Hello I have had my guitar for about 7 years. It is very basic ibanez rg120 was about 200 bucks. I know I should change my strings every few months but I have not even done it once since I bought my guitar( only played guitar on and off for few years ). I went to guitar center today and he put on some new strings for me. They are 12-56 thicker because i play metal. My problem is when i came home to tune my guitar (to drop C) my bridge raised up really high. Everytime I would tune a string the other strings would go out of tune so I would have to tune them up higher. This happened so much the bridge was at like a 25 degree angle and it looked really bad. Why does this hapen? I cant get my guitar to drop C without the bridge being at such a high angle.
Last edited by shaneisaghost at Apr 29, 2014,
i just called guitar center and that is exactly what they said I had to do. They told me to take it in. Thank you sir I will have a look at the link for a while.
Quote by shaneisaghost
i just called guitar center and that is exactly what they said I had to do. They told me to take it in. Thank you sir I will have a look at the link for a while.

Don't take it in. You can learn how to set up your guitar without having GC charge you $75 for it.