Poll: Are bands who sellout bad etc?
Poll Options
View poll results: Are bands who sellout bad etc?
Yes
3 8%
No
11 28%
I don't care, music is music
26 65%
Voters: 40.
Page 1 of 2
I am honestly not sure, wanted to see UGs opinion.
Quote by lolmnt
I love to have my vag pounded by guys who make lame threads on the internet!

Quote by snipelfritz
This thread topic is gold. I've been on this website for 8 years and I've never come up with anything like this. So yeah. Great job TS[457undead].
lol

na
Quote by Sliide90027
But as a bigoted lemming, you have so cry an Alinslyite slur revealing you lack of reason and sense.

Quote by MusicLord16
BOB 1. ur 20 and two u like evil things and idk if u worship the devil
ur mum is a sellout

hheheuehehehe
it's all just coming back
it's all coming back

it's all coming back to me
People who care about if a band sells out or not are usually like 14 and probably still listen to Metallica and Pearl Jam
Depends on if the music is good post sellout.
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
Quote by darkcheef
People who care about if a band sells out or not are usually like 14 and probably still listen to Metallica and Pearl Jam

So people who are not fourteen and don't care if a band sells out do not listen to Metallica or pearl jam? That's kind of a broad generalization.
Quote by lolmnt

Quote by snipelfritz
This thread topic is gold. I've been on this website for 8 years and I've never come up with anything like this. So yeah. Great job TS[457undead].
Quote by 457undead
So people who are not fourteen and don't care if a band sells out do not listen to Metallica or pearl jam? That's kind of a broad generalization.

Yeah, once you pass puberty you stop listening to shitty metal and rock
I don't blame them -- they're just trying to make a living, doing what they love doing.
ERROR 0x45: Signature not found
what even is selling out nobody even knows it's like some ancient myth that everyone's heard different tales of
Quote by Sliide90027
But as a bigoted lemming, you have so cry an Alinslyite slur revealing you lack of reason and sense.

Quote by MusicLord16
BOB 1. ur 20 and two u like evil things and idk if u worship the devil
Quote by darkcheef

yeah you listen to shitty anime soundtracks instead, right nerd!

listen to some real music sometime maybe you'll start to make some sense!
Quote by darkcheef

I for one like some of pearl jam, not so much Metallica. Even flow, elderly lady behind the counter in a small town, black, alive, you don't need to be a certain age not to like some of those songs.
Quote by lolmnt

Quote by snipelfritz
who ****ing gives a shit, just listen to it if you like it or don't if you hate it
bawitaba a bang a bang diggy diggy diggy sed the boogie sed up jump the boogie
Quote by Thrashtastic15
yeah you listen to shitty anime soundtracks instead, right nerd!

listen to some real music sometime maybe you'll start to make some sense!

Nah I just don't listen to shitty Lame Impalla and Kid Cudi like you lmao
Every band has been accused of selling out. Fans who accuse bands of selling out are more often than not uncreative white-trash fatass queers.
Listen to whatever you want. You don't have to like it when a band changes something about their style but you should respect that they try something new. If they always stuck to the same thing their music would get boring.

To me selling out is just being a rapper and wearing swag that girls like. It gives their untalented boyfriends an excuse to pound bass amplifiers in their cars since they don't like guitar. That is selling out and contributing to poop.
Quote by NWD2100
Listen to whatever you want.

To me selling out is just being a rapper

agre completely u cant spell crap w/o spelling rap
it's all just coming back
it's all coming back

it's all coming back to me
Yeah, I agree. But there seems to be a correlation of being on a major label and having a more poppy sound, that the only thing i don't like.
Quote by lolmnt

Quote by snipelfritz
Quote by Thrashtastic15
yes!!!!!!!!

real music is rare in 2014

there is a lot of really good music out there you just have to look for it for example metal is better than it's ever been
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
Quote by NWD2100

To me selling out is just being a rapper and wearing swag that girls like. It gives their untalented boyfriends an excuse to pound bass amplifiers in their cars since they don't like guitar. That is selling out and contributing to poop.

right on brother! keep fighting the good fight!
Quote by RylanThePotato
u say miley cyrus, i say asking alexandria
u say lil wayne, i say suicide silence
u say kanye west, i say escape the fate
u say lady gaga, i say creed
u say beyonce, i say attack attack!
u say justin beaver, i say black veil brides
u say usher, i say three days grace
u say maroon 5, i say alesana

like this comment if ur part of the 1% that still listens 2 tru rock n metal \m/

I will post this every time I see one of these sorts of threads
Who cares if they sell out? If the music is still good everything fine, if it's sucky then just don't listen to it and get on with life.

