I'm in the process of looking for a new guitar. Something with decent build quality, Hard Tail or classic style trem (No Floaters). £500-£700 ish is preferable. Branded pickups SD's or DiMarzio would be a plus.

The pro DK2QHT would be a good fit and available less than £600. Anyone used these, would be the 2013 model which I believe may be MIM.

Also what's the Difference between the 2014 rrt -3 pro and the 2014 rrt-5 pro. Spec lists look identical £40 difference in price between the two. I wasn't looking for a v but...

Any other ideas?
look for one of the japanese made professional series used there great. check ebay and that sort of thing.
MIJ Rhoads Pro '90
Epi LP Prophecy GX + LP Custom Maple EMGs
MIJ Soloist XL '93 =]
MIJ Fender Strat Kahler
Squire tele '94?
Warlock platinum '90? old shape

Laney VC15

Jackhammer
TRADES????
I have been looking but it isnt very good at present on ebay mainly because i want a hard tail and it seems 99% of jacksons are trem versions.

Considering these made in mexico guitars seem pretty well equipped, well priced and have been for sale for over a year they don't appear to have sold too many.

Quite a few guitar shops in the uk have them as an order option rather than keeping them in stock and there aren't any reviews for the DK2QHT I realise that it will be the same as other colours but curious how few seem to be out there. As far as the internet is concerned i can find one person playing a DK2QHT in a band called city in the sea on youtube. Other than them and one buy it now american ebay listing there's just stock photos. Perhaps i should be ringing around and seeing if somebody will do me a deal.
fair doos id defo say go used the dk2s are good theres a hardtail soloist also
MIJ Rhoads Pro '90
Epi LP Prophecy GX + LP Custom Maple EMGs
MIJ Soloist XL '93 =]
MIJ Fender Strat Kahler
Squire tele '94?
Warlock platinum '90? old shape

Laney VC15

Jackhammer
TRADES????
Yeah, there are a lot of Jackson fans who prefer hardtails and get annoyed at the fact that most of their models have Floyds. The newer models seem to be offering more choice than they used to, though.

I haven't played any of the 'new' Pro series, but I've heard good things about the Mexican dinkies. I would be interested in getting one, I can't resist a maple fretboard on a Jackson! They seem to be priced pretty well against the competition. Their main problem though, is that they're more expensive than the old Japanese ones were and you can pick up a used Japanese one for half the price of the new models - or even less.

The RRT-3 and RRT-5 have two major differences that I know of. The RRT-3 is rear-loaded, the RRT-5 has a pickguard. And of course the different finish. It wouldn't surprise me at all if they charged a little extra to do the pinstripes on the RRT-3. I'll be very interested to see where they're made. The neckthrough pro models have been from Indonesia up until now, but folks at Jackson have said that they're not satisfied with the Indonesian factory's quality control and that they're planning on moving production to Mexico. I'd think that if they're doing that, it would make sense that a brand new model would be one of the first neckthroughs to show up out of the Mexican factory.
if you're lucky you can still sometimes find MIJ jacksons new old stock. What condition they're in, of course, , but, just as an example: http://shop.absolute-guitars.co.uk/jackson-rr5-guitar---rhoads-transparent-blue-b-stock-247-p.asp (it didn't used to have that ding I've been linking to that one for a while I should add I've never bought anything from that shop so I dunno what it's like)
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?