41 47%
Hail Hydra.
24 28%
Voters: 87.
Page 1 of 2
I'm about as punk as Enya.

No
Quote by lambofgod127
btw im in hs and im almost 18 so if u do think she was flirting with me dont say that its wrong im almost a grown man.

༼ ▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ ༽ WE ARE ROB ༼ ▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ ༽
after i finish my maths degree i'll probably make a nice amount. i'll base my success on the amount i can provide for a family and my parents.
Click here to hear my BOB DYLAN (Blowing in the Wind) out right now May 2k17
Quote by deadsmileyface
no. didn't you read the great gatsby?

No. What's it aboot? What's the moral of the story?
Phil I swear you made this thread a month ago.

Monetary success, definitely. Success at life, not at all. It's a factor, but not a determinate.
it's all just coming back
it's all coming back

it's all coming back to me
Not at all. I base my success on how happy I feel. If I'm happy, then I'm being successful in whatever matters to me.

Money allows us to buy nice things we enjoy and desire, but it should never be the main drive in our lives.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y6Sxv-sUYtM

Also, f*** Hydra.
S.H.I.E.L.D. rules.
Squier "VMC" Stratocaster
PRS SE Singlecut
tc electronic polytune
CMAT MODS Signa Drive
Blakemore Effects Deus Ex Machina
DIY gaussmarkov Dr. Boogey
EHX Small Clone
Mooer ShimVerb
DIY Beavis Devolt
T-REX Fuel Tank Chameleon
Ampeg GVT52-112
Nope.

However, when I don't have a job or any money I certainly don't feel good. To me its about being able to make enough to be able to do things amd live well, but not making youself misrible to get to that point.
Nah, I actually have a big penis.
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
Quote by laid-to-waste
after i finish my maths degree i'll probably make a nice amount. i'll base my success on the amount i can provide for a family and my parents.

yep
___

Quote by The_Blode
she was saying things like... do you want to netflix and chill but just the chill part...too bad she'll never know that I only like the Netflix part...
Quote by Malchius
I'm sure you've made this exact thread before. Phil you're losing your touch.

You're right.

I'd much rather have your touch.

Basing all my shit on my hapiness, im fairly happy so Im fine
My Soundcloud

My beginner rig:

Epiphone Goth G-400 SG
Line 6 Spider IV (Don't judge me, I was young and stupid)
Stagg SW203N
Yamaha APX500
Quote by Philip_pepper
You're right.

Quote by lambofgod127
btw im in hs and im almost 18 so if u do think she was flirting with me dont say that its wrong im almost a grown man.

༼ ▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ ༽ WE ARE ROB ༼ ▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ ༽
yup. whoever said money cant buy you happiness was probably a homeless person on lsd...

*edit* okay i should say its a big factor. I make a decent enough wage that i will be happy on for the rest of my life. if i get more, great, but i have hit that area where i believe i am successful.
Originally posted by Diminishedfaith

6. Lied? Would I?
10. Done LSD? who's she?
17. Cheated on someone? it was an accident, i didnt remember i had the gameshark on.....
41. Been called a *****?yes, they rate me 5 stars...
46. Kissed someone in a moving vehicle?no, i dont have insurance
Last edited by thebassmaster at Apr 25, 2014,
Quote by Philip_pepper
You're right.

I'll bring my hedge trimmers to get through the mountains of hair then.
Well at 21 if you're making a lot of money then that to me is success, granted i don't actually know anyone my age who doesn't work a shit-house job. In 10 years or so I doubt I'll consider someone with money successful.
to some degree, of course. but after you start to make "enough" (which is different for everyone) you quickly look to other things to gauge your success.
Quote by archerygenious
Jesus Christ since when is the Pit a ****ing courtroom...

Like melodic, black, death, symphonic, and/or avant-garde metal? Want to collaborate? Message me!
Quote by Philip_pepper
Well punk, do ya?

It's well do ya punk.

But to answer the question, to me money is not the be all end all of success. If I can maintain a middle class lifestyle and financial status then I'll consider that a financial success.

But there's more to "success" than just rollin' in the Benjamins.

I think there was a thread a while back asking whether you derived success from achievements or happiness.

The real answer is probably somewhere in the middle, but I'm sure it varies on an individual basis.
Success means different things to different people. I think perspective is an important thing to have.
The poorest people can be happy, the wealthiest can be depressed.
So might as well just stop moaning and do what the hell you want cause what really matters is your attitude.
On playing the Paul Gilbert signature at the guitar store extensively, my missus sighed:
"Put it down now, It's like you love that guitar more than me!"
In Which I replied.
"Well it has got two F-Holes!"
Nah, I base my success on how many times I get paid to do something I enjoy. Not necessarily how much, just how often.

I am extremely unsuccessful, but getting there slowly. I'll obviously get more jobs with more skill and experience.
I base succes on the amount of people that have in some way enjoyed or benefited from the work I'm doing
You who build these altars now

To sacrifice these children
You must not do it anymore
Success ultimately means being able to do what I want, and money plays a large role in that.

Success is also when I say something bad about TS.

TS is bald.

There, success of the day.

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
I really wish my answer was no, but as a working adult obviously the answer is yes.
Listen. I'm sorry.
I've got paid to play music, I've gotten paid to do science. Once I get paid to play video games I will consider myself successful. So yes
Page 1 of 2