Well every like 5-10 seconds I hear this small pop sound, kind of like if you patted your guitar strings near the pickup. It's quiet but noticeable. It's a peavey vk-112. Have any idea what the problem may be? Thanks
Quote by lolmnt
I love to have my vag pounded by guys who make lame threads on the internet!

Quote by snipelfritz
This thread topic is gold. I've been on this website for 8 years and I've never come up with anything like this. So yeah. Great job TS[457undead].
Could be a badly seated tube. Pull them out and plug them back in again. Spray some contact cleaner on the pins as well if you have any. NOT WD40, proper electrical contact cleaner.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Quote by Cathbard
Could be a badly seated tube. Pull them out and plug them back in again. Spray some contact cleaner on the pins as well if you have any. NOT WD40, proper electrical contact cleaner.

+3.1415

the odds are thats it, but i just had a similar issue (rather odd) but it was a bad connection to the reverb tank. but the amp i was working

could do the pencil test on the tubes after you reseat and use contact cleaner.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
Well if I look into the aluminum cylinders that holds the preamp tubes it does appear that the phase inverter tube is sticking out a bit farther than the other two tubes. Could that be the problem?
Quote by lolmnt

Quote by snipelfritz
This thread topic is gold. I've been on this website for 8 years and I've never come up with anything like this. So yeah. Great job TS[457undead].
Yes.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Quote by Cathbard
Yes.

So if I just push on the tube a bit it would go if fully?
Quote by lolmnt

Quote by snipelfritz
Pull it out and plug it back in.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Quote by 457undead
Well every like 5-10 seconds I hear this small pop sound, kind of like if you patted your guitar strings near the pickup. It's quiet but noticeable. It's a peavey vk-112. Have any idea what the problem may be? Thanks

Are you sure your amp cord is all the way plugged in?

Because if you don't put the plug in all the way, but still have it about halfway in or more, you will hear the described noise.
Its more than likely what the other posters have said.

I had a similar occurrence when I got my Blackstar HT5, the problem was a bad connection on the earthing wire on my strat. The problem was that where I placed my picking hand, my finger regularly brushed one of the screws on my middle pickup, leading to me earthing the connection and my amp popping. Following a rewire, the noise stopped
Go with cathbard's suggestion first.

But you bought the VK used right? If so you may need some new tubes and it is always good to have a few spare 12ax7's on hand just incase. JJecc83 work nice in your amp and are fairly cheap ($10-$13 each)
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
I had a similar situation recently where someone had daisy chained a couple of 4 way pin plugs together. It was clear when i tried the amp back home one of those 4 ways must have been faulty, as once i plugged it direct to a wall socket the pops disappeared.
Quote by N3WW4V3N1NJ4
Are you sure your amp cord is all the way plugged in?

Because if you don't put the plug in all the way, but still have it about halfway in or more, you will hear the described noise.

Even when it's not plugged in it happens.

Quote by Robbgnarly
Go with cathbard's suggestion first.

But you bought the VK used right? If so you may need some new tubes and it is always good to have a few spare 12ax7's on hand just incase. JJecc83 work nice in your amp and are fairly cheap ($10-$13 each)

Yup, I bought it used. Should I buy all the same three JJecc83 tubes or get different kinds? What about power tubes?

EDIT: I can't fix the problem this second, at school.
Quote by lolmnt

Quote by snipelfritz
You can get the JJecc83 again, I wasn't sure of what was in it. JJ are fine for power tubes also
here is a site that only sells JJ's www.eurotubes.com/cart/index.php?page=view_products&category_id=8&sub_category_id=158
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate