im after a small practice amp and was after some suggestions have had the bugera 6262 and 333xl in recent times and currently have line 6 spider 3 head (some may say a downgrade but I kinda like it) im not really gigging anymore so not really any need for anything big atm

been looking into orange micro/tiny terrors they look pretty cool and theyre pretty cheap (would only need a head as I have Harley Benton g212 already) anyone got any experience of them or any other suggestions

I mainly play rock/ metal although would like some nice cleans
new or used not fussed
budget £150-200
Unfortunately no tiny terror is going to be in that price range, but I've used the micro terror on numerous occasions and it is phenomenal. Cleans are sparkling, has a nice overdrive to crunch, then pop a tube screamer up front and you can get some nice metal tones from it. Very British though, so if your trying to play pantera Etc this is not the amp for you, but if that's your sound this is perfect. Very versatile, my luthier refused to sell his when I tried to buy it, and most of his amps are boutique (dr z etc) so that's saying something. Great choice

EDIT: the amps I'm talking about are his personal ones not shop ones
-Main Gear-
ESP Ltd V-401 + D Activator N&B
De Armond/Guild 2000 M72 Bluesbird w/ USA Toastertops
Peavey JSX & XXL
Mesa Boogie Rectifier Vertical 2x12
Airis Effects Savage Drive
Last edited by TYSHADOWS at Apr 25, 2014,
Oooow ****...

Wait!
Get a jet city!
A JCA22H!

And then as soon as you have the money change the speakers in that cab if it's the g212 and not the g212 vintage, with eminence v12 or wgs v30 or similar stuff you may find for little money.

The 333xl may work too, yeah.
Name's Luca.

Quote by OliOsbourne
I don't know anything about this topic, but I just clicked on this thread because of your username :O
Quote by Cajundaddy
Clue: amplifiers amplify so don't turn it on if you need quiet.
Quote by chrismendiola
I guess spambots are now capable of reading minds.
+1 jet city (as usual). if you can stretch ~£50 the 50 will have more headroom for the cleans. cleans aren't amazing but should be passable at the volumes you'll be playing at (if you're playing at very low volumes the 22h might even have good enough cleans and it's a bit cheaper). it should sound good with v30s so your cab will be great with it, should suit it well.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Alright cheers ill take a look nice sig dave i actually like chappers ive got a ml2 which is one of the nicest knecks ive played
yeah i just thought the quote about him was funny
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
right another quick question would the micro terror sound any good through a 1x12 with a v30in thinking or selling my 2x12 an picking up the 1x12 is it worth it kinda cramped for space would it be a downgrade or not?
i haven't tried it but i'd have thought it's a downgrade
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by kingowensteve
right another quick question would the micro terror sound any good through a 1x12 with a v30in thinking or selling my 2x12 an picking up the 1x12 is it worth it kinda cramped for space would it be a downgrade or not?

I tried it with a 212 with v30s and it sounded phenomenal, considering the actual matching cab made for it by orange is a 1x8 im sure it would sound fine through a 112 (especially with a v30), but i agree that would be a downgrade, incase you ever get a higher wattage amp you will be very limited with only 60w to work with. It would not be a tone downgrade though because its only a 20w head. MAYBE slightly less audible bass thump but nothing drastic
-Main Gear-
Peavey JSX & XXL
Last edited by TYSHADOWS at Apr 26, 2014,
Keep the cab and save up for a better amp.
I personally don't think the micro terror is a great amp y' know.
I mean I like myself a single tone control in a clean amp, but I think it's pretty limiting there.
Pluss it's pretty small, I wouldn't go around gigging with a twenty (though you'd just be using ten with your cab) watts amp with a digital power amp.
It's convenient and all but I don't even thing it sounds particularly good.

The tiny/dual/dark/jim root terror would be hella better, but even though they're nice and small I wouldn't ever buy one.
I personally don't like the sound, but they are really low power, not that versatile, and very pricey.

I'd save up and get something better sounding.
The jet city, an egnater rebel, a vypyr tube head...
Name's Luca.

Quote by OliOsbourne
I don't know anything about this topic, but I just clicked on this thread because of your username :O
Quote by Cajundaddy
Quote by chrismendiola
tbh that's kinda the point I need a small versatile amp,
im not gonna be gigging anytime soon so something that sounds good at bedroom volumes is ideally what im after
It's not like a big amp will sound bad at low volumes, and the micro terror, or imo the whole orange lunchbox series, isn't really versatile.
Like, reeeally not really versatile.

Though that's just me and I don't like how orange's sound, so I guess since they're small they may as well work for you if you like that particular sound.
Name's Luca.

