I was just wondering if it would be worth it to pick up one of those ipad guitar connector devices. Anything really cool that can be done with the ipad, or apps that can't be done on my laptop? Sweetwater has a whole ipad section so I figured I might be missing out on something.
Everything you can do with an iPad, you can do it better with a proper computer.

The reason for the iPad is that it's lotsa easier to carry around so have a look into that stuff if you'll be practicing away from home and/or you think you might use a portable way of practicing.
Name's Luca.

Quote by OliOsbourne
I don't know anything about this topic, but I just clicked on this thread because of your username :O
Quote by Cajundaddy
Clue: amplifiers amplify so don't turn it on if you need quiet.
Quote by chrismendiola
I guess spambots are now capable of reading minds.
Depends on what you're talking about. I just got a DigiTech iPB-10 for my iPad2, but I haven't had time to mess around with it yet.

Less obviously, I got the ReacTable Mobile app*. It's a stripped down but still powerful app version of the ReacTable synthesizer. One of the things you can do with it is use certain kinds of audio files in the app's looping tools. So if you came up with a killer riff, you could put it into the app's looper and manipulate it in real time with the other tools- envelope filters, reverb, phasing, waveform manipulators, tempo shifters, etc.

* available for both iOS and Android mobile devices
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!