Hi all =)

I'm just wondering, are there guitars out there that are similar to a PRS, the SE 22 type. I've always wanted to eventually own one in the future but I currently live in London and the only PRS I've seen around here are mainly the high end ones(over a thousand pounds).

To narrow it down, I'll list what I'm looking for:-
-HH guitar, nice smooth tone
-22 frets ideally
-similar shape with good high fret access(the prs neck joins the body at the 21st fret)
-a trem bridge

Thanks!
http://www.thomann.de/gb/search.html?gf=st_models&bf=prs&oa=pra

They don't make the SE custom 22 anymore, but the SE CU24 is a nice guitar. You can get the Cu22, but you'll have to go used.

You can check www.andertons.com and guitarguitar both are located in the UK
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Quote by Arron_Zacx
Hi all =)

I'm just wondering, are there guitars out there that are similar to a PRS, the SE 22 type. I've always wanted to eventually own one in the future but I currently live in London and the only PRS I've seen around here are mainly the high end ones(over a thousand pounds).

To narrow it down, I'll list what I'm looking for:-
-HH guitar, nice smooth tone
-22 frets ideally
-similar shape with good high fret access(the prs neck joins the body at the 21st fret)
-a trem bridge

Thanks!

Dude... if you want something similar to the PRS, you should check out the Fame Forum guitar... you can check them out in www.musicstore.com
Gear:
MXR Super Badass -->
BOSS SD WAZA -->
FENDER CD 140 SCE -->
MXR M300 REVERB -->
TC ELECTRONIC FLASHBACK
ESP EC 401 VF TSB -->
BOSS KATANA HEAD 100 WATT -->
MILF Tease
Don't think I've ever heard someone from the capital city of England complain that there aren't enough guitars...
Gear:

Gibson 2005 Les Paul Standard
Fender Road Worn Strat w/ Noiseless pickups
Marshall JCM 2000 401C
Marshall Vintage Modern 2266
Marshall 1960A cab (Dave Hill from Slade's old cab)
Ibanez TS9DX
EHX Little Big Muff
Freshman Acoustic
Quote by ProphetToJables
Don't think I've ever heard someone from the capital city of England complain that there aren't enough guitars...
Yeah WTH?
Also, 30min on a train from Waterloo is GuitarGuitar in Epsom and that's mahoosive
ZEN JUDDHISM
The new solo project, and spiritual philosophy... Album out now !
----------------------------------------------------------
hybrid 6.0
Debut album 'Silent Destruction' out now
Read the Two Guys Metal review here
Not sure if Denmark Street cater to a budget line but there's got to be loads of stores in London.
Gear:

Gibson 2005 Les Paul Standard
Fender Road Worn Strat w/ Noiseless pickups
Marshall JCM 2000 401C
Marshall Vintage Modern 2266
Marshall 1960A cab (Dave Hill from Slade's old cab)
Ibanez TS9DX
EHX Little Big Muff
Freshman Acoustic
Quote by NHECOS
Dude... if you want something similar to the PRS, you should check out the Fame Forum guitar... you can check them out in www.musicstore.com

I checked out Fame guitars and I must say they have to be rebranded (like their amps are) or custom made by PRS, they look so similar, No wait, EXACTLY like PRS. Hell, the Fame category even shows one PRS, Tremonti 10 model, for some reason. *edit* Apparently they are not. Fame guitars are made in Poland where PRS guitars are not AFAIK.

Usually I dont take some music store inhouse brands too seriously but this one has all kinds of guitars priced from low midrange to other side of 1000€. Interesting.

ESP LTD F-50 + Tonezone
Cort EVL-Z4 + X2N
Cort EVL-K47B

Marshall Valvestate 8100
Randall RG1503
Bugera 333
Peavey Rockmaster preamp

Line6 Pod X3
Last edited by MaaZeus at Apr 29, 2014,
Thanks for all the reply.

Quote by The Judist
Yeah WTH?
Also, 30min on a train from Waterloo is GuitarGuitar in Epsom and that's mahoosive

Not complaining about not enough guitars, just not the specific one I'm looking for at affordable price. I've yet to see a PRS 22 under 900/1000. While I'm not completely opposed to 24, I just prefer the 22 better
Quote by Arron_Zacx
Thanks for all the reply.

Not complaining about not enough guitars, just not the specific one I'm looking for at affordable price. I've yet to see a PRS 22 under 900/1000. While I'm not completely opposed to 24, I just prefer the 22 better

Well you have not been looking that hard or your looking at the PRS CE22 which is more expensive and a USA made PRS while the SE is MIK

The differences between a 24 and a 22 fret is the neck pickup position.
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Last edited by Robbgnarly at Apr 29, 2014,
www.carvin.com.

they may or may not ship to the UK. not sure. but the CT series are PRS clones.
Carvin CT624
Walden G630ce Acoustic
Carvin V3M, Avatar 2x12 WGS Reaper, vet 30
(crybaby, Fairfield circuitry Comp, GFS tuner, Vick Audio 73 Ram's Head, Xotic AC booster, lovepedal trem, TC Flashback, PGS Trinity Reverb, Walrus Audio Aetos power)
Carvin does ship to the UK, but I hear that the import costs, etc. basically nullify much of the bang for the buck Carvin usually means.
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
those fames look interesting, but I haven't tried them. musicstore isn't my favourite online shop, let's leave it at that

if you're wiling to go used, pre-~2000 patrick eggles are pretty nice. not clones but in the same vein and really nice guitars (pickups are mediocre on some models, but other than that).
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?