Quote by OliOsbourne
Quote by Cajundaddy
Quote by chrismendiola
Like I've said, I've used the micro on many occasions and I was thoroughly impressed each time. For what you need it is a very good choice. There many not be many knobs but it really is versatile, especially with a tube screamer. It will always retain that British sound though. The clean is nice though so you could probobly pop a distortion pedal infront if you want a different sound than what your getting. But gain wise it could do up to rock by itself, w/ a screamer it really tightens up and you can get sweet metal. It really is versatile. But you should try it yourself to see if you like how it's voiced.
EDIT: also very good at low volumes, but this sucker can get LOUD as well.
-Main Gear-
Peavey JSX & XXL
Last edited by TYSHADOWS at Apr 27, 2014,
I owned a Tiny Terror head for about 3 years and ran it through an Avatar 1x12 cab with Celestion G12H30. For Pro sounding no-nonsense Brit crunch it has phenomenal sound and tonewise the 1x12 is every bit as good as 2x12, just 3db less punch. For jamming at home it is a lot of amp but really does sound good at low volumes. It is actually a very versatile amp if you take the time to learn it. The Terrors are not handicapped in any way with just 3 knobs if you know how to use the volume and tone controls on your guitar. I would set the amp for medium crunch gain, roll off the guitar for clean, and use an OD pedal in front for heavier gain. Nice! Need a bit more sound for gigs? Run it through a 4x12 and add 6db. Bam!

Lots of guitar amp snobs sneer at the little Orange amps until they hear a really good guitarist play through one. Then the sneer turns into open mouthed awe. They are little British tone monsters so give em a look.
"Your sound is in your hands as much as anything. It's the way you pick, and the way you hold the guitar, more than it is the amp or the guitar you use." -- Stevie Ray Vaughan

"Anybody can play. The note is only 20 percent. The attitude of the motherfucker who plays it is 80 percent." -- Miles Davis

Guthrie on tone: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zmohdG9lLqY
Quote by Cajundaddy
tonewise the 1x12 is every bit as good as 2x12, just 3db less punch.
Well the sound is hella wider, I'd take a 2x12 over any 1x12 of the same material and with the same speakers.
Name's Luca.

Quote by OliOsbourne
Quote by Cajundaddy
Quote by chrismendiola
Quote by Spambot_2
Well the sound is hella wider, I'd take a 2x12 over any 1x12 of the same material and with the same speakers.

Sounds like you have never gigged much live. I'm not sure how "wide" one needs to go in a bedroom situation. I probably used the TT in 50 shows over 3 years with this band where I needed a Pro British crunch sound. Small venues it was plenty of sound to run with a drummer. Large venues they mic'd the drums and my 1x12 cab so the 20,000 watt line array house system handled the "wide" for me just fine.
"Your sound is in your hands as much as anything. It's the way you pick, and the way you hold the guitar, more than it is the amp or the guitar you use." -- Stevie Ray Vaughan

"Anybody can play. The note is only 20 percent. The attitude of the motherfucker who plays it is 80 percent." -- Miles Davis

Guthrie on tone: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zmohdG9lLqY
Last edited by Cajundaddy at Apr 27, 2014,
Im keeping the 2x12 figure i can turn it up right so it takes up less floorspace will that harm it in any way? How much better is the tiny terror to the micro terror
Quote by kingowensteve
Im keeping the 2x12 figure i can turn it up right so it takes up less floorspace will that harm it in any way? How much better is the tiny terror to the micro terror

The Tiny Terror is way better than the micro

Yes I put my 2x12 cab on end and put my 1980Jr on top. I suggest you get a set of feet for the end so you don't ruin the tolex.
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Quote by kingowensteve
In what way is way better? Ill bear that in mind thanks

The sound/tone of the amp, and the volume that is available.
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
I think more importantly is it £300 better bearing in mind its primarily for home / bedroom use
Quote by kingowensteve
I think more importantly is it £300 better bearing in mind its primarily for home / bedroom use

That you have to decide. Is there any way you can try both out?
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Not really havent got any local stores thibk closest one to have any orange amps is couple hour drive
I've never tried the Micro Terror but I've played a few Tiny and Dark terrors. While they sound GREAT I would say that while there is a ton of different tones on tap they have more limited EQ with a single tone knob than say a 3-band EQ.

I personally love the Terror sound, Tiny for a straight up British rock sound and the Dark for hard rock and metal. But for the money you're paying you can get a Jet City 22H and still have leftover cash. That's an amazing sounding amp for the money, like so good you won't believe you paid under 300 pounds for it. The Jet City has 2 channels, 3-band EQ and an effects loop making it far more versatile.

I say check out the Jet City but if you're willing blow the cash on Orange and can live with 1 tone knob go for it, they sound great!
Gibson Les Paul Studio Deluxe
Gibson Les Paul Traditional
Seagull S6
Laney Lionheart L5T

and a bunch pedals...
Last edited by jonthorsigmunds at Apr 27, 2014,