So one of my Jackson Dinky's has a "problem".

When I first pick up the guitar, its perfectly in tune. After doing some bends however, the g-string falls out of tune. This is abnormal to me as this is a Pro Series Jackson that I have recently bought brand new and it has never done this before.

I just put on new strings, and I've stretched them lots. What's odd however is that the g-string only momentarily acts like this...the string's behavior changes. After stretching the g-string like ten times, the string stays perfectly in tune until I set the guitar down and then pick it up again maybe a day later.

Is this normal?

EDIT: So I was noticing a buzzing noise coming from the headstock. I tightened the low E string tuner as it was really loose along with the A string...the string seems to be relatively stable now.

Does this logic even make sense?
Last edited by Aranglol at Apr 29, 2014,
Yes, makes sense.

Depending on where you live the changes in temp from day to night can be enough to throw everything sharp or flat.

Only one string? Lube the nut & check the saddle for binding.

By the way, you are not stretching steel strings, you are tightening/closing the loop around the peg.
When you say check the saddle for binding, what does that mean?

And did tightening the tuning peg make sense is what I mean (like the edit I did, does it make sense logically that a tuning peg for a different string could affect the tuning stability of another?) Sorry for the confusion.

It's a floyd rose bridge by the way. I blocked it off both ways with a piece of wood, so no locking nut either.

I was thinking about the whole climate issue and such, but this has been going on for almost a week now. Just the g-string. Originally I thought it was old strings, so I changed the strings. Still nothing has changed.