Page 1 of 2
In the world of music, there are always going to be songs that sound similar. But some of them are just too similar.

Can you think of any examples?

E.G. Linking Park - Castle of Glass = Wednesday 13 - Ghost of Vincent Price
Papa Roach - Kick in the Teeth = Halestorm - Freak Like Me
As I Lay Dying - Forever = Black Veil Brides - Let/Lay Me Down

The similarities of these examples can mainly be heard in the chorus, apart from the first which is the main melody for both bands.

*Edit: BVB ripped off AILD, Halestorm ripped off Papa Roach and Linkin Park ripped off W13 in the above examples.
**Edit: You are allowed to paste the URL of the songs you want to show. However, please only paste 2 URL's per post.
"Life's but a walking shadow, a poor player, that struts and frets his hour upon the stage, and then is heard no more. It is a tale told by an idiot, full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.” Shakespeare - Macbeth
Last edited by MetalRock4ever at Apr 26, 2014,
i thought the cover SRV did of little wing sounded suspiciously similar to the original.
Click here to hear my BOB DYLAN (Blowing in the Wind) out right now May 2k17
Everything that samples
Quote by ErikLensherr
Did you hear about the cockney Godfather?

He made them an offer they couldn't understand.
Alphabet Song = Baa, Baa, Black Sheep = Twinkle, Twinkle, Little Star
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
Actually, I remember I made a list of songs in the Chat Thread a year ago about this.

Ghost Riders in the Sky and Big Iron
For Whom the Bell Tolls and Souls of Black
Just What I Needed and Stacy's Mom
Whiskey in the Jar and Drunken Lullabies
TnT and No Sleep Till Brooklyn
Rapper's Delight and Another One Bites the Dust
(I Can't Get No) Satisfaction and Smoke on the Water
Truckin' and Fortunate Song
Smells Like Teen Spirit and More Than a Feeling
Cripple Creek and Cumberland Gap
Lonesome Fiddle Blues and The Devil Went Down to Georgia
The Girl I Left Behind and The Rare Old Mountain Dew
Greensleeves and What Child is This?
Dueling Banjos and Feudin' Banjos
The Joker and Angel
Bittersweet Symphony and The Last Time
Stairway to Heaven and Taurus
The Russian and Soviet National Anthems
Sweet Home Alabama and All Summer Long
Ice Ice Baby and Under Pressure
Matterhorn and Land of the Navajo
99 Red Balloons and 99 Luftballons
The Summer of 69 and Jesse's Girl
Comfortably Numb and Heaven
Ya Soshla S Uma and All the Things She Said
Orange Blossom Special and Salt Creek
Frankenstein and Tom Sawyer
A Night on Bald Mountain and The Rite of Spring
I Cum Blood and Hammer Smashed Face
Turn the Page and Simple Man
Hotel California and All the Small Things
Master of Puppets and The Star Spangled Banner
Yesterday and Battle Hymn of the Old Republic
Yankee Doodle and Blackbird
Jingle Bells and the NFL on Fox Theme
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
Quote by theogonia777
Actually, I remember I made a list of songs in the Chat Thread a year ago about this.

Ghost Riders in the Sky and Big Iron
For Whom the Bell Tolls and Souls of Black
Just What I Needed and Stacy's Mom
Whiskey in the Jar and Drunken Lullabies
TnT and No Sleep Till Brooklyn
Rapper's Delight and Another One Bites the Dust
(I Can't Get No) Satisfaction and Smoke on the Water
Truckin' and Fortunate Song
Smells Like Teen Spirit and More Than a Feeling
Cripple Creek and Cumberland Gap
Lonesome Fiddle Blues and The Devil Went Down to Georgia
The Girl I Left Behind and The Rare Old Mountain Dew
Greensleeves and What Child is This?
Dueling Banjos and Feudin' Banjos
The Joker and Angel
Bittersweet Symphony and The Last Time
Stairway to Heaven and Taurus
The Russian and Soviet National Anthems
Sweet Home Alabama and All Summer Long
Ice Ice Baby and Under Pressure
Matterhorn and Land of the Navajo
99 Red Balloons and 99 Luftballons
The Summer of 69 and Jesse's Girl
Comfortably Numb and Heaven
Ya Soshla S Uma and All the Things She Said
Orange Blossom Special and Salt Creek
Frankenstein and Tom Sawyer
A Night on Bald Mountain and The Rite of Spring
I Cum Blood and Hammer Smashed Face
Turn the Page and Simple Man
Hotel California and All the Small Things
Master of Puppets and The Star Spangled Banner
Yesterday and Battle Hymn of the Old Republic
Yankee Doodle and Blackbird
Jingle Bells and the NFL on Fox Theme

