Hey UG! This site has been such a huge source of information for me for so long. I though it was time to join and contribute what (very basic) knowledge I have acquired in my ~10 years of playing. I started this thread (1). to show off my new rig. (2). To get some feedback on the best pedal arrangement possible for the equipment I have. And (3). To hear any opinions on what should be in the sixth slot, where the JamMan Express looper is now. That pedal is very noisey even through ns-2, which is something else I'd be happy to hear about from anyone with experience. Below is a pic of my setup. Right now, I have it wired with the straight into the small stone then through the dd-7. I put those both outside the suppression loop because I felt it could hurt the quality. Then inside the ns-2 loop is a super chorus and a bd-2 blues driver. (I will add I've been insanely happy with this Behringer PB600 pedal board/case. Built like a tank and hid all the wires beatifully.) I'm open to trying any and all suggestions. Best part about it is how infinite the arrangements are. Thanks in advance for any ideas! Now off to the forums to kil some people's problems.

try running the ns2 in the x-pattern (assuming your amp has an fx loop), that might cut more noise.

what type(s) of music do you play, what are your amp and guitar? that'll give us some idea of what you might need in that last spot. I'm guessing you're happy with the other pedals apart from the looper, and you don't need to double up on any of them?
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Thanks for the quick response. I knew I forgot something in the original post, which was of course my genre. I tend to play more upbeat melodic stuff. I like the term "sonic landscape" to describe the sound I most highly aim for. I also dabble in everything from post punk to ska so I really like versatile pedals. My favorites are prob the blues driver and the dd-7 and although I do really want another dd-7, this one is brand new and funds are a little while out for that one. That being said I'm looking for something boss sized and about a hundred dollars. All ideas of what u think my board is missing are very welcome. Also I'm using an old peavey bandit 65 for the mean time and I don't believe it has an fx loop =(

Edit: Guitar is an Ibanez sa series. Thanks again
Last edited by Wez4722 at Apr 27, 2014,
I like the way you've got the board arranged. I'm sure most people prefer delay after any type of drive/gain. For the atmospheric sound you're looking for, I really like delay up front. Takes a bit more tweaking and isn't too friendly with higher gain but definitely more space-y in front for low-mid gain.

If you're looking for another delay, check out the TC Electronic Flashback. Recently added one to my setup and really pleased with it. They're pretty cheap on the used market too. You'd probably forget about your DD-7.
Last edited by Guitarmiester at Apr 27, 2014,
I really appreciate the feedback. I love the flashback and will be in the market for one soon. I do have one last question though. Does anybody know if running a sparkly red fender tuner or a standard korg tuner from my guitar before the input on the pedal board, is detrimental to sound quality? They are both fairly high dollar "standard tuners", and I assume the output is on them for a reason.
i would recommend an analog delay instead of another DD-7, i have a malekko 616 and i really like it. if you were to look, you could probably be able to find one for around $100, maybe a tad more used. its fun to get the oscillation in (if thats what you want of course), and, just anything else. at least give one a listen. it would easily fit in a boss foot print, no bigger no smaller really/
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
i don't really play that type of stuff much, but yeah an analogue delay or a reverb might be an idea if you want a pedal which does more-or-less the same thing, while still being a bit different as well.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc
i don't really play that type of stuff much, but yeah an analogue delay or a reverb might be an idea if you want a pedal which does more-or-less the same thing, while still being a bit different as well.

with most delays, you can cut the delay time and alter the mix and get the regeneration set at the right spot, and it is easy and you have a good reverb. not perfect, probably not as good as a reverb pedal, but it would be more functional.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
Yeah I was really thinking a reverb was what went in the last spot. Now with all the backing I will definitely be getting one. What is a feature packed reverb pedal e.g. placed highly on feature list in its category like the dd7 is in delay
Quote by trashedlostfdup
with most delays, you can cut the delay time and alter the mix and get the regeneration set at the right spot, and it is easy and you have a good reverb. not perfect, probably not as good as a reverb pedal, but it would be more functional.

agreed.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?