00:00 E Major Penta-Mixonoodling
00:24 A Doriangonal-Major/Bluesening(ening)
00:43 E Doria-chromiamo-matico
01:01 Chromaticalogically Steps up 3 semi's and kinda same:same G/C (Dor-real)
01:22 back down again, and yep still noodling....

and yes to a certain degree, I was being serious, so hope it helps!
Last edited by tonibet72 at Apr 26, 2014,
Is it just me but does his tone and playing style totally not suit that backing track?
And no, Guitar Hero will not help. Even on expert. Really.
Soundcloud
Haha thanks for the replies, but what I would like to know is which are the scales I can use over the backing track (the less the better), I don't really care about the solo of that video and what scales he used, it was just an example.

Here is the backing track without the solo. It's the "Funk" one.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/ev7ahotu4hxjbc4/msmUHAPFCl
Last edited by SR7s at Apr 26, 2014,
The backing track is E7 A7 E7, then a Gm7 C7 vamp and then it goes back to E and fades out.

E minor pentatonic will work over the first chords (you could also try playing some major thirds over the chords, ie G# over the E7 chord and C# over the A7 chord). Then it modulates to Gm. G minor pentatonic or G dorian will fit the chords well.
Quote by AlanHB
Just remember that there are no boring scales, just boring players.

Gear

Bach Stradivarius 37G
Charvel So Cal
Fender Dimension Bass
Hartke HyDrive 210c
Ibanez BL70
Laney VC30
Tokai TB48
Yamaha FG720S-12
Yamaha P115
Quote by MaggaraMarine
The backing track is E7 A7 E7, then a Gm7 C7 vamp and then it goes back to E and fades out.

E minor pentatonic will work over the first chords (you could also try playing some major thirds over the chords, ie G# over the E7 chord and C# over the A7 chord). Then it modulates to Gm. G minor pentatonic or G dorian will fit the chords well.

Thanks for the reply. So I guess I could play E mixolydian over the E7, A mixolydian over the A7 and G dorian over the Gm7 and C7.
Quote by tonibet72
^ which is basically what I said ...
You just made up some words that sort of relate to that. Sure it might have been funny, but don't expect anyone to actually understand what you were getting at exactly, especially a beginner.
Looks to be in the key of gurn for most of it...

Quote by AlanHB
Is it just me but does his tone and playing style totally not suit that backing track?

Agreed. And I generally like wanky fusiony stuff.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
@sickman: true true, that is a good point, I was going from what level the video was at, Vamping 7th chords and lots a noodling, so I assumed TS had some sort of grasp other than beginner level, and just wanted some direction as to what was being covered exactly, ie: scales/Key... which is what he asked (key), but yeah point taken! thanks!

Edit: @sickman: ...and how is Alan's or Dave's comments helping BTW?
Last edited by tonibet72 at Apr 26, 2014,
Quote by SR7s
Thanks for the reply. So I guess I could play E mixolydian over the E7, A mixolydian over the A7 and G dorian over the Gm7 and C7.

Yes.
Quote by AlanHB
Just remember that there are no boring scales, just boring players.

Gear

Bach Stradivarius 37G
Charvel So Cal
Fender Dimension Bass
Hartke HyDrive 210c
Ibanez BL70
Laney VC30
Tokai TB48
Yamaha FG720S-12
Yamaha P115
Quote by tonibet72

Edit: @sickman: ...and how is... Dave's comments helping BTW?

To be fair, you can hardly blame him for not going back in time to retroactively critique my comment.

It's hardly like he could anticipate I'd make a silly comment.

Oh wait...

I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Last edited by Dave_Mc at Apr 27, 2014,
Quote by tonibet72
@sickman: true true, that is a good point, I was going from what level the video was at, Vamping 7th chords and lots a noodling, so I assumed TS had some sort of grasp other than beginner level, and just wanted some direction as to what was being covered exactly, ie: scales/Key... which is what he asked (key), but yeah point taken! thanks!

Edit: @sickman: ...and how is Alan's or Dave's comments helping BTW?

They're not helping but they didn't claim to be helping either. You said Maggara's comment was the same as yours, and you implied it was redundant, which it most certainly wasn't. Do you really think that someone wouldn't take more information from Maggara's comment than they would from yours?

Anyway, TS is asking for help regarding scales to play over this. Which actually means that TS isn't at the level the video is at.
Quote by AlanHB

No, you're not alone. He's a solid player, but his style of playing doesn't sound right over that style of progression.
Skip the username, call me Billy
Quote by sickman411
They're not helping but they didn't claim to be helping either. You said Maggara's comment was the same as yours, and you implied it was redundant, which it most certainly wasn't. Do you really think that someone wouldn't take more information from Maggara's comment than they would from yours?

Anyway, TS is asking for help regarding scales to play over this. Which actually means that TS isn't at the level the video is at.

I think my first reply was very informative funk you very much... just not written in the manner YOU would like... and the same could be said regarding Maggara's comment following mine... what's your point???
^^^ You both gave good answers to the question. No need to discuss which was better.
And no, Guitar Hero will not help. Even on expert. Really.
Soundcloud
Quote by sickman411
They're not helping but they didn't claim to be helping either.

That's unfair. I'd say a good 2% (rounded up) of my posts are helpful.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by AlanHB

Wow! He is on Venus while the track is on Mars. More ears, less sweep arpeggios.
"Your sound is in your hands as much as anything. It's the way you pick, and the way you hold the guitar, more than it is the amp or the guitar you use." -- Stevie Ray Vaughan

"Anybody can play. The note is only 20 percent. The attitude of the motherfucker who plays it is 80 percent." -- Miles Davis

Guthrie on tone: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zmohdG9lLqY
Quote by Dave_Mc
That's unfair. I'd say a good 2% (rounded up) of my posts are helpful.

All I did was agree that your post wasn't directly answering the OP, and pointing out that it wasn't supposed to either. Actually if anyone here isn't helping the OP in any way, it's me.

Anyway guys, sorry for making a fuss out of tonibet's stuff. Carry on.
Last edited by sickman411 at Apr 27, 2014,
Quote by sickman411
All I did was agree that your post wasn't directly answering the OP, and pointing out that it wasn't supposed to either. Actually if anyone here isn't helping the OP in any way, it's me.

Anyway guys, sorry for making a fuss out of tonibet's stuff. Carry on.

haha no worries, I was only joking there. I was no help in here at all
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?