Hi, I own a fender squier and as the electronics and the pickups are so bad I decided to order the following product from guitar fetish. Please let me know if this is an ideal choice and how difficult will be the installation?

http://www.guitarfetish.com/Prewired-Three-Single-Coil-Pickguard-Three-Ply-White_p_634.html

PS: i am basically looking for something that would last jus a few months as I will be buying new gear this fall.

Thank you
That'll fit. You'll only need to solder 3 wires; 2 from the jack and one ground wire from the spring claw. They're both pretty easy solder jobs, the ground wires go to the back of the volume pot, and the hot out put goes to a dedicated pot lug, so space is not at a premium.
Quote by Telecaster7
That'll fit. You'll only need to solder 3 wires; 2 from the jack and one ground wire from the spring claw. They're both pretty easy solder jobs, the ground wires go to the back of the volume pot, and the hot out put goes to a dedicated pot lug, so space is not at a premium.

So, if I ge thold of a wiring diagram it should be pretty simple right?
Btw, can someone let me know if I should change anything with respect to electronics because I am getting this prewired pickgaurd from USA and in my country the domestic voltage is 220V.
Quote by sundar334
Btw, can someone let me know if I should change anything with respect to electronics because I am getting this prewired pickgaurd from USA and in my country the domestic voltage is 220V.
The wiring in your guitar has got nothing to do with domestic mains supply, so you don't need to worry about that.

As Telecaster7 said, there are only 3 connections to make, so you shouldn't need a wiring diagram (although the Seymour Duncan website is good for those if you want to look up a standard Strat configuration). Your pickguard should look something like this:

You need to connect the jack tip to the middle lug of the volume pot (that's the top one in this picture) and the jack sleeve and the ground wire from the trem claw (that should be the only other wire that's connecting your existing pickguard) to the back of the volume pot (where the black, white and yellow wires are connected in that picture).
Quote by von Layzonfon
The wiring in your guitar has got nothing to do with domestic mains supply, so you don't need to worry about that.

As Telecaster7 said, there are only 3 connections to make, so you shouldn't need a wiring diagram (although the Seymour Duncan website is good for those if you want to look up a standard Strat configuration). Your pickguard should look something like this:

You need to connect the jack tip to the middle lug of the volume pot (that's the top one in this picture) and the jack sleeve and the ground wire from the trem claw (that should be the only other wire that's connecting your existing pickguard) to the back of the volume pot (where the black, white and yellow wires are connected in that picture).

Thanks a lot man
Glad it's not just me having this problem. This makes it a bit clearer which wires are which for me. I spent about 2 hours trying to figure this out on Tuesday night and it still didn't work after all that. It's either wired up terribly or I've connected the wrong wires to the wrong bit's. Spent £158 on a Micro Terror without checking my old guitar actually worked :/