Hi all,

I've been having problems trying to guess which is the best way to arrange my dirt pedals... This is how it is right now:

Guitar-->Cry Baby(out of the pedalboard)>buffer>Polytune>Snow White AutoWah>Keeley Compressor>Klon clone>Morning Glory(low gain)>Timmy(mid gain)>OCD(high gain)>Keeley Katana>Ep booster(always on)>VP Jr(ocasionally)>TRex Viper>TC Electronic Flashback>Boss DD7-->Amp (Vox AC30)

I don't know if it is a good order or it is quite redundant...

Thanks all!
yeah low gain to high gain is a good way to do it if you're stacking them. the last dirt pedal in the stacking chain will impart its characteristic onto the sound the most. that's why you don't usually run a high gain pedal into a low gain overdrive - it just sounds like the high gain pedal being played through a beehive.
I think you have them set how I would set it.
I go from low to high then have clean boosts last.
If it's working for you though, then it's right. There is no overall "correct" way to put them in your chain.
Experimentation is the answer.

Personally i have my pedals the other way around - heavyish distortion, mid gain od, then a light crunch.

I settled on that way round because the only time i ever have more than one in action at a time its to add a mid boost to my heavy sound with my light crunch pedal, I found that having the heavier sound last overrides the other pedal completely. Doing it my way gives a really noticable boost which sounds really good.

Obviously YMMV, so experiment.
Gibson LP Traditional, LP GT, LP Studio, SG Standard x2
Barber Tone Press > EHX Worm >TC Polytune > EXH Glove > EHX East River Drive > Zoom G3 > TC Spark Mini Booster
EVH 5150 III LBXII
Jet City JCA22H
My SoundCloud
Quote by NakedInTheRain
the last dirt pedal in the stacking chain will impart its characteristic onto the sound the most.

does it? I'd have said the opposite (though admittedly I haven't exactly done a load of scientific tests). I agree about normally running lower gain into higher gain (or at least middier into less middy, which normally follows that system anyway).
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
yeah dude, give it a shot. run a high gain pedal like a muff into your tubescreamer set to low-ish gain. puts the blanket of the tubescreamer over the tone of the muff.
i found the opposite when i tried it. but i must give it a go again to see.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
I have light crunch before heavier distortion.

Wampler Euphoria into Dr Scientist The Elements

Works splendidly