Ok this is kind of a hypothetical question since I doubt I'll be able to afford what is necessary to make this happen, but I will go on:

I have an electronic drum kit, and I will soon be getting an amplifier set up for it. I also have a guitar, and an amp for it (duh).

I want to know if there is a way to make my bedroom (pretty small), sound like a live show. I'm talking amp placement (for the guitar AND drums). My current idea is to get a Simmons DA200S amp for the drums, but I'm thinking about it and I'm wondering if I should get maybe a 3-way speaker system for the drums to run through? I'd stick the speakers that handle the mids and high frequencies on the corners of the room on the wall, and stick a subwoofer in one of the corners, and put my guitar amp in the center of the two drum speakers.

Would something like this make it sound big as hell? Or would it be no different than just having a single amp for the drums? Brainstorming here guys...
get a good small PA with at least 1x12 speaker cabs. plug the drums and mic the guitar amp through it.

This is not exactly cheap though, what is your budget?
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Quote by Robbgnarly
get a good small PA with at least 1x12 speaker cabs. plug the drums and mic the guitar amp through it.

This is not exactly cheap though, what is your budget?

well the drum amp I am thinking about is 320$, so I'd do like 450$ for the drum set up if it's worth it.

Will a PA speaker sound as good as an amp with 2 tweeters, 2 mids, and a sub? Because the DA200S has all that so I'm thinking that it sounds better than a PA Speaker with only two different speakers. (unless there are 5-ways that I don't know about)
With your budget, get a decent amp for the kit and be done with it. Your only in a bedroom after all.
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Quote by Robbgnarly
With your budget, get a decent amp for the kit and be done with it. Your only in a bedroom after all.

yeah like I said this is just an idea. I like to think big. If I wasn't so tight with money right now I'd most likely go all out with it.
Quote by KillerPhail
yeah like I said this is just an idea. I like to think big. If I wasn't so tight with money right now I'd most likely go all out with it.

Well if you could get a decent small PA that would be best because it is something you can use while jamming, band practice and even some house party shows (I was a kid once )

It will be way easier to get a band together when you have equipment to do so.
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Quote by KillerPhail
I imagine that is your reaction to my price range hahaha
Nah, man. Have you seen the size of the speaker stacks and amps at a big gig? The whole idea that you can emulate that in a bedroom is loony tunes. Think about it, you stick an actual recording of a big gig in a good hifi - does it come close to the concert experience? Of course not and it's absurd to expect that it would. That stadium sound comes from moving crazy amounts of air with gargantuan equipment, there isn't that much air in the entire bedroom.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Quote by Cathbard
Nah, man. Have you seen the size of the speaker stacks and amps at a big gig? The whole idea that you can emulate that in a bedroom is loony tunes. Think about it, you stick an actual recording of a big gig in a good hifi - does it come close to the concert experience? Of course not and it's absurd to expect that it would. That stadium sound comes from moving crazy amounts of air with gargantuan equipment, there isn't that much air in the entire bedroom.

Yeah I understand. Just wondering if I could make it sound like sound is coming from all around you rather than from two sources ya know.
But it doesn't come at you from all around at a big gig, it comes from two huge speaker stacks.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Quote by Cathbard
But it doesn't come at you from all around at a big gig, it comes from two huge speaker stacks.

Then maybe I'm a revolutionary.
Or delusional.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
You've never heard of interference patterns have you?
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Quote by Cathbard
You've never heard of interference patterns have you?

Is that another term for phasing?
speaker arrays.

just one of these in each corner of the room

punk isn't dead, it's always smelled that way.

"A perfection of means, and confusion of aims, seems to be our main problem."
-ae
Stadiums are outdoors, the best place to start is to start ripping your roof and wall out.
Quote by joshua garcia
I was incredibly drunk and only really remember writing a fanfic where ESP was getting porked by a pony.

Quote by guitar0player
I'd honestly fap to anything with a set of genitals as long as I find it aesthetically appealing.
I guess I don't mean stadium, I mean surround sound, or like sound is engulfing you. No identifiable source.
Quote by KillerPhail
Is that another term for phasing?
It's related.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Maybe headphones?
just a full tilt drum kit in a typical bedroom should create enough room modes and standing waves off the walls to choke a horse. Add a bunch of PA stuff in a tiny space and everything turns to mush. It's a physics thing.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Room_modes

There is a reason stadium concerts sound huge and it's not just the speakers.
"Your sound is in your hands as much as anything. It's the way you pick, and the way you hold the guitar, more than it is the amp or the guitar you use." -- Stevie Ray Vaughan

"Anybody can play. The note is only 20 percent. The attitude of the motherfucker who plays it is 80 percent." -- Miles Davis

Guthrie on tone: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zmohdG9lLqY
^ it is an electric drum kit
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Buy a real drum kit.
Quote by Cathbard
Quote by Raijouta
Unless its electronic drums.

BURN THE WITCH!!!!!
Quote by Robbgnarly
^ it is an electric drum kit

Definitely headphones then.
"Your sound is in your hands as much as anything. It's the way you pick, and the way you hold the guitar, more than it is the amp or the guitar you use." -- Stevie Ray Vaughan

"Anybody can play. The note is only 20 percent. The attitude of the motherfucker who plays it is 80 percent." -- Miles Davis

Guthrie on tone: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zmohdG9lLqY
I love this guy's attitude. Keep your head up, man!

I don't think you'll be able to do anything huge, but I think headphones would be a good idea. I've had luck running my guitar into a line 6 pod and using headphones and getting fairly "big" sounds. Switch over to some computer monitors and it loses it. But having all the frequencies coming right at my ears it sounds "huge"
Originally posted by primusfan
When you crank up the gain to 10 and switch to the lead channel, it actually sounds like you are unjustifiably bombing an innocent foreign land.

╠═══════╬═══════╣
τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ
╠═══════╬═══════╣
Quote by ibanezguitars44
I love this guy's attitude. Keep your head up, man!

I don't think you'll be able to do anything huge, but I think headphones would be a good idea. I've had luck running my guitar into a line 6 pod and using headphones and getting fairly "big" sounds. Switch over to some computer monitors and it loses it. But having all the frequencies coming right at my ears it sounds "huge"

This idea is for jamming purposes lol I already have some headphones.

But I think cathboard is onto something about the phasing. It would probably cause issues. I'm just gonna get the amp I was looking at **** it.
i would say get yourself a small mixer setup and output to surround sound studio or good quality surround sound speakers mounted in your room ON TOP OF at least a 1x12 guitar amp setup (i assume you eitehr rig a red box or direct out from the amp or mic the amp into the mixer).

in a lower volume bedroom setting, a direct out would be ideal because at low volumes you have less sound hitting that mic in front of your amp. your speaker really isnt pushing at really low volumes. not the same tone.

but yeah that would be my plan for an ultimate "sudio-ish" bedroom tone.
Carvin CT624
Walden G630ce Acoustic
Carvin V3M, Avatar 2x12 WGS Reaper, vet 30
(crybaby, Fairfield circuitry Comp, GFS tuner, Vick Audio 73 Ram's Head, Xotic AC booster, lovepedal trem, TC Flashback, PGS Trinity Reverb, Walrus Audio Aetos power)