Page 1 of 3
So there's elections coming up in the UK soon and everyone's got something to say about UKIP. I think UKIP are an incredibly short sighted, reactionary, and primarily stupid political party and would never consider voting for them, and the BNP are borderline racists, but I would be hard pressed to ever consider either one as "evil", as that's sort of a higher crime for me, sadism, abuse, murder etc. are truly evil things.

However some people think UKIP are evil (a short twitter exchange)

Guy: I'm not a political guy at all but come oooon UKIP are ****ing evil

Me: They're close minded idiots but evil is a bit strong

Guy: Nah man, if anything evil is an understatement

sorry what

longing rusted furnace daybreak seventeen benign nine homecoming one freight car
yea cus racism ain't evil, jus light hearted fun innit
Quote by ErikLensherr
Did you hear about the cockney Godfather?

He made them an offer they couldn't understand.
I'd probably vote UKIP if I was British, have you heard about the whole Muslim trojan horse plot in schools in Britain, it's already happened in Birmingham, where Muslim ideals are being taught to kids, such as making girls sit at the back of the class. The Government in Britain now are afraid to take on any problems Religion is causing in case it makes them look bad.
"Britahn faw British peepoh yeh? no fackin terrorist stinky aliens innit"
Quote by ErikLensherr

Quote by lemmyisgod97
I'd probably vote UKIP if I was British, have you heard about the whole Muslim trojan horse plot in schools in Britain, it's already happened in Birmingham, where Muslim ideals are being taught to kids, such as making girls sit at the back of the class. The Government in Britain now are afraid to take on any problems Religion is causing in case it makes them look bad.

Oh golly, just as well we Brits would never force our culture on any other nations.
Quote by ErikLensherr

Leaving the EU is highly stupid but Nigel Farage isn't one of the Moor's murderers.

longing rusted furnace daybreak seventeen benign nine homecoming one freight car
He used an immigrant (Irishman from the republic) as an actor in one of his posters portraying a British builder without work. couldn't find a Brit to employ for that role? all kinds of stupid
Quote by ErikLensherr

Does make me laugh that ol' Nige has a German wife and yet he thought no one ever pick up on it.
RIP Adam
On top of everything else they oppose same sex marriage, oppose disestablishment of the church and support the monarchy. Back to the good ol' days lads.
I'm just saying that Britain is adapting to what certain minorities see fit because they claim it's discrimination, if I went to Britain I live by their rules, if some dickhead wants to live by Sharia Law and teach their kids stone age rules they should f*ck off back to a country that lives by that law.
^learn2multiculturalism

The many colonies under British would have thought the same about pesky British immigrants.
Quote by ErikLensherr

Quote by steve_muse
yea cus racism ain't evil, jus light hearted fun innit

don't be a prat, by the dictionary definition "Morally bad or wrong; wicked" http://www.thefreedictionary.com/evil yeah. but in a less formal sense evil may be reserved for murderers, rapists, etc. so **** off m8
Quote by steve_muse
^learn2multiculturalism

The many colonies under British would have thought the same about pesky British immigrants.

If a British woman went to Saudi Arabia how tolerant would they be if she didn't want to wear a hijab ?
Quote by So-Cal
don't be a prat, by the dictionary definition "Morally bad or wrong; wicked" http://www.thefreedictionary.com/evil yeah. but in a less formal sense evil may be reserved for murderers, rapists, etc. so **** off m8

lol words aren't reserved for anything, evil has associations with being bad, racism is pretty bad even if it's covered up with political niceties like UKIP. Just because murder and rape are more explicit and immediate violations doesn't make, say, the segregation laws in Murica any less evil.
Quote by ErikLensherr

Quote by lemmyisgod97
If a British woman went to Saudi Arabia how tolerant would they be if she didn't want to wear a hijab ?

If an Arab woman went to Britain how tolerant would they be to her weird looking clothes and the fact that she's most definitely a terrorist?
Quote by ErikLensherr

Meh it's just semantic really. If you think evil just means very bad, then there's nothing wrong with calling them evil (assuming you do think they're really bad).

But people are often pretty cautious about using the term "evil". It just feels quite loaded. But yeah, meh there's not much point getting hung up about whether that term applies precisely.

But on UKIP generally: yeah basically it's pretty similar to the BNP in certain regards I guess. A reactionary party for nationalists who want to blame someone other than themselves.
It's good to see how people have been really attacking them recently though. The whole thing with the German wife being able working here because of the EU is quite funny.
Quote by steve_muse
If an Arab woman went to Britain how tolerant would they be to her weird looking clothes and the fact that she's most definitely a terrorist?

