So I think I have Chrometophobia.

Money haunts my mind all the time. I worry about spending it so much so to the point where I will try and avoid spending any money whatsoever. Worst examples are when I am hungry and I don't want to buy food because its expensive.

I also think it is taking away opportunities and things I want to achieve. I want to start skateboarding but after coming to the realization that a setup is expensive I fear the decision of doing it now. I've been wanting to upgrade my PC so it can play up to date games but I can't bring myself to spend the money.

I've had a driving license for almost a full year now and don't want to ever drive because of how expensive it will be. Also having second thoughts about going to Uni because of the debt (common I guess)

I have the money to spend, not having money to spend at this moment isn't the issue, its the thought of not having money in the future which scares the hell out of me.

Anyone else experience the same, pit?
Dance in the moonlight my old friend twilight

Quote by metal4eva_22
What's this about ****ing corpses? My UG senses were tingling.
Get a job.
Roses are red
Violets are blue
Omae wa mou
Shindeiru

Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
I'm occasionally averse to buying food when I'm not hungry because it feels like a waste of money. But if I go shopping while hungry then it's the total opposite.

I actually don't spend a lot but I love shopping for clothes and stuff so I have two main shopping outings every year. One is in June (my birthday and the middle of a 3-month sale) and December (can't wait a whole year to go shopping again). I also go with my mom so she pays for me if it's clothing that she likes too.

Sorry I cannot help you at all I love spending money on myself and other people.
cat
What's the opposite of this called?
Quote by Trowzaa
I wish I was American.

~ A Rolling Potato Gathers No Moss ~
That's a long word for being jewish

Just learn how to manage your money properly, and live well and how you want to without spending the ridiculous amount that shop-front companies want you to. Look around a bit, compare, be innovative with your meals. Rodney Mullen started out on an old kid size street-surf deck in his dads storage barn. Money is no excuse, it's just your mindset holding you back.
You gots ta spend money 2 make money

Put some money into a mutual fund. Your money is slowly withering away if you just horde it.

Also there is good and bad debt. You need a bit of debt to build up credit to enable you to apply for mortgages, cars, etc.

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
i spend infrequently (barring regular and necessary costs) and think really carefully about whether i really want/need the stuff i buy. but when i do spend, i try not to be such a penny pincher.
Quote by archerygenious
Jesus Christ since when is the Pit a ****ing courtroom...

Like melodic, black, death, symphonic, and/or avant-garde metal? Want to collaborate? Message me!
Hmm, it sounds like a healthy trait in general. But you're probably around 20 or so from reading the thread, this is not the time to save up. You gotta party and have the time of your life man. Great money management is something you can worry about later; the amounts you have now is nothing compared to what you'll be dealing with later in life and living in the 1st world - it really doesn't matter if you blow whatever you have.
I don't understand the point of having money if you won't touch it at all. That and you're literally letting it run your life. Assuming you have a job, just take some amount out of your paycheck every time you get it and have it as money you can spend (and for christ's sake spend it at least once), and if you want, save the rest of it.
Quote by fanapathy
Hmm, it sounds like a healthy trait in general. But you're probably around 20 or so from reading the thread, this is not the time to save up. You gotta party and have the time of your life man. Great money management is something you can worry about later; the amounts you have now is nothing compared to what you'll be dealing with later in life and living in the 1st world - it really doesn't matter if you blow whatever you have.

you're technically correct, but it's probably much easier to maintain reasonable habits throughout your life than worrying about it "later." if you're used to blowing your money on frivolous things, saving money (which you will have to do later) may not come as easily. and when is "later?"
Quote by archerygenious

Like melodic, black, death, symphonic, and/or avant-garde metal? Want to collaborate? Message me!
Quote by eGraham
What's the opposite of this called?

+1
___

Quote by The_Blode
she was saying things like... do you want to netflix and chill but just the chill part...too bad she'll never know that I only like the Netflix part...
I spend a lot of money while also hoarding much more than I spend.

I hate to spend for the same reasons. I need a car, New pc, food. But I want that safe money just in case.

But I also need booze. So I'm just gonna keep spending.
ayy lmao
Quote by vIsIbleNoIsE
you're technically correct, but it's probably much easier to maintain reasonable habits throughout your life than worrying about it "later." if you're used to blowing your money on frivolous things, saving money (which you will have to do later) may not come as easily. and when is "later?"

