Real simple question. I want to replace passive pickups with passive again.

This is my first time Changing them out so what all do I need to buy other than the pickups themselves?

Thanks guys!
A soldering iron
solder
Phillips head screwdriver
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Quote by Robbgnarly
A soldering iron
solder
Phillips head screwdriver

Thanks. That's all I thought I needed but a friend told me I needed a wiring kit. Guess that's just for actives...
Quote by ploxxies
Thanks. That's all I thought I needed but a friend told me I needed a wiring kit. Guess that's just for actives...

No if your going from passives to passives you can leave all the pots/caps unless you want to change them.

here is a good website for wiring diagrams
www.guitarelectronics.com
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
http://www.seymourduncan.com/support/wiring-diagrams/
heres another good site for diagrams

replacing picks ups is really easy you just remove one and put the new one in and match up the wires. most new pickups are 4 wire and stock ones are usually 2....they are the same thing, all you do is solder 2 of the 4 wires together and leave it.

if you bought new, then there should be a paper that tells you what wire does what.
Very Orange CARVIN DC 700
PRS SE Custom - crunch lab&PAF pro
Ibanez GRX40 - modified
Peavey Valveking 112 w/ 2x12 cab

Originally Posted by Shirate
The guitar, the only beautiful female that looks better with the top ON haha

Transformice
You also need to be aware that pickups can end up out of phase if you use the wrong wires for hot and earth. No problem with a single make and follow the instructions, but if you are mixing makes it is a risk. If you want to test phase before installation you need a multimeter. If you take a chance and they do end up out of phase, just swap the wires around on one of the pickups.