Budget? 400-750

Favorite Artists? -

As i lay dying
august burns red
haste the day
parkway drive
a day to remember

Preferences? - Ibanez preferably. I love the feel of the neck and how slick and fast paced they are. I play alot of technical riffs but alot of heavy chuggs when needed as well.

Pickups? - I heard Floyd roses bridges are a bitch but not bad if u get used to. So not a big deal. Is DMG pickups absolutely needed for my style? Any other pickups are good?

New or Used? - New

Location? -california, near Los angeles

Current Gear? - I own an ibanez rg120 with floyd rose. I love the guitar as it is my first. But Its time for an upgrade. I own a half stack Spider 3 amp(150w I believe)

Thanks for the help!!!
Last edited by shaneisaghost at Apr 30, 2014,
I played one of these today, and they were really nice:

http://www.ibanez.co.jp/products/eg_series14.php?area_id=2&cat_id=1&year=2014&series_id=3&pre=4

6 or 7 string, and they have DiMarzios rather than active EMGs. These are at the higher end of your budget; personally, though, I'm not a fan of the 3 pickup setup.

Floyd Rose bridges shouldn't be in the pickup section of your post but it sounds like you've got a guitar with a floyd already. The bridge on the above-mentioned is fixed to the body, so there's nothing like that on these.

People are likely going to come in here and tell you to change your amp before your guitar, though. Good luck!
Sorry to derail you..but what are you looking for? If it's a better sound, then get a better amp, especially seeing as you like your current guitar. But by all means get a new guitar, just personally i'd place replacing your POS amp in front of a new guitar
Look for a Godin redline, they're in your price range (new) and it is loaded with emgs 81 / 85. The quality is flawless... it's clearly worth more than what it sells for.

However, the neck is not as slim as ibanez ones.

I was playing it trough a L6 spider 2 and it sounded pretty good!
Quote by ambler3
Sorry to derail you..but what are you looking for? If it's a better sound, then get a better amp, especially seeing as you like your current guitar. But by all means get a new guitar, just personally i'd place replacing your POS amp in front of a new guitar

+1
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Quote by MadZorm
Look for a Godin redline, they're in your price range (new) and it is loaded with emgs 81 / 85. The quality is flawless... it's clearly worth more than what it sells for.

However, the neck is not as slim as ibanez ones.

I was playing it trough a L6 spider 2 and it sounded pretty bad because I was playing it through a sh*t amp

FTFY. But as described, I've heard that those guitars are great inexpensive guitars.