I've been playing for around ten months a and is personally feel I have progressed well in the time I've been playing correct me if I'm wrong. I can fluently play barre chords and chords. I can fluently play finger style and songs like never goin back again, babe I'm gonna leave you and several others. I can play metal like holy wars by megadeth (minus solos) and power chords. When I freestyle I can do fluent hammer ons and pull offs up and down the fretboard, sometimes I'm a tad messy but for the most part I sound pretty fluent. Sweep picking I can do certain exercises at a medium pace but I'm nowhere near above average on it. I can play the intro to little wing pretty well and castles made of sand by hendrix. Most new songs I can get down pretty quickly. So my question is, is this about where I should be or am I doing well?
Everyone learns at different paces and in different styles. Just keep progressing and don't worry about where other people were at at 10 months.
Check out my band Disturbed
Quote by StewieSwan
Everyone learns at different paces and in different styles. Just keep progressing and don't worry about where other people were at at 10 months.

+2
Join the 7 String Legion!

Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn.

Messiaen is Magical

Official Approval
This message has been approved by:

Mister A.J.
Head of the Department of Redundancy Department
Mister A.J.
Once you get older than 14 you'll stop listening to drivel like metal and realize playing the guitar is silly
That's pretty good progress, although i feel that while it's good to feel proud of yourself, you should always be looking for things to improve. When i had been playing for a few years i though i was great, then i started university and getting guitar lessons and i realised that i knew nothing.
WHOMP

Think of that next time you are not allowed to laugh.
Don't push yourself to move on to harder stuff too quickly
skipping over the basics is the biggest mistake a beginner can make, you have to get the foundations right or you'll never be a well rounded musician
But boys will be boys and girls have those eyes
that'll cut you to ribbons, sometimes
and all you can do is just wait by the moon
and bleed if it's what she says you ought to do