Page 1 of 3
I'm just reminiscing about getting older and how different it feels compared to even 5 years ago.

Last night my friends and I could barely stay away at 1AM after a dinner party followed by some leisurely drinking/toking (aka jrcpepperin' ). By the the time I got home around 2:30 I crashed immediately on the bed.

Not even 2-3 years ago in college, 2:30AM would have been nothing. We'd be getting dinner pt. 2 at IHOP or something. 8AM would have been a reasonable time to sleep.

Getting so fuckin old

What are some comparisons you can draw to highlight your grandpa status?

edit: this is SPECIFICALLY about depressing comparisons regarding aging

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Last edited by Xiaoxi at Apr 28, 2014,
I was trying to remember what it feels like to be happy. Couldn't really remember.
it's all just coming back
it's all coming back

it's all coming back to me
In the last week I've felt happier than I've been in the last year. So no
e-married to Jack (bladez)
I've been feeling extremely tired for the past few weeks (sleep at 2 wake up at noon and I'm still sleepy) but I think that's more due to stress than anything else.

My shoulders/back/legs/joints below the knee hurt occasionally because dancing has aged my body by a lot.

I'm still a happy baby on the inside though
cat
Quote by Baby Joel
I was trying to remember what it feels like to be happy. Couldn't really remember.

But but babby....

Quote by guitarxo

I'm still a happy baby on the inside though

:3

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Yeah I'm starting to feel old now I'm 16, like in 14 years I'm going to 30 then after that I'll be nearly dead.
Quote by Xiaoxi

edit: this is SPECIFICALLY about depressing comparisons regarding aging

Oh. Well, I realised that most of my high school friends live in lots of different countries, I'll probably never see most of them again. Most of my childhood friends I'll never see again. The ones that I have kept in contact with are all changed and I don't even know who they are anymore.

Quote by Xiaoxi
But but babby....

it's all just coming back
it's all coming back

it's all coming back to me
Last edited by Baby Joel at Apr 28, 2014,
Quote by Baby Joel
Oh. Well, I realised that most of my high school friends live in lots of different countries, I'll probably never see most of them again. Most of my childhood friends I'll never see again. The ones that I have kept in contact with are all changed and I don't even know who they are anymore.
You can make new friends. I find that I'm not really at all sentimental about most people from high school. They almost feel like strangers now. Go to some gatherings or local activities.

http://www.meetup.com/

Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
Today you are the youngest you'll ever be.

Think about that.

Pfftt, too optimistic.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Quote by sam b

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
It's 2:30 now and I'm still awake.

edit: Oh yea you're old and asleep right now lol

But I'll be 23 this year and that's kinda weird I guess. Like 21 wasn't too bad, 22 wasn't bad because it's only one after 21, but 23 is 2 after 21 and that's kinda weird I guess.
Quote by Trowzaa
I wish I was American.

~ A Rolling Potato Gathers No Moss ~
Why is aging an issue? I can go without sleep if necessary, but I go to sleep regularly at 22:00, as compared to a few years ago when my sleeping habbits were much more irregular.

With time, and by necessity - age, I gain wisdom to navigate this reality in the best manner to suit my desires.
Quote by lemmyisgod97
Yeah I'm starting to feel old now I'm 16

thanks for helping the process lemmy UGH
Quote by Thrashtastic15
thanks for helping the process lemmy UGH

top lel

(did I do that right?)
Quote by Trowzaa
I wish I was American.

~ A Rolling Potato Gathers No Moss ~
Hairline is receding more.

But that's just my testosterone trying to make more room for my skin.

Quote by Baby Joel

Yeah, this sucks.

I've got friends splattered all over the world.
Last edited by Philip_pepper at Apr 28, 2014,
You're only as old as you feel.
That being said, I feel like a teenager and I'm going to graduate from uni this year. It doesn't help that I have this perception that everyone looks older than me despite them being around the same age.
Quote by Philip_pepper

Yeah, this sucks.

I've got friends splattered all over the world.

Me too but I don't think it's a bad thing. I look forward to meeting people I know when I get enough $ to travel
cat
I don't whine as much about negative shit, so I guess that makes me feel young enough.
Maybe you should try it, TS.
My Soundcloud

My beginner rig:

Epiphone Goth G-400 SG
Line 6 Spider IV (Don't judge me, I was young and stupid)
Stagg SW203N
Yamaha APX500
I'm usually in bed by 10pm Saturday nights I work till 1am and I probably shouldn't drive home given how tired I am after
No man has the right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. It is a shame for a man to grow old without seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable

@gossage91
@overtimefitnessau
in my sophomore year, i pulled 4 all-nighters in a row (with one 2hr nap) and only experienced mild hallucinations. other than that, i was fine.

now i pull a single all nighter and i want to die

edit: ^ how do you even do that?
My dad regularly stays up til 5-6 am and parties hard so I don't see myself slowing down anytime soon.
Quote by Night
wtf is a selfie? is that like, touching yourself or something?
For the last few months, I've worked a lot of 14 hour night shifts. 6PM to 8 AM, 3-4 days a week. On the days off, I could do nothing but sleep and lounge around. I rarely have the drive to pick up the guitar. I have no personal life. Even my best friend, I only talk to once or twice a week.
It was then that I realized I had finally truly reached adulthood, but not even in a happy way, because I don't really have anyone to share my miserable existence with.
I've also become borderline misanthropic.

