Hello guys i am finally getting my own rehearsal room, Wondering if anyone has good ideas to create a good chill inspiring space.

I am making the room sound proof, and adding tack lighting, but is there a good place i can look for some inspiration.
Persian rugs, Curtains, lamps, Posters, Vintage furniture.... ?

Also is there a good trick to crete good acoustics with out using diffusers?

Thank you,
-UP
Quote by unityPower
Persian rugs

?

There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
Quote by theogonia777
?

And to think this is what Meowth wanted all those years.
Quote by Trowzaa
I wish I was American.

~ A Rolling Potato Gathers No Moss ~
Quote by eGraham
And to think this is what Meowth wanted all those years.

To have Giovanni's dirty feet all over him.
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
You must gots som big bukaroos op

Edit: But yea, buy all that stuff. The better and more expensive the rugs, the better the jam sessions you will have. Gotta have real vintage furniture, too. If it's not heavily used from the 70's or nos, then you will never get your inspiration to play beautiful music.
...it was bright as the sun, but with ten times the heat
Last edited by c3powil at Apr 30, 2014,
Haha.
Now I know that none of you had ever recorded in a real studio or even seen a picture of one.
Sad.

Thank you for nothing.
Quote by unityPower
Haha.
Now I know that none of you had ever recorded in a real studio or even seen a picture of one.
Sad.

Thank you for nothing.

hey i'm in studios every day

what does that have to do with your shit practice room? lol

edit: oh you want good acoustics because clearly you can't practice in a sub-standard room.

please send me a list of the rooms dimensions, the materials of the walls and any absorbant furniture and i will do some calculations and tell you what to change
Last edited by willT08 at Apr 30, 2014,
Soundproof is very difficult. "Tuned" to make the most of your environment is more important. Decor is very personal IMO but LED RGB can and wash lighting adds a lot of ambiance.
"Your sound is in your hands as much as anything. It's the way you pick, and the way you hold the guitar, more than it is the amp or the guitar you use." -- Stevie Ray Vaughan

"Anybody can play. The note is only 20 percent. The attitude of the motherfucker who plays it is 80 percent." -- Miles Davis

Guthrie on tone: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zmohdG9lLqY
Did you guys not know about how having more shit in your practice space makes you a better musician?
Dude it sounds like you answered your own question.

Do/buy everything you mentioned and I'd say you've got a pretty kickass jam space.

Maybe throw in a lava lamp or two and you'd be all set.

As for the acoustics... Do some research; lots of it. Or just do what willT08 told you. He has his shit together acoustically speaking I think.
Thank you guys, this is what I was looking for,
I don't understand why people have to get nasty when asking a simple question.

Thank you willT08!
I will PM as soon as I have the list, I am working with the architect in the sound proofing at the moment, but i should be jumping on the acoustics with in the next 2 weeks.