i may sound stupid with this question .. i don't really know since it is my first days in guitar world .. i bought a Yamaha ERG 121 .It is my first guitar ever .. i was advised to by an acoustic one then moving to the electric but i didnt want to because my objective is mainly learning electric blues.. now i realised that there are certain things that i need to learn on acoustic .. (chords for example :p ) so my question is the following .. is there any configuration for the amplifier to make my guitar sound like an acoustic one ?
Look for a button or switch or something that says overdrive or clean or lead or something. Honestly just press buttons on your amp until the noise that exits is one you like. I'm pretty sure even the cheapest ten watt amps can switch to clean, which isn't identical to an acoustic but its a lot closer. Look for a knob that says GAIN, DISTORTION, something like that, and turn it down close to zero. If its too quiet when you do this, just turn the volume up. You'll probably get to a sound where you can clearly hear the chords your learning. Hope this helps tehe
Quote by goochlord
Look for a button or switch or something that says overdrive or clean or lead or something. Honestly just press buttons on your amp until the noise that exits is one you like. I'm pretty sure even the cheapest ten watt amps can switch to clean, which isn't identical to an acoustic but its a lot closer. Look for a knob that says GAIN, DISTORTION, something like that, and turn it down close to zero. If its too quiet when you do this, just turn the volume up. You'll probably get to a sound where you can clearly hear the chords your learning. Hope this helps tehe

yeah i have the clean / drive button .. it makes a big change .. i used the Drive when i wanted long notes .. it's kind of what got me into learning guitar :p other knobs are bass treable gain and middle .. hope i didnt forget any .. thanks for the advice
it'll sound clean if its on the clean setting on your amp, but it won't sound like an acoustic or behave the same way to strumming as an acoustic does.
As already mentioned, you can still do chord work on an electric. You may not care for the way they sound, but you can still learn them. As the others have mentioned, you should be able to get a good, clean tone from your amp. You'll just need to work with it and learn what the various knobs do, so that you can get the right tone.
Set the amp to clean, add a little chorus and reverb and it will be close enough for practice. Really you don't need an acoustic to do this! There is nothing chord wise that you can learn on an acoustic that can't be done (actually easier) on an electric.
okey thank you all .. i ve done the clear configuration and all the others near 0 ..it is not the same as acoustic i agree but it sounds really close and that is all i need right now
You can do everything you can on an acoustic on an electric

Not sure why you think otherwise
ayy lmao
My Roland Cube has a pretty decent acoustic amp model on it.

Also, who says you can't learn chords on an electric?
Besides the improved tone, the only thing an acoustic will do for you, is help improve your finger strength. My finger stamina improved a bunch, when I started playing an acoustic. Prior to getting and playing an acoustic, three or four minutes of barre chords and my fingers would be burning. Now, I can play barre chords all night long and it doesn't even phase me. It's also great for practicing lead work for the same reason.