I hate the fact that this is even issue. If two people love each other, then let them love each other. It doesn't hurt you (Not you, OP :P) in any way shape or form. I understand people were raised to believe different things, but damn. It just seems like common sense to me.
Quote by Hardlycore
I hate the fact that this is even issue. If two people love each other, then let them love each other. It doesn't hurt you (Not you, OP :P) in any way shape or form.

Nobody is stopping them from loving each other. It's just for some reason they want to get married; which I find it a kind of stupid idea in and of itself.

I don't get why they can't be content with just being together. Why in the hell does a legal document saying they're married matter so much?
Quote by Phazon
Nobody is stopping them from loving each other. It's just for some reason they want to get married; which I find it a kind of stupid idea in and of itself.

I don't get why they can't be content with just being together. Why in the hell does a legal document saying they're married matter so much?

because there are lots of legal benefits to getting married and maybe gay people want to enjoy these benefits too because their marriage is no different from any other marriage
banned
^that and the fact that they are simply being discriminated on an aspect about themselves they can't control (see: black people in America up until ~70's)

Even if marriage had no benefits, it's still an act of discrimination going against the US Constitution.
It still baffles me that people are so content allowing their own government to restrict the rights of others. The government isn't a weapon for one section of its citizenry to wield against another, and it damn sure does not exist to "uphold family values".

Quote by Skullivan
Pretty neat. Glad to see southern white people who aren't homophobic.

Asheville is the most liberal part of NC... it's a truly awful place.
This ends now, eat the goddamn beans!
How about we just separate government and marriage and watch all these problems go away. A lot of our problems stem from people initiating the force of government against another citizen rather than simply disagreeing. Fragmenting institutions like marriage into disparate sanctioning bodies like churches and secular organizations is an idea that is maligned for no apparent reason. Marriage should allow no benefit or detriment beyond its own symbolism.
Best comment:

Confussed-1578043 commented
I'm curious does he also support those that want to marry their farm animals?

Try answering that, you gay-loving goat bangers.
██████████████████████████
████████████████████████
█████████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████

LET'S GO BUCKS
Quote by Phazon

"hey gays yeah isn't it cool yeah of course you love each other just like i love my wife. you get married? well obviously your relationship isn't actually the same as straight ones haha why the **** would we let you get married can't you just be content having whatever i decide you should be okay with?"
Last edited by willT08 at Apr 29, 2014,
Quote by willT08
"hey gays yeah isn't it cool yeah of course you love each other just like i love my wife. you get married? well obviously you're relationship isn't actually the same as straight ones haha why the **** would we let you get married can't you just be content having whatever i decide you should be okay with?"

Sometimes I really love you
Let's get married bb
My Soundcloud

My beginner rig:

Epiphone Goth G-400 SG
Line 6 Spider IV (Don't judge me, I was young and stupid)
Stagg SW203N
Yamaha APX500
Quote by Phazon

If you ever plan on getting/are married, then you are incredibly hypocritical. Straight couples are no different than gay couples, besides the huge segregated homophobic wall the lovely government put up between them.

I know what you mean about why a legal document matters that much, but it's the fact that same sex couples don't have that right simply because they're gay. Idk if I ever wanna get married, but it's a lot of people's goal to get married in their lifetime.
Don't all the laws stopping gay marriages violate some anti-discrimination laws? In front of the law everyone should be equal.
Quote by Carmel
I can't believe you are whoring yourself out like that.

ಠ_ಠ
Quote by AeroRocker
Best comment:

Try answering that, you gay-loving goat bangers.

Not sure if you're trolling or not but since other people actually think that way, I'll answer it. I've got to warn you though. This information is so revolutionary and mind boggling that it may cause damage to an unprepared mind.

Farm animals can't sign legal contracts.
This is why there should be a COMPLETE separation of church and state. Christian churches shouldn't be forced to house gay weddings and the like, but they also shouldn't be allowed to try and coin marriage as something that they created.
¯\_(ใƒ„)_/¯
Quote by CaptainCanti
This is why there should be a COMPLETE separation of church and state.

Yes, but this doesn't really have anything to do with religion. There are a lot of rights, benefits, and responsibilities that come with being married (in the legal sense), and the government is going to be involved. The problem is that people are allowing the government to decide who it is recognizing as "married", despite all of the participants being eligible. You tell the government what you're doing, not the other way around.

Quote by CaptainCanti
Christian churches shouldn't be forced to house gay weddings and the like, but they also shouldn't be allowed to try and coin marriage as something that they created.

No Christian churches are force to host gay weddings, and churches can claim whatever they want. There is a clear, practical distinction between a Christian marriage (a bond between two people and God) and a legal marriage (civil union, I guess it's called).

