A week ago I ordered a 2nd condition RG920QM from Musician's Friend. It actually arrived two days ago, though. It's in my favorite color: blue, and hell I could never tell that it was a secondhand. If I go to the nearest Ibby dealer and try their 920, I'm sure it'll be exactly the same, only in red or grey.

I apologize for the low quality pictures. I took them with my Nokia.

The finish is gorgeous, IMO, as can be seen here.

It came with a gig bag, as seen here. (I already have a hard case in which resided another guitar).

The pickups could be better, as they lacked the vocal quality the PAF 36th Anniversary model my other guitar has. I'll replace them later this year... along with a new amp.

The guitar came tuned to e-flat with 9s. Low action. Took me a little while to switch to E standard 10s with high action that I'm accustomed to.

The tremolo is very nice, and the thumbwheel spring adjustment knob that comes with it is very helpful, albeit lacking in customization options. (I pimped the hell out of my other guitar, which is something I couldn't and wouldn't do with this one)
The ZPS, I have mixed feelings. Just about everything with the trem becomes a chore, be it balancing or diving or pulling up. Double stops are easier, however, and bending feels similar to bending on a stoptail.

Another cool thing I love about this guitar is the neck. It's a bit too thin than I'd like, but the profile is great. It really facilitates the two thumb placements I love: thumb over the neck (while the palm floating in the air), and thumb behind the neck.

Overall, I'm quite happy to get this guitar for a price much lower than an American Standard Strat.
Gear:
Jackson Dinky (JB+59) > TC Polytune Noir > TS808 clone > DOD 250 > Modded RAT > CH-1 > GE-7 > TC Flashback > Plexi Clone
Very nice, I have a Premium model too, the 25th anniversary RG. Some bash them because they are made in Indonesia but to be honest it is pretty good. Just FYI you can remove the zero point thing if you want to, and then the bridge will be like any other floating tremolo.
Quote by tappooh
Very nice, I have a Premium model too, the 25th anniversary RG. Some bash them because they are made in Indonesia but to be honest it is pretty good. Just FYI you can remove the zero point thing if you want to, and then the bridge will be like any other floating tremolo.

Yeah, I did that before I set my trem. I put it back on afterwards to mitigate pitch shifting while doing doublestop bends

Not sure if I'll remove them in the future, though.
Gear:
Jackson Dinky (JB+59) > TC Polytune Noir > TS808 clone > DOD 250 > Modded RAT > CH-1 > GE-7 > TC Flashback > Plexi Clone
ughhhh dude.

GREAT guitar but that action is literally unplayable. i mean, i would probably make the blanket satement that a guitar is useless in that condition.

you really play like that? i mean, i cant think of any 6 stringed instrument that should ever had an action that high. even acoustic or dobros for slide playing, etc.
Carvin CT624
Walden G630ce Acoustic
Carvin V3M, Avatar 2x12 WGS Reaper, vet 30
(crybaby, Fairfield circuitry Comp, GFS tuner, Vick Audio 73 Ram's Head, Xotic AC booster, lovepedal trem, TC Flashback, PGS Trinity Reverb, Walrus Audio Aetos power)
Quote by ikey_
ughhhh dude.

GREAT guitar but that action is literally unplayable. i mean, i would probably make the blanket satement that a guitar is useless in that condition.

you really play like that? i mean, i cant think of any 6 stringed instrument that should ever had an action that high. even acoustic or dobros for slide playing, etc.

Yeah. I'm not the cleanest picker, but I can definitely play with that.
Gear:
Clearly naked in the last picture :p
Current Gear
-----------------
Washburn WI66 Pro //
Ibanez Prestige SA1260 //
Schecter C1 Blackjack //
Fernandes Ravelle Elite //
Wahburn HB35 Semi-Hollowbody
Blackstar HT40
Quote by barnesybaby
Clearly naked in the last picture :p

No, I wear short shorts.
Gear:

I would never consider that a low action though. Your action should be literally half that height.
Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
I also have to do that. Cottaging this weekend
Sweet ibby but Christ you like a high action

HNGD
Gibson RD Silverburst w/ Lace Dissonant Aggressors (SOLD)
Electra Omega Prime Ceruse
Fender Franken-Jag Bass

Amps and the like:
Laney VH100R
Seismic Luke 2x12
Dunlop 105Q Wah
Gojira FX 808
Line 6 M9
nice
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Thanks, guys.
Gear:
Quote by Ippon
Congrats!

High action even for slide. What amp are you getting?

Haven't really decided. Probably the Marshall DSL15. I get all the distortion I need from my Maxon pedal, so I don't really have to worry much about the lead channel Anything cheap with a cool clean is fine.
Gear:
but man i mean im actually concerned. why not just lower your action? really, make your life easier.
Carvin CT624
Walden G630ce Acoustic
Carvin V3M, Avatar 2x12 WGS Reaper, vet 30
(crybaby, Fairfield circuitry Comp, GFS tuner, Vick Audio 73 Ram's Head, Xotic AC booster, lovepedal trem, TC Flashback, PGS Trinity Reverb, Walrus Audio Aetos power)
I like the struggle.
Gear:
HNGD!

Got one of the 25th Anniversary Premiums last year (The pink one!) and it is one of my favourite guitars. Really, really good guitars. I even like the DiMarzio/Ibz-pickups.

I should buy more of these before people start to realise just how good they are...
"Your signature can not be longer than 250 characters."

How you know you have too many guitars...

Apparently once also known as PonyFan #834553.
Quote by dspellman
That's high action, all right. Why?

I like the clear tone that comes with it (I also lowered the PUs as much as possible), and since I mainly use just the top 3 strings beyond the 15th fret, I can live with it. I like the struggle, too.

I might lower it a bit now, because this guitar does feel stiffer than my old one.
Don't worry about it much, though. I'm left handed, actually.

Quote by HomerSGR
HNGD!

Got one of the 25th Anniversary Premiums last year (The pink one!) and it is one of my favourite guitars. Really, really good guitars. I even like the DiMarzio/Ibz-pickups.

I should buy more of these before people start to realise just how good they are...

I know, right. If someone told me this was made in Japan, I'd totally believe it. The DiMarzio/IBZ pickups are really cool, too. They lack defining characteristics, but the CLARITY is something to admire.
Gear:
Last edited by Archer250 at May 1, 2014,