I purchased a Golden Age Floyd Rose clone tremolo and I have several questions, that I hope haven't been answered 1000 times or more. If so, I apologize...

1) What is the Maximum UP bend that can be achieved, with fairly low string height, before it bottoms out on other frets. I am getting 2 1/2 full tones with action set at 1/64" and 2/64" (high E (.010 diameter , Low E (.046" diameter)). Is this good, bad, average?

2) Middle strings seem to bottom out earlier??!!

Thanks
Last edited by rjwims at Apr 25, 2014,
never tried the GA floyd but to answer the more general questions:

1) yeah that sounds not too bad. i normally don't get much more than a minor third (3 frets) before i'm scared a string is going to snap

2) i was gonna say you could raise your action more at the bass strings but it seems like you're already doing that. maybe raise the middle saddles slightly to match your neck radius?
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Thanks for the response, Dave!

The GA is supposedly pretty much matched to the guitar (14" radius or so), but the 4 inner strings seem to be high??

I need to do some MORE precise measuring, to determine what the deal is, but I think that I may swap the saddles around to get a better feel. My thoughts are to use the highest saddles on the E strings, lower the whole tem to set action where it is on the outer strings, and then shim the other 4 saddles. Does this make sense to anyone?

Thx
if the inner strings were high surely the strings wouldn't hit the fretboard as early? unless I have that backwards
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc
if the inner strings were high surely the strings wouldn't hit the fretboard as early? unless I have that backwards

I agree...seems to make sense..like I said above, I need to measure a bit more precisely.!!

Thanks again
no worries
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?