So its essentially a stereo that works with cds and has male 3.5mm jack. then there are two 90w speakers with a woofer and tweeter. I always had it reeally loud when playing along with music with my guitar. is it worth replacing all of the 4 speakers in the speaker system? the model of it all is Sharp xl-uh242 . yes I know this is the pit but I feel like some people would have knowledge on it. Thanks.
Quote by lolmnt
I love to have my vag pounded by guys who make lame threads on the internet!

Quote by snipelfritz
This thread topic is gold. I've been on this website for 8 years and I've never come up with anything like this. So yeah. Great job TS[457undead].
Quote by deadsmileyface
how much did you pay for it?

nothing, its my sis's but she gave it to me
Quote by lolmnt

Quote by snipelfritz
This thread topic is gold. I've been on this website for 8 years and I've never come up with anything like this. So yeah. Great job TS[457undead].
Quote by deadsmileyface
how much money is it worth? if its an expensive system, yes, replace them. If its not, don't.

it looks older, 2006ish and it ranges from 100-150 usd online but its not in stock anywhere
Quote by lolmnt

Quote by snipelfritz
Quote by 457undead
it looks older, 2006ish and it ranges from 100-150 usd online but its not in stock anywhere

is that expensive for a stereo system?
Quote by lolmnt

Quote by snipelfritz
Quote by 457undead
is that expensive for a stereo system?
That's close to shit for a stereo system
I would get a better one altogether since probably the pres and the amp suck as well.
Name's Luca.

Quote by OliOsbourne
I don't know anything about this topic, but I just clicked on this thread because of your username :O
Quote by Cajundaddy
Clue: amplifiers amplify so don't turn it on if you need quiet.
Quote by chrismendiola
I guess spambots are now capable of reading minds.
I would probably want something that worked as a studio monitor, computer speakers, music player if that's even possible
Quote by lolmnt

Quote by snipelfritz
Then you don't want a conventional hi-fi system.
Yeah, what's the budget?
Name's Luca.

Quote by OliOsbourne
I don't know anything about this topic, but I just clicked on this thread because of your username :O
Quote by Cajundaddy
Quote by chrismendiola
Quote by 457undead
I would probably want something that worked as a studio monitor, computer speakers, music player if that's even possible

jesus wept
^ why?
It's indeed possible, though it's not a hi-fi system.
Name's Luca.

Quote by OliOsbourne
Quote by Cajundaddy
Quote by chrismendiola
using my 4 speaker setup powered off an old cd player for 'studio' monitoring

lol
You're better off getting a set of entry level powered studio monitor speakers, such as the M-Audio AV-40s, and hooking up a CD player to it or using them with your computer. You'll see a huge improvement in your sound quality over what sounds like a boombox. You can find them for around $120 a set.
Hi, I'm Peter
Quote by Dirk Gently
You're better off getting a set of entry level powered studio monitor speakers, such as the M-Audio AV-40s, and hooking up a CD player to it or using them with your computer. You'll see a huge improvement in your sound quality over what sounds like a boombox. You can find them for around $120 a set.

Just a shame that the AV-40s don't have a USB DAC onboard.
You would be better changing the speakers completely instead of just the speaker's drivers (cones). You would get most of your money, and it is easier to find a good used pair. Replacement speakers would be easy to find as it has standard +/- connexion. Just make sure to get 6 ohm speakers.

Studio monitors would be a good choice also, but in most case you will have to get an interface, and it will end costing you more.
Last edited by MadZorm at Apr 27, 2014,