All of this, is depressing "coming of age" bullshit. But I have a plan to get out of it.
Seattle Seahawks

Quote by chookiecookie
i feel like you have an obsession with aubrey plaza.

Quote by WCPhils
at least we can all agree SGstriker is the woooooooooooooooooooooorst
Quote by SGstriker
For the last few months, I've worked a lot of 14 hour night shifts. 6PM to 8 AM, 3-4 days a week. On the days off, I could do nothing but sleep and lounge around. I rarely have the drive to pick up the guitar. I have no personal life. Even my best friend, I only talk to once or twice a week.
It was then that I realized I had finally truly reached adulthood, but not even in a happy way, because I don't really have anyone to share my miserable existence with.
I've also become borderline misanthropic.

All of this, is depressing "coming of age" bullshit. But I have a plan to get out of it.

if you rub my penis, it will grant you three wishes
I actually give a shit about my health and fitness and stuff, and people are all getting married and whatnot, which is kind of weird/****ing boring. I had my last undergraduate exam Saturday, so I guess that's kind of a big deal, but it feels like it doesn't even matter cause 5-7 more years of school starting in a few months anyway.

I still feel like a 15 year old at heart though. Don't expect that to really ever change.
Quote by progdude93
if you rub my penis, it will grant you three wishes

Sounds legit.
Seattle Seahawks

Quote by chookiecookie
i feel like you have an obsession with aubrey plaza.

Quote by WCPhils
at least we can all agree SGstriker is the woooooooooooooooooooooorst
Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
Today you are the youngest you'll ever be.

Think about that.

Nah, i was younger yesterday. I was EVEN younger ten years ago.

I think youre getting mixed up with the quote:-

"Youll never be as young again as you are today
I've got a bad hip, that's making me feel real old.
Quote by GLP_Arclite
Pooping is well good though, to be fair.

I've got a handle on the fiction.

I'm losing my grip, 'cos I'm losing my fingers.
5 years ago I had a spleen and weighed less, other than that I don't care.

Got a bad ass scar though. It feels like quite a few girls/boys around my age have married themselves off, I felt it was much easier to meet fun people when I was younger. Married people with kids generally aren't fun to be around.
Last edited by stratkat at Apr 28, 2014,
I'm feeling you on the staying up part..

Though I stayed awake (forced) to 3 or 4 am for 2 days, and the 3rd day I was making music and it was "suddenly" 3 am when it felt like 11pm. You could try that sometimes.

The "Re-incarnation of Plato" Award 2009
(most intelligent)
The "Good Samaritan" Award 2009 (most helpful)

[font="Palatino Linotype
Who's Andy Timmons??
Quote by sashki
When I play games online I get my ass kicked by people 6 years younger than me. Feels bad man.

I heard from someone it's said at 19 you're at peak gaming, and at around 24 your reflexes on games drops considerably.
Quote by stratkat
I heard from someone it's said at 19 you're at peak gaming, and at around 24 your reflexes on games drops considerably.

I've heard that too.

I also find it hard to believe that if you see someone whose user name ends with 01, they might actually have been born in 2001.
Ah, that's the reason I'm utter dog doo on counter strike global bullshit then.
Quote by weorge
I'll have finished education this year... that's pretty scary.

That's pretty awesome Weorge!

Weorge haha.
One thing that gets me is realizing that I don't have a single friend IRL anymore and that I'm at the age where it's crazy difficult to make new ones, unless I went back to school (which I can't). And a lot of my online friends are disappearing or we're growing apart with age. It's crazy to think I've been good friends with some of the people in the Anime Thread for nearly 5 years now, but our interest in each other is steadily decreasing, really.

And all of these adult responsibilities are crushing me. I never thought I'd be one of those people whose whole lives revolve around their job, but yet here I am. And I have nothing but hatred for my job too.

So what I'm trying to say is, the more I age the less interest I have in being alive. Which I guess is the whole point of life, so at least I'm on the right track.
Last edited by GuitarGod_92 at Apr 28, 2014,
Page 1 of 3