Hey all. I'm on my second round of guitar lessons, loving it, struggling with wanting to get it quicker than I actually am. Singing and strumming, while keeping both rhythms, is hard. Any tips? I'm also looking to maybe meet others in the Twin Cities area to hang and play/sing with casually. Also interested in any good, simple open mic nites locally. Music is in my core and I want to do more with it. I'm into a lot of different artists, but especially Sara Bareilles, Dave Barnes, The 1975, Jeremy Passion, Boyce Avenue, just to name a few.
Know how to sing the song well before you learn how to play it.

Teach yourself some easy warm-up songs with typical chord shapes (C, G, D, A, Am, E, Em, F, etc) so that the transitions become natural and instinctive over time; you'll be able to pick up new songs more quickly this way.

Challenge yourself by reappropriating songs that are not generally acoustic (pop songs, rap, etc) and making them fit your style. Style is the next best thing after practice to grow the confidence to perform

also I suggest you never use this site again because it will be interesting but maybe not interesting in the way you initially anticipated
Quote by Arthur Curry
it's official, vintage x metal is the saving grace of this board and/or the antichrist

e-married to
theguitarist
minterman22
tateandlyle
& alaskan_ninja

Quote by vintage x metal
Know how to sing the song well before you learn how to play it.

Teach yourself some easy warm-up songs with typical chord shapes (C, G, D, A, Am, E, Em, F, etc) so that the transitions become natural and instinctive over time; you'll be able to pick up new songs more quickly this way.

Challenge yourself by reappropriating songs that are not generally acoustic (pop songs, rap, etc) and making them fit your style. Style is the next best thing after practice to grow the confidence to perform

also I suggest you never use this site again because it will be interesting but maybe not interesting in the way you initially anticipated

Trying to ruin our fun VXM
You hit 'em and they get back up
I hit 'em and they stay down
- Frank Castle
Hey.

I used to live in Eden Prairie.

Great place.

I miss Minnesota.

Good luck on your endeavours and may God guide you on your quest.
it's all just coming back
it's all coming back

it's all coming back to me
I'd just like to point out that if TS wasn't a girl you guys would be acting like assholes right now.
Quote by lemmyisgod97
I'd just like to point out that if TS wasn't a girl you guys would be acting like assholes right now.

i bet you've already sent her a pm trying to get in her pants

Quote by lemmyisgod97

Absolutely untrue, the banter applies to all genders. The reason we aren't "acting like assholes" is because the first reply was a long, well thought out helpful response so now this is a serious thread.
banned
Yeah, my name is Anthony and I'm in a small band called "After the Burial" and I talked it over with the guys and we'd like to have you audition for our band. shoot me a PM for more deets

best of luck

in Florida currently for the summer
pinga
Quote by Cb4rabid
Yeah, my name is Anthony and I'm in a small band called "After the Burial" and I talked it over with the guys and we'd like to have you audition for our band. shoot me a PM for more deets

best of luck

are you actually or are u troll
Yeah, my name is Antonio and I'm in a big band called "Before the Burial" and I talked it over with the girls and we'd like to not have you audition for our band. Don't shoot me a PM for more deets

best of luck

Quote by MinterMan22
i bet you've already sent her a pm trying to get in her pants

No, I'm not really into crossdressing, I have however sent her a pm inviting her to have a cup of coffee and if everything goes well, eventually a loving relationship that will lead to coitus.
I went to an open mic night in St Boni and it was some guy playing country covers reduced to fewer chords than I thought possible interspersed with dick jokes.
Quote by lemmyisgod97
No, I'm not really into crossdressing, I have however sent her a pm inviting her to have a cup of coffee and if everything goes well, eventually a loving relationship that will lead to coitus.

*tips fedora furiously*