Firstly my ideal amp would be a fender twin reverb 65 reissue but here in the UK they retail for £1300 which is way too much. My budget is about £600 but for the right amp I could stretch it to £700. Basically I'm looking for an amp that has similar cleans to the twin reverb but is considerably cheaper. I am willing to buy used also.

I don't have many specifics but a master volume control, 6l6 tubes (maybe 6v6) and one or more 12 inch speaker. Would prefer a combo but I don't mind getting a head.

Some fender amps that fit this criteria and are in my budget are:

Fender hot rod deluxe III
Fender blues deluxe
Fender hot rod deville III 2x12

How do the cleans on these compare to a twin reverb? Also an overdrive channel as well as the clean channel would be a bonus but isn't essential (willing to sacrifice it for better cleans or a cheaper price)
Look for a used silverface twin, should be in your budget. depending on the type of drive you need, fender may not do what you need
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
How loud do you need to go? All of the Hot Rod series will get you in the game. Their cabinets are voiced a little darker than a Twin but most of this can be mitigated with tone controls. If you are regularly gigging to 200+ people I recommend the HRD or Deville. Just jamming at home and looking for great Fender guitar tone? Fender Super Champ XD. It might give you better Fender Blackface Twin tone than a Reissue Twin.
"Your sound is in your hands as much as anything. It's the way you pick, and the way you hold the guitar, more than it is the amp or the guitar you use." -- Stevie Ray Vaughan

"Anybody can play. The note is only 20 percent. The attitude of the motherfucker who plays it is 80 percent." -- Miles Davis

Guthrie on tone: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zmohdG9lLqY
If you need the volume, either of the HRDs would do alright. If you don't need the volume, I prefer the Blues Juniors and Super Champ XDs over the HRDs... But really the answer is an old silverfaced Fender.
Quote by Cathbard
Quote by Raijouta
Unless its electronic drums.

BURN THE WITCH!!!!!
I own a HRD 1x12 combo, and it is versatile, clean and loud. I bought mine because my guitar teacher of some years ago uses his as his go-to amp for for classic rock, blues, jazz, C&W, etc. gigs here in Texas.

The drive channel, though, isn't all that good. I just use pedals to dirty up my sound.

I will also say that the Vox amps I tried when shopping for my HRD were every bit as appealing as it was. The deciding factor was my teacher's experience. I think I'd have been just as happy with a Vox, though, and given that its a British amp, you might be able to get a better deal on those than on Fenders.

I have been told- but have not experienced first hand- that Mesa amps offer excellent cleans and better distortion.
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
Last edited by dannyalcatraz at Apr 26, 2014,
Have a look at the Ampeg GVT52-112.

I got mine precisely because I wanted an amp with a great clean channel to run my pedals through.
Its cleans are similar to the Fender HRD cleans, but not so overly bright and with more pronounced mids. It's a great amp.
Squier "VMC" Stratocaster
PRS SE Singlecut
tc electronic polytune
CMAT MODS Signa Drive
Blakemore Effects Deus Ex Machina
DIY gaussmarkov Dr. Boogey
EHX Small Clone
Mooer ShimVerb
DIY Beavis Devolt
T-REX Fuel Tank Chameleon
Ampeg GVT52-112
^ I don't know, I wouldn't say it sounds that much like a fender.
I like it better anyway...
Name's Luca.

Quote by OliOsbourne
I don't know anything about this topic, but I just clicked on this thread because of your username :O
Quote by Cajundaddy
Clue: amplifiers amplify so don't turn it on if you need quiet.
Quote by chrismendiola
I guess spambots are now capable of reading minds.
Thank you for all the responses. I'm currently not In a band atm (I was in a hardcore punk band but due to change in my music style I decided to leave hence why I need a new amp haha). Although, this doesn't mean that the amp I am going to get now will never be needed for a band situation. Anything between about 20-80 watts will be good.
I can't speak about the silverface because I never heard one, but I do have an original Blues Deville 212 and it sounds amazing. Very nice clean tone and stays clean until turned up very loud. Has a drive channel which a lot of people don't like but I dont think it's so bad if you use boost into. I generally use pedals on the clean channel anyway for any dirt and I can get any tone I need if I use my multi fx.
here in America you could get the "real deal" no re-issue fender twin reverb in your budget used , but I think the Vox was a good suggestion from Danny for your Country
My line6 dt25 on topology1 sounds more fendery than my fender blues jr.
Well if Min were here...
Quote by Cathbard
Quote by Raijouta
Unless its electronic drums.

BURN THE WITCH!!!!!