Smell Like Teen Spirt and More Than a Feeling + Hotel California and All The Small Things sound nothing alike...
Originally posted by suckmybassriffs
To become the great tabber, you must first... BECOME A TAB!

Originally posted by Svelle
dude your like the tabbing-master... seriously!
Quote by theogonia777
~~~~~~~`

^no shit
"This one is machine and nerve, and has its mind concluded
This one is but flesh and faith, and is the more deluded."
I heard a Jennifer Lopez song yesterday and I knew something was fishy because I actually liked the main tune. Then I realized it's straight out of fukin Lambada. No idea what the song is called though.
Quote by MetalMullet
I heard a Jennifer Lopez song yesterday and I knew something was fishy because I actually liked the main tune. Then I realized it's straight out of fukin Lambada. No idea what the song is called though.

Quote by slipknot836
Smell Like Teen Spirt and More Than a Feeling + Hotel California and All The Small Things sound nothing alike...

Listen to the chorus riff of More Than a Feeling, then listen to Smells Like Teen Spirit.
Quote by ChucklesMginty
It's a completely different chord progression and the vocals have nothing to do with each other. You can't give someone shit for using the same rhythm.

It's the same chord progression, but in a different key. I'm think Cobain even said he took the riff from it. I'm not giving anyone shit for it, I like both songs.
wrecking ball and all the songs in eurovision
Quote by korinaflyingv
On the come up we were listening to Grateful Dead and the music started passing through my bowel and out my arsehole as this violet stream of light. I shat music. It was beautiful.
One time I heard this Opeth song that sounded just like a Wham! song. Totally ripped off George Michael.
Quote by daytripper75
One time I heard this Opeth song that sounded just like a Wham! song. Totally ripped off George Michael.

Opeth rips off a lot of bands, but they always admit it. However I doubt that they consciously ripped of Wham!
Quote by MetalRock4ever
As I Lay Dying - Forever = Black Veil Brides - Let/Lay Me Down

I hope for the love of everything holy I'm reading that backwards and you mean BVB are ripping off AILD.
Dani California and whatever that Tom Petty song is called.
Quote by ChucklesMginty
I was in a club and they were playing some One Direction song (I need to go to better clubs.) Anyway, the chorus is exactly like I Want it That Way by the Backstreet Boys.

1d ripped off The Who and Def Leppard as well
Last edited by MeTallIcA313 at Apr 25, 2014,
Quote by Hardlycore
I hope for the love of everything holy I'm reading that backwards and you mean BVB are ripping off AILD.

Yeah lol, I should have made that clearer BVB ripped off AILD, Halestorm ripped off Papa Roach and Linkin Park ripped off Wednesday 13 in the examples I said.
"Life's but a walking shadow, a poor player, that struts and frets his hour upon the stage, and then is heard no more. It is a tale told by an idiot, full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.” Shakespeare - Macbeth
Blur - Song 2 (1997)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fs_ZRQoHsgQ
Big time rush - Windows down (2012)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ezo_Hs7t13c

ITS THE EXACT SAME AT MOST PARTS ESPECIALLY THE BEGINNING
Quote by lolmnt
I love to have my vag pounded by guys who make lame threads on the internet!

Quote by snipelfritz
This thread topic is gold. I've been on this website for 8 years and I've never come up with anything like this. So yeah. Great job TS[457undead].
Last edited by 457undead at Apr 25, 2014,
Quote by MetalRock4ever