Yes, this is a good point. Someone who spends their early adult life living from paycheck to paycheck and buying whatever random things without thinking, is likely to continue doing this and have a harder time learning how to manage money in a more sensible way. But I don't think TS is like this and more intelligent than that in the first place. I am more concerned that someone would live their youth in a very conserved manner, saving long-term meaningless amounts of money and not have much fun or a good social life because of it. I remember being used to hearing this sort of stuff from "old people" all the time when I was around 19 myself, and it takes quite a few years before you gradually start to realize what they really mean.
By later I mean when he's got a good education or landed a solid job/way of income, then worry about wealth from there.
I kind of agree that in ways my saving habits will benefit me when I am much older and in a position where I need to save... But i've also been told the same as fanapathy about enjoying spending money while you can etc. My brother is a really big advocate of it.

I am aware i've just gotta take a dive into trying, i've been doing this for too long and I want to achieve something more than the pleasure of feeling secure knowing there is a big number in the bank.
Dance in the moonlight my old friend twilight

Quote by metal4eva_22
What's this about ****ing corpses? My UG senses were tingling.
i wish i could care more about money, once i have enough i have no desire to get more. i have no desire to waste it on pointless shit either
You should be frugal, but not unafraid to spend money. I generally don't spend money on shit I can make myself and instead just buy the things I need in order to make it.

When my housemates and I go shopping the first thing I do is look at Price/Weight of whatever we're buying and then compare that rate between several brands. Another thing is to buy in bulk to get a better average price. Apply this for whatever you need to buy, its pretty much a rule.

That's why I always buy alcohol in 1.75L, it gives up to a 50% discount on the extra 0.75L, compared to buying two 1L.

Also, just eat at home before going out to do stuff, the cost of preparation is the main overhead cost when eating at a restaurant. You can easily make whatever they make you for less than half the price at home. It also makes you a better cook and can be really fun.
Last edited by Life Is Brutal at Apr 28, 2014,
I don't understand it at all. I'm a compulsive spender and don't regret purchases.

Really if everyone had this phobia money would be worthless.
Most of you sound boring with money, and some ***** of the opposite sex (or same, I can't judge) will take it all eventually anyway.
Last edited by stratkat at Apr 28, 2014,
You need to get into the habit of setting aside a certain amount that you will force yourself to spend. Even if its like 30 bucks, go to the bar, or a movie or whatever, tell yourself money isn't an issue then spend every last penny of that. Then work up to bigger amounts or sumthin
I do budget a bit, but lol I don't care about spending money #yolo #krome #liveyoung #young #nofilter #budgeting
it sounds like your problem isn't a "phobia" of spending money, but just simple anxiety. we live in a time where it can be pretty tough to make a living. it's perfectly natural, as you become closer to being an adult, to start being actually anxious about your future, because it seems much less far away. you're just stressed out, and spending money stresses you out more.

maybe talk to a therapist or channel this stress into motivation to succeed
Food and rent comes first. As long as i have enough for that idgaf how much money i have or how much i spend.
Sail upon the open skies
Quote by Ssargentslayer
You need to get into the habit of setting aside a certain amount that you will force yourself to spend. Even if its like 30 bucks, go to the bar, or a movie or whatever, tell yourself money isn't an issue then spend every last penny of that. Then work up to bigger amounts or sumthin

i hope you're joking

i mean you don't always have to spend money when doing things
Quote by archerygenious

Last edited by vIsIbleNoIsE at Apr 28, 2014,
this is me. I'm extremely frugal. I buy almost everything off of ebay or Amazon, cause i'm a cheap ass and I know most things you buy for $20 are actually worth $5-10. I'm not scared of spending money though, cause I have a job lol.

OP, get money fuk bitches.
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
There shall be a stop to this madness. The battle is not over. My tasty licks aren't going anywhere.

Quote by The_Blode
^ I've just realised if you say Simple Plan's 2011 effort "Get Your Heart On!" really fast in a Southern American accent, it sounds gross. . .like sexual gross!

Quote by Necroheadbanger
Hello.
I'm looking for professional bongo-ists and triangle-ists to make a Progressive Technical Brutal Death Metal band
(will be called AxOxJxLxAxIxVxXxUxWxZxQxUxRxWxGxJxSxAxLxKxMxNxHxUxGxAxAxWxVxCxBxZxVx)
(Don't even ask what it means)

https://soundcloud.com/95dank