I beseech Ultimate Guitar for help! I can't for the life of me play No More Tears. I'm watching a video on youtube, and the section right at :43 seconds is killing me. I can't wrap my brain around the timing. And those bends on the 10 on the way up the neck. Is that a sweep. I'm confused how to hit that 12-10-10 on the G B E string. Any help would be great.
Guitar Player Since April 12th, 2005.
Guitar of Choice: Schecter S-1 Elite
Proud of His Two Warnings
Are you talking about the solo or the intro or what? Post the Youtube video you are talking about.

Figuring out the timing is easier if you slow the song down (Windows Media Player can do it, just right click the play button).
Quote by AlanHB
Just remember that there are no boring scales, just boring players.

Gear

Bach Stradivarius 37G
Charvel So Cal
Fender Dimension Bass
Hartke HyDrive 210c
Ibanez BL70
Laney VC30
Tokai TB48
Yamaha FG720S-12
Yamaha P115
I believe on the record it is played with a bottleneck. Please post a link to the version you are talking about. Tab and video.
Yeah, the intro is played with slide.
Quote by AlanHB
Just remember that there are no boring scales, just boring players.

Gear

Bach Stradivarius 37G
Charvel So Cal
Fender Dimension Bass
Hartke HyDrive 210c
Ibanez BL70
Laney VC30
Tokai TB48
Yamaha FG720S-12
Yamaha P115
Wow. I feel like a moron, everyone. I completely meant to post the link with my initial post, and didn't realize I forgot it. Here is the link I'm talking about:

No More Tears Solo
Guitar Player Since April 12th, 2005.
Guitar of Choice: Schecter S-1 Elite
Proud of His Two Warnings
yeah that bit's tricky as all get-out in terms of the timing. I'm not sure I even have it down right yet, but I'm getting closer. It's sort of like a very stock kind of lick played in a not so usual timing which can be confusing.

I dunno if you need to sweep that bit or not, it's up to you really, whichever way feels easier.

that dude played it really well in the vid fwiw.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?