I left my fender squier without strings on for about a couple of months now and I am wondering how bad it will be for the neck without the strings? I am trying to resurrect it back again now.
Quote by Explorerbuilder
Have you actually checked it? It should be just fine. I dont know where the rumor came from that a neck without strings instantly warps.

I just checked and removed the neck from the body. It still looks fine to me.
If you leave a guitar without strings for some length of time, you'll have to let it settle when you put strings back on it. So don't go thinkimg the neck is ruined if it doesn't play like it should. Just let it sit for a couple of days and it should be back to normal.
Quote by Invader Jim
If you leave a guitar without strings for some length of time, you'll have to let it settle when you put strings back on it. So don't go thinkimg the neck is ruined if it doesn't play like it should. Just let it sit for a couple of days and it should be back to normal.

Thanks man
as jim and exp have said it should be fine, I have left necks unstrung for 2 or 3 years and the settle back just fine...just don't over tweak the truss rod when you restring it