I dont have it BUT

Given that the engine is the same as G3/G5, and I'm quite ok to gig with an up/down style pedal, AND this has an expression pedal, and so much other stuff, I'm gonna go for it to go along with my new hardtail ibanez.

I dont even consider this a "low end" pedal save for the lack of buttons to stomp on - in terms of sound, this will do just as nicely as the G5 and HD500 I tried.

Heres an interesting video of g1xon. Interesting because

1) Im quite sure the guy looped the backing track over the g1xon also
2) the sound is pretty damn good
3) he looks like hes in physical pain with every bend

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o4MgAkITico
These are new? Is it just me or does Zoom have a dozen or so different mfx that range from dirt cheap to pretty cheap? Where do you guys find these? I rarely see any but the g3/5 and that cheesy Dave Mustaine one. If its cheaper than the g3, I'd be worried about stepping on it. The g3/5 is great for all the features if not the sound, Imo, but zoom is pretty notorious for cheap, dogawful multifx.
Fender Mustang/Derfenstein DST> Boss Power Wah> Pedal Monsters Klone> Bogner Uberschall> Walrus Audio Janus> Randall RM20> Line 6 M9> Randall RM20
^ They used to be notorious for that, but the G3 & G5 are a significant step up from their older ranges and are a genuine competitor to Line 6's multifx units. I'd recommend a G3 over a POD any day. It's built solidly, has some great effects, and loads of extras I don't think you get on a POD (looper, interface, drum sequencer etc).

The 1 & 2 series though? Not so much. It looks like they've updated them a bit judging by the pictures in the OP, but the 1 & 2 series were always cheap for a reason. These are the pedals that have evolved from Zoom's older, cheaper pedals.

TS - avoid the 1 & 2, save a bit more money & get a G3. You won't regret it.
Gibson LP Traditional, LP GT, LP Studio, SG Standard x2
Barber Tone Press > EHX Worm >TC Polytune > MXR Custom Badass 78 > EXH Glove > EHX East River Drive > Zoom G3 > TC Spark Mini Booster
Laney VC30
Marshall TSL602
Jet City JCA22H
My SoundCloud
I know they have tails(trails) of delay

(g3 ,g5 don't yet...)

when changing the paches ,

but
can they go 100% wet so no dry signal is audible?(delay)
(owners of g3 could answer this they have almost all the same fx)
The thing is, the G3 & G5 don't use patches in the same way - they are not the same as the 1 & 2 series.

With the cheaper pedals you're talking about (G1 & G2), with a patch you get all or nothing. They are designed to work around a series of predefined sounds that can't be manipulated during playing.

On Zoom's good units (G3 & G5), a patch is a collection of individually controlled effects. Each 'patch' can have up to 6 effects assigned, including an amp sim. Of those 6 effects, you can have them all on, you can have none of them on, or anything in between. When you turn an effect off, that effect stops. These units are designed to recreate a collection of individual pedals.

Obviously it's up to you - if you want a cheap unit with limited capability, get the 1 or 2 series. If you want a high level piece of kit which can do almost everything a guitarist will ever need, get the 3 or 5.

Personally I would never recommend the 1 or 2 series. They're designed for absolute beginers and are not a long term investment. The 3 & 5 are quality pieces of kit for people who need to be able to have full control over their sound. In guitar terms, comparing the 1 & 2 to the 3 & 5 is like comparing a low end Epiphone to a full on Gibson.
Barber Tone Press > EHX Worm >TC Polytune > MXR Custom Badass 78 > EXH Glove > EHX East River Drive > Zoom G3 > TC Spark Mini Booster
Laney VC30
Marshall TSL602
Jet City JCA22H
My SoundCloud
thank you GaryBillington but you are answering a question that i have not made
also I believe you are confused about the which mulitfx I am talking about
(G1on ,g1xon) and not (g1n and g1xn )
please check the manuals at http://www.zoom.co.jp/products/

as an owner of a g2 I can say that if you did not like it ... than you probably didn't use it correctly. (like i also did not for many years... ) presets suck.
you must turn the cab on at the second eq section to get good sounds and use the first eq section for turning all the highs down.

unfortunately all youtube until now reviews are not good and in depth
I 100% agree with gary. If you liked the g2 cool, but I suspect if you were to try a g3 you'll notice what we're talking about and it'll change your life forever(or at least sound better, easier). I wouldn't think anyone whose tried multiple multifx would be happy with the pre-g3, zoom multifx. Just sayin'
Fender Mustang/Derfenstein DST> Boss Power Wah> Pedal Monsters Klone> Bogner Uberschall> Walrus Audio Janus> Randall RM20> Line 6 M9> Randall RM20
My band's bass player just ordered a B1on, and I have an MS-100BT which uses the same software as the 1on/1Xon series.

Even though I initially bought it as a novelty/toy, the MS-100BT is really great. Some of the overdrives and distortions too.

It sounds so good that I even stopped carrying all my gear to the band rehearsals. I just bring one guitar and the MS-100BT and run it straight to the PA with amp+cab models enabled.
After playing with the MS-100BT for a while, the bass player decided to get the B1on, we're awaiting for it to arrive.

So, as far as the quality of the products go, I think they're well worth the money.