Fans who complain about bands selling out is a bit odd in general. It's as thought fans don't like to see bands make money.
"We loved you but you sold out for money. You should have kept living on minimal amounts of money to please us, because we liked you!"
When I was eleven I broke the patio window and my mother sued me... She's always been a very aggressive litigator.
Quote by RylanThePotato
I will post this every time I see one of these sorts of threads

Sorry but quite honestly I'd rather listen to the artists on the left, not the right.

You couldn't have selected a more teeny bopper bunch of bands to list.

Only 14 y/o emo kids listen to any of the "br00tal" bands in that list. I'm not 14 anymore.
Quote by Horsedick.MPEG
How do you prepare tea?

Quote by theogonia777
thrown into the boston harbor

Quote by Crofty89
Only if you boil the ocean first

JUST BOUGHT SIKTH DEATH OF A DEAD DAY ALBUM FROM THE US AND IT CAME WITH THE 6 YEAR OLD SIGNED POSTER (30/4/12) WIN
Quote by darkwolf291
The Beatles are widely considered one of the best bands ever, and they sold out to make it to where they got to.

But no one ever brings that up.

They didn't really sell out, I would say. The "screaming teenage girls" phase was in the beginning of their career and they went on to make more adventurous music as time went on.

Anyway, people often accuse bands of selling out when they're actually just putting out the music that they genuinely, "artistically" so to speak, want to make, and that music happens to appeal more to the public. Albums like The Wall, Moving Pictures, Let's Dance, The Game, Load, American Idiot and The Resistance come to mind.

EDIT: ^ Rylan's thing is a parody, not a genuine post.
Quote by sickman411
Rylan's thing is a parody, not a genuine post.

Sorry his name said Potato so I assumed he was actually a potato and was being serious, my bad.

I hope he actually is a potato though.
Quote by Horsedick.MPEG
How do you prepare tea?

Quote by theogonia777

Quote by Crofty89

JUST BOUGHT SIKTH DEATH OF A DEAD DAY ALBUM FROM THE US AND IT CAME WITH THE 6 YEAR OLD SIGNED POSTER (30/4/12) WIN
Quote by ProgFripp74
Sorry his name said Potato so I assumed he was actually a potato and was being serious, my bad.

I hope he actually is a potato though.

100% Idaho grown babycakes
I don't understand the question. The quality of music goes to shit but they're not really bad people...
Like podcasts? Listen to these!
BEER!
VIDEO GAMES!
MOVIES/GEEKY SHIT!

Last edited by zappp : Today at 4:20 PM. Reason: Suck on my balls, UG
Bands selling out is bad when you're like 14.
Quote by darkcheef

Ok cheif, both those bands are famous for good reason.
people change -> artistic tendencies change. i think accusing anyone of "selling out" when you don't know the real business circumstances is awfully presumptuous.
Quote by archerygenious
Jesus Christ since when is the Pit a ****ing courtroom...

Like melodic, black, death, symphonic, and/or avant-garde metal? Want to collaborate? Message me!
Quote by 457undead
Yeah, I agree. But there seems to be a correlation of being on a major label and having a more poppy sound, that the only thing i don't like.

Am I the only one who thinks this?
Quote by lolmnt

Quote by snipelfritz
Quote by NWD2100
To me selling out is just being a rapper

to me saying stupid shit is just being ignorant
Quote by 457undead
Am I the only one who thinks this?

No but it's a bit obvious, major labels have a certain type of genre and sound format from the start, labels don't usually actively try and change the sound of established bands to turn them mainstream, there are probably some exceptions, but they either have control of the artists' sound from the start or sign a band or artist because they play music that they feel they can sell. Labels don't generally tend to change a bands' sound, they might sign a band that has already changed their sound to be more mainstream.
Quote by Horsedick.MPEG
How do you prepare tea?

Quote by theogonia777

Quote by Crofty89

Page 1 of 2