Hey guys,
I have an Orange Rockerverb, and I'm looking for something to do multi effects stuff that I don't have (I mainly have drive pedals) and a few lower gain amp models within the Orange. Any suggestion? I'm mainly asking what's the difference in the two and is it worth the 2,200 for an Axe FX? Thanks!

Cody
The Axe FX can literally replace your entire amp and pedal setup. The POD could do this as well, but not to the degree the Axe could. The Axe also has a lot more to it as far as different amp models. The POD just has a few (like 20 maybe) meanwhile the Axe has hundreds.

Overall the POD is like 80% the quality as far as sound goes that the Axe is. If you get the Axe, you might as well ditch your Orange and get a good power amp then run that into a cab. With the POD you can keep the Orange. I just feel that if you got an Axe and used it for just effects you would be wasting it's potential.
Gibson RD Silverburst w/ Lace Dissonant Aggressors (SOLD)
Electra Omega Prime Ceruse
Fender Franken-Jag Bass

Amps and the like:
Laney VH100R
Seismic Luke 2x12
Dunlop 105Q Wah
Gojira FX 808
Line 6 M9
If you're just looking for effects I think you're better off looking at something like the line 6 m13
AC30 C2 with greenbacks

Fender JA-90 Telecaster
Fender Mexican classic series 60's Telecaster

MXR Noise Clamp
Dunlop Crybaby
Pro-co Rat 2
Fulltone Plimsoul
Electro Harmonix Big Muff W/ Tone Wicker
Mooer Orange 90
Vox Delay Lab
I'm going to use the four cable method with it, meaning I can both use it for effects and use the Orange as a power amp for amp models through the Axe FX. I'll be using the Axe to do modeling still and effects I just want to know if it's worth it above the POD
Yes, yes it is. You can do ANYTHING with an Axe. It's recommend just going from Axe's out to the Orange Power amp in (FX Return) instead of using the 4 cable method.
Fender Franken-Jag Bass

Amps and the like:
Laney VH100R
Seismic Luke 2x12
Dunlop 105Q Wah
Gojira FX 808
Line 6 M9
What do you play?
'cause if you play a rockerverb, I'd say 9 times out of 10 you could just sell the amp and take the axe.

Shit ton of effects, for serious.
Though it's a pain in the ass to dial in any sound, the front panel is not really smartly designed imo.
Name's Luca.

Quote by OliOsbourne
I don't know anything about this topic, but I just clicked on this thread because of your username :O
Quote by Cajundaddy
Clue: amplifiers amplify so don't turn it on if you need quiet.
Quote by chrismendiola
I guess spambots are now capable of reading minds.
It depends on your actual needs, but in most cases the answer between $700 and $2200 is a resounding "NO".
“Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.”
Charles Darwin
If you just want effects and the occassional amp model, buy a used Axe-FX Standard for ~$1000.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
The thing is, I play EVERYTHING. Jazz, blues, reggae, pop, rock, punk, death metal, hair metal, funk, r&b, rap, electronic...

I love the Orange and I will NOT sell it. Sorry; it's too great.

All I'm asking about is how good the Axe Fx is in comparison to the POD
The Axe blows the POD out of the water, that's why it's 8 times the price
Fender Franken-Jag Bass

Amps and the like:
Laney VH100R
Seismic Luke 2x12
Dunlop 105Q Wah
Gojira FX 808
Line 6 M9
Quote by gibson52198
All I'm asking about is how good the Axe Fx is in comparison to the POD

The POD can get very close to emulating the sound of many amps; the more gain you use the less accurate the reproduction is. The Axe-FX is so accurate you can sometimes run A/B tests and not hear any difference.
What type of stuff do you mainly play? You practically listed every genre of music. Then again maybe you're in 2-5 different cover bands for all we know.

The Pod Pro X is a pretty powerful unit. I've even seen a couple AxeFx users ditch their AxeFx for the Pod Pro X, as crazy as that might sound. The AxeFx is going to cover pretty much anything you need to do, while the Pod offers a little more limited selection of models and effects.

Like Matrix recommended, your best bet may be to meet in the middle with the AxeFx Standard.