so long story short the carvin V3M just wasnt working out in my favor.no matter what i did and what i ran it through it was a muddy fizzy mess. so i ran off to my local shop and tried out a few amps and brought home a new Randall Diavlo 20watt head! ive been in love with all these micro/lunchbox heads.

at first i was skeptical because i always figured that randall is known for solid state. i use to own a rh300 g3 it was fun but it was only a metal amp. when i plugged in, the wall of tasty tones and versatility was a very pleasant surprise! so anyway here is the review, i haven't seen many NAD with the RD series so ill do my best for you guys.

Build quality:
i must say i am quite impressed with the build quality. for being so small the amp has some nice heft to it. it seems like its saying "hey yeah im still here and i rip!" all of the small chickenhead style knobs turn nicely, all the switching is solid, there is no pop between channel switching or when engaging the boost.very nice thick tolex covering metal cab corners and a steel grill over the front of the amp. overall a very well put together amp.

sound quality:
clean: very clean, clear, bell like tones all the way to some over driven tones. the clean and gain channel share the same eq. the only controls for the clean channel are gain and the master volume. i like that. some may not but i do. for only having those controls plus the boost im very surprised at how it sounds. i wont say its fantastic but its better than 6505+ cleans that's for sure.
gain: wow. this thing has so much gain its not even funny! the kicker is its all usable. it does not get muddy or overly fizzy. its a very pleasant gain that ranges from 80's hair to modern metal. since i play both its a huge plus for me. the boost adds a little more gain without making it flubby or fizzy too. its not enough for a solo boost its more of a gain boost. with the boost on i don't even need to use my tube screamer. very nice gain channel. im especially impressed that this is done with a 6v6 power section

Overall:
im quite impressed with this little guy. it seems to be a distant cousin of the 5150 series of amps. nice build quality and exceptional sound for a small price tag around 499. this blows some (not all) of the lower wattage amps in this price range away. ill be hanging on to this guy for a little bit. now PICTURES!!! oh did i mention it glows red?

Live Rig
Michael Kelly Custom Shop Plum Telecaster
Michael Kelly Custom Shop Plum Patriot

EVH 5153 50w
Jet City 2x12
Custom Board

It is NOT trash metal it is tHrash metal...get it right
Sweet !

I still need to try one.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
See, it's important that people clarify when they say "metal", because I pretty much always assume they are a Cannibal Corpse fanboi.
Niiice!

Congratulations man, happy NAD!
Name's Luca.

Quote by OliOsbourne
I don't know anything about this topic, but I just clicked on this thread because of your username :O
Quote by Cajundaddy
Clue: amplifiers amplify so don't turn it on if you need quiet.
Quote by chrismendiola
I guess spambots are now capable of reading minds.
nice
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
thanks guys! if you ever have the chance to try one. please do so. they are fantastic
Live Rig

EVH 5153 50w
Jet City 2x12
Custom Board

I'm to the point that I want to go get one, I've heard so many great things.

HNAD
I'm just a kickin' and a gougin' in the mud and the blood and the beer.
I really like the lighting. It's just a nice touch.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
See, it's important that people clarify when they say "metal", because I pretty much always assume they are a Cannibal Corpse fanboi.
Clip clip clip clip plz. ^^
Ibanez Prestige RG852MPB
Ibanez Prestige RG652KFX
ESP E-II M-1
LTD AW-7
Schecter Loomis NT
EVH 5150 III 50
PRS 212 DB
Line 6 POD HD500X
Deadhorse OD/Boss HM-2
Randall tube amps are good things. Well, look at the RM100 - that's a ball tearer of a tube amp. Where's the Diavlo made? The RM is MIA.

HNAD and welcome to the Randall tube amp club.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
for 20w this thing is loud. it will easily keep up with a drummer. i believe that the rd series is a homerun from randall. i also enjoy the backlighting. it looks great in a darker room or on stage
Live Rig

EVH 5153 50w
Jet City 2x12
Custom Board