill?

Tbh I think here it's not just the speeding thing, it's TS' attitude of "oh I'm a great driver, I can go as fast as I want". It's just ****ing stupid.
Quote by Cb4rabid

Cuz nobody ever died as a result of speeding, right?

Fuck you, TS. I hope they slap your ass with a wicked fine and you get fired and have to ride the bus. 5 over is fine, 10 over is pushing it, but 20?!?!
Check out my band Disturbed
First, I have zero sympathy with speeders. Dangerous, stupid, and generally futile as well.

Second, good luck.... Modern police radars of several types can indeed calculate speeds accurately while the police car is in motion and either following or closing with the other vehicle.
If the officer shows up with his training credentials... You're toast.
Quote by StewieSwan
Cuz nobody ever died as a result of speeding, right?

Fuck you, TS. I hope they slap your ass with a wicked fine and you get fired and have to ride the bus. 5 over is fine, 10 over is pushing it, but 20?!?!

People die from drinking too much water and doing drugs but I don't see most of you having problems with those things either.

"Oh but those things hurt yourself, not others" yeah sure but you guys are equating speeding with fast and furious-esque driving. You cant possibly tell me you've never done 50 in a 40 zone or 70 in a 55 zone (highway). Give me a ****ing break get off your high horse for two minutes and look me in the eye.
pinga
Page 1 of 3