Quote by mousakathegreat
I know they have tails(trails) of delay when changing the paches ,but
can they go 100% wet so no dry signal is audible?

About this, tomorrow morning when I have all my gear plugged in I'll try it and then I'll answer.
Squier "VMC" Stratocaster
PRS SE Singlecut
tc electronic polytune
CMAT MODS Signa Drive
Blakemore Effects Deus Ex Machina
DIY gaussmarkov Dr. Boogey
EHX Small Clone
Mooer ShimVerb
DIY Beavis Devolt
T-REX Fuel Tank Chameleon
Ampeg GVT52-112
Quote by mousakathegreat
thank you GaryBillington but you are answering a question that i have not made
also I believe you are confused about the which mulitfx I am talking about
(G1on ,g1xon) and not (g1n and g1xn )
please check the manuals at http://www.zoom.co.jp/products/

as an owner of a g2 I can say that if you did not like it ... than you probably didn't use it correctly. (like i also did not for many years... ) presets suck.
you must turn the cab on at the second eq section to get good sounds and use the first eq section for turning all the highs down.

unfortunately all youtube until now reviews are not good and in depth

I'm not confused about which model you're talking about, I'm just trying to help.

The 1 & 2 series are useful for beginners, they can be good tools for practicing with headphones and can be an introduction to the world of effects. If all you need is something basic, they're fine. However, you will most probably outgrow them in time. With better kit, this is less likely to happen.

Always remember: Buy cheap, buy twice.

You're right about youtube reviews though, they can be useful but should be used carefully. A lot are made by people new to their equipment and the novelty factor is still in play. Most of the rest are made by people trying to sell something and sales people rarely say too much about the negatives.

The other problems with youtube reviews are that the sound quality is always poor, they are almost never done using the kit you'll be using, and when you have a specific question (which is certainly the case for you) it is unlikely to be answered.

Is it mostly the delay you're after? If that is the case, and you specifically want the delay to continue trailing after you've switched the effect off, have you considered buying a dedicated delay pedal? I'm not a delay expert, but I've used a few and while a lot of them stop trailing as soon as you stomp on the pedal I know there are some out there that do what you need. It might be worth investigating investing in a proper delay pedal that meets all your requirements - and it would certainly be better than the delay you get in a cheap multi effect unit.
Laney VC30
Marshall TSL602
Jet City JCA22H
My SoundCloud
thank you Linkermann I am looking forward to your findings
GaryBillington I have a full analog pedalboard but for the purpose I want (practise with band and small gigs) the zoom g1xon is perfect, without the need to carry all my gear which is heavy and at a price that I will probably not regret .Also It has a feature where you can preselect your preset before activating it ,which is great for a 2 pedal multifx .

as for the delays I usually use the g2 ,nothing spectacular but it has no tone sucking except of little tiny bit off dynamics loss that is not really noticeable .I have tested it with a true bypass looper and a parallel mixer.
If the G1xon is the same ,tone sucking vise than it might end up on the analog pedalboard just for ambient fx. the only bad thing..... it doesnt have tap tempo ,that g3 and g5 do...but they don't have trails.....haha maybe in a future update ,but they have probably made a new g9xon as we speak having all the fun things at a 400 dollar price.... sorry not interested!

suposably the g1xon has the same "engine" with the g3 so these reviews of the g3 would a
also apply to the g1xon .
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rv_SgoRHSNE
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cKqLeOuGMr8
exept analog delay

All this come from someone who believes current multiefx suck( drives sounds vs vst software for example) but with the right tweaking they can be very handy in many circumstances.
What sorta gear do you use when you're serious?
too many that make me dance .... need three legs (mostly famous cheap pedal clones) but that is irrelevant to this thread.
Quote by mousakathegreat
I know they have tails(trails) of delay when changing the paches ,but
can they go 100% wet so no dry signal is audible?

Sorry it took so long, but my last couple of days have been hectic and only now I had a few minutes of free time to test this.

I just went through all of the delays on the MS-100BT, and only 1 (the reverse delay) could go 100% wet, no dry signal audible.

All of the other delays completely let the dry signal through, even with the "mix" control maxed out.
Squier "VMC" Stratocaster
PRS SE Singlecut
tc electronic polytune
CMAT MODS Signa Drive
Blakemore Effects Deus Ex Machina
DIY gaussmarkov Dr. Boogey
EHX Small Clone
Mooer ShimVerb
DIY Beavis Devolt
T-REX Fuel Tank Chameleon
Ampeg GVT52-112
thank you Linkerman It seems only the MS-70CDR of the zooms has a kill dry function (or 100% wet from a different view ) .........
I was just reading the manual of the g1xon ,it is very different written from the previous models manuals ....I just realized you can control pretty much anything you need with the control pedal ,they indicate that with a tiny P
Quote by mousakathegreat
I made a review of my zoom g1xon I love it!!!
Post your review here, so we can see it.
Quote by mousakathegreat
I made a review of my zoom g1xon I love it!!!

I hope that attached video wasn't your review!
Laney VC30
Marshall TSL602
Jet City JCA22H
My SoundCloud
This guy should be on the wtlt list. His knowledge and insight is inspirational