I've been played guitar for 4years, but quit for one year. Now I want to play guitar again.

I can play 200BPM 8 note downpicking before, and now I am practicing downpicking again, and have process for already 1year.

Here is my question, some times I can play 180BPM 8 note, but some times, I can't even maintain 160, both situation are after my routine 10min warm up. What's the problem, and how can I solve it.
Perhaps a stupid question as you've been playing for a long time, but are you focused on relaxing and not being tense when playing?
Quote by 30044516
I've been played guitar for 4years, but quit for one year. Now I want to play guitar again.

I can play 200BPM 8 note downpicking before, and now I am practicing downpicking again, and have process for already 1year.

Here is my question, some times I can play 180BPM 8 note, but some times, I can't even maintain 160, both situation are after my routine 10min warm up. What's the problem, and how can I solve it.

Some days you'll play faster than others. There's nothing strange about that. The better you get, the easier those speeds will be.

Make sure your hand is relaxed.