Have you ever tried to talk about guitars with a stranger or friend only to be force-fed a story about how they "know someone" who is "amazing" or 'godly' when it comes to playing guitar before they even had the chance to hear you play? If so, please share your story. Were you impressed? Were you annoyed? Were you amused? Did you ever get to meet this so-called guitar god? If so, did they live up to the Hype, or did you mop the floor with them? Let me know that I'm not the only one.
I don't really care about how I rank up to others even though i'm probably the best around.

#edgy
...it was bright as the sun, but with ten times the heat
conversing about guitars is as lame as it gets

Quote by cyborganic99
Have you ever tried to talk about guitars with a stranger or friend only to be force-fed a story about how they "know someone" who is "amazing" or 'godly' when it comes to playing guitar before they even had the chance to hear you play? If so, please share your story. Were you impressed? Were you annoyed? Were you amused? Did you ever get to meet this so-called guitar god? If so, did they live up to the Hype, or did you mop the floor with them? Let me know that I'm not the only one.

Just because a friend says their godly doesn't mean the guitarist him/herself is egocentric and thinks their the best. If you compare/reward yourself for being better than a friends opinion on someone then that kind of makes you the one who thinks their the best. Not saying you are that, but just to anyone who has had that experience.
Quote by lolmnt
I love to have my vag pounded by guys who make lame threads on the internet!

Quote by snipelfritz
This thread topic is gold. I've been on this website for 8 years and I've never come up with anything like this. So yeah. Great job TS[457undead].
hey cyborganic99 I know this dude that plays a wicked shred on the axe bro you should see him play bro
bawitaba a bang a bang diggy diggy diggy sed the boogie sed up jump the boogie
Quote by MinterMan22

wait no sorry i'm wrong comparing your abilities @ guitar to someone else's is 14yo tier lame

TS, it is not my fault that you are not up to my speed (35.67 notes per second, non legato).

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Quote by captainsnazz
Quote by WCPhils
this is the most 16 year old sentence ever

spoke too soon

You too
___

Quote by The_Blode
she was saying things like... do you want to netflix and chill but just the chill part...too bad she'll never know that I only like the Netflix part...
Yes. I met a guy who knew and was friends with Nuno Bettencourt when he was young. Haven't gotten to meet him, no.

Other than that, no.
Quote by chookiecookie
Because playing guitar and skill totally isn't subjective

Guitar technique isn't subjective. Musicianship is, but physically playing the instrument can be gauged in the same way that an athlete's skill can be gauged.
Quote by macashmack
Guitar technique isn't subjective. Musicianship is, but physically playing the instrument can be gauged in the same way that an athlete's skill can be gauged.

Just because he's the fastest runner doesn't mean he's the best runner. I prefer people who run slow because you can see the emotion in their faces as they pass by.
Check out my band Disturbed
Quote by macashmack

If I started playing triplets at 300 bpm in front of a non player they're not gonna be impressed

If I played wonderwall they'd shit themself.

I guess I meant its not subjective to the player, but to the person gauging the player's skill.
ayy lmao
Quote by MinterMan22

Your banter is getting incredibly weak. Why don't you sit this one out and figure out a new strategy.
Quote by macashmack

Sure it is.

If technique is objective how come all the best guitar players hold their pick differently, All have different pick attack, All have different ways of doing hammerons and pulloffs. If there was a universal best, non subjective technique wouldn't everyone be playing guitar the same?

Athlete's skill can't be measured either actually. How do you measure two point guards skills?
Quote by MinterMan22
wait no sorry i'm wrong comparing your abilities @ guitar to someone else's is 14yo tier lame

Yeh, 4real
banned
Quote by Dimarzio45
Your banter is getting incredibly weak. Why don't you sit this one out and figure out a new strategy.

^ look @ this guy still embracing archaic methods of instrumentation

I just play with people and don't measure it? Whenever someone says they know someone good, I just wanna jam with them and see what turns out, we might make something cool, we might not, no big deal. One of us might be better at say flamenco while the other is better suited to playing country. I certainly don't get offended when people don't get on their knees and suckle on my penis after telling me I'm a guitar-god nor do I get offended when someone DARES mention that someone else that plays guitar MIGHT just make some good music.

Tl;dr when you're older and hear about good musicians, you get excited that there's someone out there you can meet and just play with, it's not a dick measuring contest.
Quote by StewieSwan
Just because he's the fastest runner doesn't mean he's the best runner. I prefer people who run slow because you can see the emotion in their faces as they pass by.

think I'm gonna have to sig that

Edit: I also hope none of my friends say stuff like that when I'm not around. I'd hate to finally meet them and they think I suck or something.
"Could everyone please stop sounding like everyone else that's trying to sound like meshuggah?"

-Emil Werstler

Quote by damian_91
Kurt Cobain, the best guitarist to ever live.

Last edited by brandon2784 at Apr 30, 2014,
Guitarists annoy other guitarists, just like most artists annoy other artists. Not sure if its envy, fear, or insecurity.
Quote by Pagan_Poetry
Sadly this is Ultimate-guitar, not Simple-guitar. We can't help you.