Quote by Rossenrot
How about we just separate government and marriage and watch all these problems go away. A lot of our problems stem from people initiating the force of government against another citizen rather than simply disagreeing. Fragmenting institutions like marriage into disparate sanctioning bodies like churches and secular organizations is an idea that is maligned for no apparent reason. Marriage should allow no benefit or detriment beyond its own symbolism.

I agree, but as it stands right now, government benefits are involved, and people may one day realize that, but until then, the government should not decide who it does and doesn't recognize, as long as the participants are otherwise eligible.
Last edited by Skynyrd890 at Apr 29, 2014,
lol libertarians

let the dream of anarchy die dude, grow up. you're no better than an edgy 16 year old.
banned
Quote by CaptainCanti
This is why there should be a COMPLETE separation of church and state. Christian churches shouldn't be forced to house gay weddings and the like, but they also shouldn't be allowed to try and coin marriage as something that they created.

Christians didn't create marriage, the bible teaches that God did when He created the world. If a same-sex couple were to ask a church to marry them, a strong bible believing Christian pastor should politely decline because it is not the way God designed marriage. On the point of separation of state and church, I agree. I find it absurd that pastors are having their marriage licenses taken away and even serving jail time for declining to marry same sex couples. I just met a UK pastor who has prepared his family for such en event. I have nothing against a civil union of whatever it is called, even if it comes with all the legal benefits of marriage - just please don't call it a marriage. I just find it curious that people would ask knowing the church's stance on such topics - providing said church is holding to what the bible teaches.
Last edited by UnmagicMushroom at Apr 29, 2014,
Quote by UnmagicMushroom
# I just find it curious that people would ask knowing the church's stance on such topics - providing said church is holding to what the bible teaches.

i love it

"these gay do know who they're talking to ffs?" ahaha
what a gay thread.
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
There shall be a stop to this madness. The battle is not over. My tasty licks aren't going anywhere.

Quote by The_Blode
^ I've just realised if you say Simple Plan's 2011 effort "Get Your Heart On!" really fast in a Southern American accent, it sounds gross. . .like sexual gross!

Quote by Necroheadbanger
Hello.
I'm looking for professional bongo-ists and triangle-ists to make a Progressive Technical Brutal Death Metal band
(will be called AxOxJxLxAxIxVxXxUxWxZxQxUxRxWxGxJxSxAxLxKxMxNxHxUxGxAxAxWxVxCxBxZxVx)
(Don't even ask what it means)

https://soundcloud.com/95dank

Quote by UnmagicMushroom
Christians didn't create marriage, the bible teaches that God did when He created the world. If a same-sex couple were to ask a church to marry them, a strong bible believing Christian pastor should politely decline because it is not the way God designed marriage. On the point of separation of state and church, I agree. I find it absurd that pastors are having their marriage licenses taken away and even serving jail time for declining to marry same sex couples. I just met a UK pastor who has prepared his family for such en event. I have nothing against a civil union of whatever it is called, even if it comes with all the legal benefits of marriage - just please don't call it a marriage. I just find it curious that people would ask knowing the church's stance on such topics - providing said church is holding to what the bible teaches.

Who are you to say that god created marriage? Thousands of years ago, marriage existed in places that didn't even know what Christianity was. And these civil unions wouldn't have the same benefits that a marriage would have.

Saying that you don't want gay people to get married, but you're okay with gay people getting civil unions is like saying "Well you can sit here, but you can't sit here."
¯\_(ใƒ„)_/¯
Quote by deadsmileyface
lol libertarians

let the dream of anarchy die dude, grow up. you're no better than an edgy 16 year old.

Who said anything about anarchy?

And can you seriously not even hold a conversation with a person who wants the same thing as you, without being a complete piece of shit?
Quote by UnmagicMushroom

God didn't invent marriage. Humans did.
Quote by Skynyrd890

And can you seriously not even hold a conversation with a person who wants the same thing as you, without being a complete piece of shit?

nope
banned
Quote by macashmack

/thread
¯\_(ใƒ„)_/¯
Quote by deadsmileyface
lol libertarians

Well done. That straw man never stood a chance.
Quote by macashmack

And the original definition was?
Glad to know your prostate is good to go.

Also im glad not everyone is a complete bigoted psychopath.
Most of the important things

in the world have been accomplished

by people who have kept on

trying when there seemed to be no hope at all
Quote by Wormholes

Definitions change. Appealing to history is *******.
Quote by Wormholes

Who gives a rat's ass. Words have no inherent definition, they mean what we say they mean.
Quote by Nelshizzle
Glad to know your prostate is good to go.

Also im glad not everyone is a complete bigoted psychopath.

Me too. I was worried.
I'm just a run of the mill psychopath. I loathe everybody equally.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
You should be careful what you say. Some asshole will probably sig it.

Quote by Axelfox
Yup, a girl went up to me in my fursuit one time.

Quote by Xiaoxi
I can fap to this. Keep going.