If she's in Britain she shouldn't feel the need to wear a hijab in the first place, it's not in British law and it just shows how inferior women in their culture are raised to feel.
Quote by lemmyisgod97
If she's in Britain she shouldn't feel the need to wear a hijab in the first place, it's not in British law and it just shows how inferior women in their culture are raised to feel.

Again, you're assuming that immigrants must adopt British culture, that 'multiculturalism' is just a silly nuisance and we should all be the same. Have you ever considered that these people, coming to the UK for whatever reason (financial), want to retain some cultural resemblance to their homeland? If you moved to some Eastern place, would you renounce your cultural heritage so swiftly?
Quote by ErikLensherr

Quote by steve_muse
Again, you're assuming that immigrants must adopt British culture, that 'multiculturalism' is just a silly nuisance and we should all be the same. Have you ever considered that these people, coming to the UK for whatever reason (financial), want to retain some cultural resemblance to their homeland? If you moved to some Eastern place, would you renounce your cultural heritage so swiftly?

No, but I wouldn't try to change the place either, if I moved to another country, I adapt to their culture, I do not expect them to adapt to mine.
Quote by lemmyisgod97

Quote by lemmyisgod97
If I moved to another country, I adapt to their culture, I do not expect them to adapt to mine.
So what's your point?
My point is that certain Islamic groups want Britain to change to how they see fit, but people from were they come from wouldn't tolerate someone from Britain doing the same.
So you do think that British women should have to cover themselves when visiting Saudi Arabia?
Quote by psyks
So you do think that British women should have to cover themselves when visiting Saudi Arabia?

No, i'm saying in Saudi Arabia they wouldn't have a choice.
Evil suggests some degree of intelligence and structure, these guys are just knobs. Like, stealing your ice cream for no reason, flicking water in your face, farting in elevators...you know, knobs
I just looked up UKIP and BNP cus I'm bored. BNP seems outright fascist. UKIP seems to have some tortured ideological base that really isn't consistent, but doesn't seem to be nearly as bad. BNP probably borders on evil, but I have to say no to UKIP.
Quote by Basti95
Evil suggests some degree of intelligence and structure, these guys are just knobs. Like, stealing your ice cream for no reason, flicking water in your face, farting in elevators...you know, knobs

depends on how muslim you look
Quote by Basti95

rape involves intelligence huh
Quote by ErikLensherr

Quote by psyks
http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-politics-27176803

"A UKIP candidate has defended tweets in which he said comedian Lenny Henry should emigrate to a "black country" and compared Islam to the Third Reich."

That's obviously out of context, Lenny Henry is constantly in the news moaning about there not being enough black actors on telly, it doesn't justify what the guy tweeted, but Lenny Henry has a stick up his arse just because he can't get any work.
They're morons and anyone who defends them are morons by association. The UK will fall apart without immigration or due to the mass exodus of immigrants following the election of either of these parties. Thinking we can leave Europe and just have the same luxuries is a fantasy. The cost of living will increase massively, you'll need a visa to go to Ireland for gods sake.

The amount of money Europe has given us to help rebuild cities (Liverpool) and for flood relief etc is never reported. Sure there's problems but leaving it will leave us vulnerable and without a say.

Farage is a man who has made a living out of Europe and is now being investigated for expenses fraud. What s ****ing twat.
Quote by Shredwizard445
Go ahead and spend your money, I don't care. It won't make you sound better.

Quote by Shredwizard445
Sure upgrading your gear will make you sound better.

UKIP are vile, Farage is a complete twat who's essentially invented a problem and convinces people they care about it to get votes. Many of them are certainly racist, Farage I'm not sure, but he certainly knows that he's using the public's racism to get the votes he wants. It's depressing how much the scapegoating tactic works. Immigration as a problem is roughly 99% invented, the benefits outweigh the negative effects a hundred times over and the people who vote for UKIP are a mixture of idiots, racists and a combination of the two.

The BNP are just racist. They're an embarrassment to a political system that's already a joke.

Every member of each party should be kicked in the face by a horse a hundred times over.

Quote by lemmyisgod97

People actually believed the trojan horse crap?
Last edited by K33nbl4d3 at Apr 27, 2014,
Quote by lemmyisgod97
That's obviously out of context
From the BBC:

Mr Henwood told BBC political correspondent Ross Hawkins: "I think if black people come to this country and don't like mixing with white people why are they here? If he (Henry) wants a lot of blacks around go and live in a black country."

From the Mirror:
William Henwood, who is standing for election in Enfield, north London, tweeted the comment in response to a call by Henry for greater diversity in the TV industry.
The comedian has suggested a change in the law to boost the low numbers of black people in the sector.
Henwood responded by tweeting: "He [Henry] should emigrate to a black country. He does not have to live with whites."
^Yeah, but to be fair, Lenny Henry thinks black people should be given work on tv by law just because they're black.
Page 1 of 3