Hi. By the tittle of this tread i may sound like a beginner, but i have got some years and gigs under my belt. Anyway, 2 of my electric guitars have real problems staying in tune. It's my ESP Horizn NT-2 and my Fender Telecaster Deluxe American. Both is concidered mid- to high end guitars. Both have locking great tuners, good setup, good intonation and hardtail bridges. Both is in standard tuning stringed with d'addario 10-46.

The problem is that the guitars (especaly the esp) wont stay in tune. Lets say i play a blues solo or something with alot of bends the guitars is noticebaly out of tune after a couple of minutes. The strings has been on both guitars a couple of weeks now. I stretched them alot when i restrung them and i have tried both carbon and friction remover in the nut. Nothing works. If i pull up on the low e string on my esp for a little while, i can probably get it down 4 semitones.

So what can be my problem? Does ernie ball hold better tuning? What shuld i do? I see no reason why this is happening...
It may be your nut. Your string gets stuck in the nut and when you bend it, the string moves a bit and gets out of tune.
Quote by AlanHB
Just remember that there are no boring scales, just boring players.

Gear

Bach Stradivarius 37G
Charvel So Cal
Fender Dimension Bass
Hartke HyDrive 210c
Ibanez BL70
Laney VC30
Tokai TB48
Yamaha FG720S-12
Yamaha P115
Last edited by MaggaraMarine at Apr 27, 2014,
Is this recent or has it always been like this? Weather change usually destroys my guitar ability to stay in tune for a bit. Also dead strings seem to do this a lot too.
Are you locking the tuners properly?
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Quote by MaggaraMarine
It may be your nut. Your string gets stuck in the nut and when you bend it, the string moves a bit and gets out of tune.

^ This.
You can test this by pressing down on the string somewhere between the nut and the tuner on the string that has gone out of tune, if it goes back to pitch then there is your problem. You might need to make the nut entries a lil bit wider or maybe just lube them.