sounds pretty dark. kinda reminds me of power metal with the guitar harmonies. id listen to it some more if it wasnt for that breakdown, single chord chug. theyre all the same to me
cheers i think? haha. You're right it is a single chord chug but its 7/8, 7/8, 9/8 so i dont know if its just a regular one. I'm an old school guy but i dont mind breakdowns, used correctly they can be very effective, used all the time they can be very boring, no different to using blasts or solos constantly throughout a song. If a breakdown stops you from listening to a song or a band then that's a bit of a shame and you're probably missing out on some good music!
Bro nice riffin'! Love it...I'd like to hear more of your stuff. What's your tuning? You have a band?
Quote by drew249
cheers i think? haha. You're right it is a single chord chug but its 7/8, 7/8, 9/8 so i dont know if its just a regular one. I'm an old school guy but i dont mind breakdowns, used correctly they can be very effective, used all the time they can be very boring, no different to using blasts or solos constantly throughout a song. If a breakdown stops you from listening to a song or a band then that's a bit of a shame and you're probably missing out on some good music!

to clarify i thought it was enjoyable, the tone was sick, that tapping part was nice, the harmonies are nice, i just don't like the breakdown. Not that you think I was trying to bash you or something. I see what you mean by the breakdowns, but you have to get where I'm coming from. My local music scene consists entirely of (insert word)-core, and maybe pop punk bands. I've seen SO many bands that have an identical sounding chug-breakdown in every other song. I don't think the mainstream -core bands are much different. But hey if you guys pull it off, props to ya
Quote by Jabez'Prayer
Bro nice riffin'! Love it...I'd like to hear more of your stuff. What's your tuning? You have a band?

cheers Mate I'm in a few bands at the moment! (there's limited amounts of musicians into heavy music in my city)

Prescient:

http://youtu.be/J5T8Gyfb4_I

Reflections of ruin:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uty6T2rRCGY

tunings i mostly stick to drop E on the 8th and drop A on the 7th so EAEADGBE
Quote by goochlord
to clarify i thought it was enjoyable, the tone was sick, that tapping part was nice, the harmonies are nice, i just don't like the breakdown. Not that you think I was trying to bash you or something. I see what you mean by the breakdowns, but you have to get where I'm coming from. My local music scene consists entirely of (insert word)-core, and maybe pop punk bands. I've seen SO many bands that have an identical sounding chug-breakdown in every other song. I don't think the mainstream -core bands are much different. But hey if you guys pull it off, props to ya

Oh thanks man! nah i definitely do get where you are coming from, we have the same problem in Perth for core bands that only play 1's & 0's, maybe some of it is rubbing off on me :S each to their own though, glad you enjoyed 90% of it!
I love the technicality and the transitions into melodic versus. Just my opinion, but i think ur guitar has too much bass or something its like a low volume. Myabe im just used to loud and clear idk but yea again i love the technicality and ur chugg chugg riff patterns. What bands inspire your paly style? like faceless or veil of maya or something? i don't know
cheers dude you're probably right it does! its just a stock patch on my axe fx so it may be a bit too bass heavy. Definitely like those bands, probably the biggest influences for Prescient would be animals as leaders, tesseract, haarp machine and meshuggah.

On a side note if you want to hear a great aussie instrumental band check these guys out, they are fairly new but it won't be long before they're big!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=INR7io1_v1U
I will definitely check em out drew! Im excited! Keep your passion bro! Keep it burning....you will go far with it! Keep me posted on your progress. I didnt really dislike anything that I heard on your first recording. But I kind of do agree with shaneisaghost....on the fact that you might be too prominent on ur low end. Then again its all about what you like. Most metal bands scoop their mids or barely have any in there. I personally love the sound and eq of Lamb Of God's guitarists. Not to say yours isnt good bro, its all about what you like! You show yourself in your music. So be you when ur on and off of the guitar! Keep at it bro you have serious skill. God bless you
thanks man, ill definitely tweak the guitar tone when i record this album, the Ep i was not overly happy with so ill spend more time getting the sound right on this one!