Need thy help again Pitdwellers!

So I joined a new band, they were looking for a singer and bass player.
I took the bass player role.

I have a friend that is a professional multi-instrumentalist (plays drums/guitar/bass/piano/harmonica/macbook/sickwubz and also sings) and I told my new band that they should check him out.

The band wants to tour this summer, and have been searching for a singer since november last year.
Without a reason they shot him down, saying they fear a lot of criticism on their play, because he's pretty good at what he does.

It took me a while to convince them that they give him an audition, but I think they will just turn him down and he'll come down to the studio for nothing.

Is there anything I can do about this? he's obviously made for the job and if they want to tour they will HAVE to get a singer, so he's basically all they have, but they don't seem to see it that way.
My Soundcloud

My beginner rig:

Epiphone Goth G-400 SG
Line 6 Spider IV (Don't judge me, I was young and stupid)
Stagg SW203N
Yamaha APX500
Last edited by BjarnedeGraaf at Apr 30, 2014,
> Band wants to tour
> Fears criticism

Not a good recipe I fear.
Quote by GLP_Arclite
Pooping is well good though, to be fair.

I've got a handle on the fiction.

I'm losing my grip, 'cos I'm losing my fingers.
I'd say just let it be. You're the new guy and you don't want to start rocking the boat too much on your first day. It doesn't make a good impression. It'll make an even worse impression if your friend doesn't live up to expectations.
That's just general group theory.
Quote by metacarpi
> Band wants to tour
> Fears criticism

Not a good recipe I fear.

I did say to them that they will eventually get some criticism anyway, to be honest I'd much rather get a review on my playing from a guy who's better than me on my instrument, then reading it from some music journalist who never held a guitar in the first place.

Quote by Extra Ordinary
I'd say just let it be. You're the new guy and you don't want to start rocking the boat too much on your first day. It doesn't make a good impression. It'll make an even worse impression if your friend doesn't live up to expectations.
That's just general group theory.

Yeah I figured something like this... I didn't want to give them the feeling like I'm taking over, but maybe it felt that way when I joined and 3 days later presented a singer.
My Soundcloud

My beginner rig:

Epiphone Goth G-400 SG
Stagg SW203N
Yamaha APX500
Last edited by BjarnedeGraaf at Apr 30, 2014,
Quote by BjarnedeGraaf
Yeah I figured something like this... I didn't want to give them the feeling like I'm taking over, but maybe it felt that way when I joined and 3 days later presented a singer.

Yeah I know that feeling when you have the perfect something for whatever situation you're in but you can't use it because of other people.
Like I said, let it be. It's good enough that you made the suggestion because the idea may be enough for them to reconsider in the future.
Quote by Extra Ordinary
Yeah I know that feeling when you have the perfect something for whatever situation you're in but you can't use it because of other people.
Like I said, let it be. It's good enough that you made the suggestion because the idea may be enough for them to reconsider in the future.

Yeah, well like I said, they told him to come sunday for audition, so who knows what's gonna happen
My Soundcloud

My beginner rig:

Epiphone Goth G-400 SG
Stagg SW203N
Yamaha APX500
There's no way that band is ready for touring, sorry.

1) Who will you play to? Nobody even knows what you sound like yet.

2) How can you tour when members are literally brand new - unless you're professional musicians who can rehearse every day as a job, you won't be ready in time.

3) You don't even have a concrete lineup yet. Short of hiring a session musician, there's no way you could plan for a tour now (not really far enough in advance for Summer still) not even knowing if you'll have a full lineup.
Hey, look. Sigs are back.
Yeah I know that we won't be able to tour yet by that time.
They only have 2 finished songs (both of which are only finished because they asked to write a bass line for both of them for my own audition), a few unfinished ones, but no lyrics for any of them.
I don't mind though, I figure if we get a steady line-up a year would be more than enough.
Touring the Netherlands isn't that expensive (especially since we are located in the center of the country and the furthest away would be a 2 hour drive)
My Soundcloud

My beginner rig:

Epiphone Goth G-400 SG
Stagg SW203N
Yamaha APX500