Yeah lol, I should have made that clearer BVB ripped off AILD, Halestorm ripped off Papa Roach and Linkin Park ripped off Wednesday 13 in the examples I said.

Thank god, I already can't deal with the fact that their vocalist lost his mind. I didn't need them ripping off terrible bands too. :p
When the fuck are you idiots gonna get it through your thick skulls.
If your musical influences are any or all of these : The Beatles, Led Zeppelin, Black Sabbath, BFMV, Cannibal Corpse, Nirvana, Boston, Papa Roach, Coldplay. Mozart, etc.
Of course some of their songs and sounds and methods are gonna come out through your own music.
That's kinda how influences works.
Quote by CodeMonk
When the fuck are you idiots gonna get it through your thick skulls.
If your musical influences are any or all of these : The Beatles, Led Zeppelin, Black Sabbath, BFMV, Cannibal Corpse, Nirvana, Boston, Papa Roach, Coldplay. Mozart, etc.
Of course some of their songs and sounds and methods are gonna come out through your own music.
That's kinda how influences works.

First, please calm down. Second, haven't you ever heard songs which sound pretty much like another song by another band? Yeah sure you may listen to bands that influence you, but if you pretty much copy and paste what your 'influences' have wrote, that's not good.

You can tell when bands are influenced by other certain bands: 'Oh, that sounds like A7x', 'That drum part sounds like Suicide Silence', etc. but there are times when it's just ridiculous how they get away with such plagiarism.

There's this theory that music will soon sound the same because there's a finite amount of combinations one can use, at the moment, but we're not there yet so there's not much excuse for all of these songs ripping off another bands work, no matter how unpopular they are (as in relatively small fan-base, not well heard of).
Last edited by MetalRock4ever at Apr 26, 2014,
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lnfe9RbSu6Y

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RRGSHvlu9Ss

Linkin Park pretty much took the main melody from Wednesday 13's song and used it in theirs. I can't tell much difference here.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RwuBRUcmM_k

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JgL7CGd04zo

The main riff from AILD was pretty much copied by BVB in their chorus.
Sweet Home Alabama and All Summer Long.

Gozd in gora poj,
silen ženimo hrup,
uboga gmajna, le vpup, le vkup,
le vkup, le vkup z menoj,
staro pravdo v mrak tulimo,
da se pretulimo skozi to zimo
Quote by JamSessionFreak
Sweet Home Alabama and All Summer Long.

I already have that on my list.
'99 Red Balloons' and '99 Luftballons' sound the same because they're the same goddamn song.
Quote by SteveHouse
This thread is officially about sucking Sleaze off for a sig.

Quote by tayroar
Hey Sleaze I'll give you a blowjob if you sig me. Maybe even some nudey photos?

Quote by crazy8rgood

Sleaze, that made me lulz in my pants.

Quote by 36mikeyb36
hahaha Sleaze i'd give you my mom for that one.
Last edited by Sleaze Disease at Apr 26, 2014,
Quote by theogonia777
I already have that on my list.

Gozd in gora poj,
silen ženimo hrup,
uboga gmajna, le vpup, le vkup,
le vkup, le vkup z menoj,
staro pravdo v mrak tulimo,
da se pretulimo skozi to zimo
Quote by Sleaze Disease
'99 Red Balloons' and '99 Luftballons' sound the same because they're the same goddamn song.

Are you daft?
2013 #5 Uger
2012 #7 Uger

Quote by jetfuel495
Jesus, Horsedick, you are my hero

Quote by JayT44
don't worry guys his girlfriend is black, she said it was okay for him to say that.

Stalk Me

Shitty Covers

Original Music

Lastfm
Page 1 of 2