is there such a thing ??....... I've played a Music Man electric guitar that had a button to make it sound like a Acoustic guitar and was wanting to know if there is a pedal to do the same thing for a regular electric guitar ??

thanks , Eric
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
hey Robb thanks for the quick reply !! ..... of those two witch one do you like best ??.... I don't have budget limitations
Quote by Fumble fingers
hey Robb thanks for the quick reply !! ..... of those two witch one do you like best ??.... I don't have budget limitations

I have never used any of them, so your guess is as good as mine. I would bet the BOSS is built better than the Mooer though

There are more expensive ones, but I don't know if they would really be any better
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
The Unplugged Acoustic Simulator pedal model in the Digitech iStomp isn't bad, and with the pedal going on sale pretty regularly for $40, and being able to load any of 47 different pedals, it's hard to beat.

Of course you need an iDevice to load it...
“Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.”
Charles Darwin
Quote by Arby911
The Unplugged Acoustic Simulator pedal model in the Digitech iStomp isn't bad, and with the pedal going on sale pretty regularly for $40, and being able to load any of 47 different pedals, it's hard to beat.

Of course you need an iDevice to load it...

that's a good idea
The boss pedal is good.

Also worth noting that several multi effect pedals include an acoustic simulator. If you went that route, the Zoom G3/5 is hard to beat.
Gibson LP Traditional, LP GT, LP Studio, SG Standard x2
Barber Tone Press > EHX Worm >TC Polytune > EXH Glove > EHX East River Drive > Zoom G3 > TC Spark Mini Booster
EVH 5150 III LBXII
Jet City JCA22H
My SoundCloud
I use my zoom G1 for acoustic simulation, I just shove it through my neck pickup on a clean amp
You hit 'em and they get back up
I hit 'em and they stay down
- Frank Castle
I have a boss AC-3. Very disappointing. Sounds nothing like an acoustic, just sounds like a very high presence electric guitar.
Quote by Clay-man
I have a boss AC-3. Very disappointing. Sounds nothing like an acoustic, just sounds like a very high presence electric guitar.

+1 in every pedal ive tried, electric guitars trying to mimic acoustics always sounds wrong.

switching guitars, electric to acoustic, or finding a dedicated acoustic / electric guitar sounds the best.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
Quote by Clay-man

+2 I never liked my AC-3. Sounded like an electric with no mids and a lot of reverb. The best acoustic simulation I've ever herd is from a Variax guitar plugged into a POD HD500. But hat's a $2000 setup haha.
Gibson RD Silverburst w/ Lace Dissonant Aggressors (SOLD)
Electra Omega Prime Ceruse
Fender Franken-Jag Bass

Amps and the like:
Laney VH100R
Seismic Luke 2x12
Dunlop 105Q Wah
Gojira FX 808
Line 6 M9
The acoustic simulator on the Zoom MultiStomp pedals is nicer than the Boss AC-3, IMHO.

I assume it's exactly the same acoustic simulator that's on the other current Zoom multi-fx units.
Squier "VMC" Stratocaster
PRS SE Singlecut
tc electronic polytune
CMAT MODS Signa Drive
Blakemore Effects Deus Ex Machina
DIY gaussmarkov Dr. Boogey
EHX Small Clone
Mooer ShimVerb
DIY Beavis Devolt
T-REX Fuel Tank Chameleon
Ampeg GVT52-112
You could just get a piezo bridge like the EBMMs have. They run usually around $100-150 I think.

As for pedals, I don't think I've come across a pedal I like as an acoustic sim.
I'm always screwing with my rig. Muh chilluns:
Warmoth NRFR strat JB/Jazz
Mesa Boogie Royal Atlantic, Diezel 2x12
Turbo tuner, J Cantrell wah, Alesis 3630
Green Rhino, Wampler Velvet, Strymon ElCap/Lex, Phase 45
Quote by TheStig1214
+2 I never liked my AC-3. Sounded like an electric with no mids and a lot of reverb. The best acoustic simulation I've ever herd is from a Variax guitar plugged into a POD HD500. But hat's a $2000 setup haha.

Sorry for the late reply. I thought this would be nice for anyone who wants an instant acoustic sound live.

I have a Variax and I can confirm that it's probably the best way to make an electric sound like an acoustic.

However, honestly the only thing you need to get a DECENT/NICE acoustic sound is a piezo pickup. Throw the piezo signal into an EQ and EQ to your liking.

By the way, my Variax only cost 500, and lower models can cost as low as 150-200 on ebay if you keep your eye open. The new JTV Variaxes are the ones that cost 1k-4k dollars depending on which models or if they're the US or Korean built ones.

Like I've said though, all you need is a piezo system, you don't need the Variax unless you're picky or want more modeling. It gives it some body and tone but you can compensate piezos alone with an EQ.

Acoustic sim pedals are shit and are the bane of my existence, and you should not get one unless you're insanely desperate for switching to an instant acoustic-esque sound and don't want to mod your guitar.
Last edited by Clay-man at Jun 27, 2014,