Hey guys and gals. I don't post much on here but after reading so much about Carpal Tunnel surgery I figured I let you know how I made out. Been playing since I was 8. Im 45 now. For the last 5 years or so I was feeling burning and numbness mainly in my fretting hand. Got so bad I couldn't play for more than a minute or so without having to stop. Had to quit playing in bands and hardly played at all. I went to have the surgery YESTERYDAY and its already 100 times better. I woke up early this morning like a kid on Christmas trying out his new wrists, lol, and my fretting hand feels awesome. I took my last pain pill last night around 10 pm. I feel some pain from where they cut me but not where I normally feel it. All I can say is find a good surgeon and get the Endoscopic type. If you like in RI/MA area PM me and Ill send you the Drs name I had. He has done over 5000 of them and is The Man. Thanks for your time.
Great to hear! Congrats! Happy New Wrist Day haha
'93 Gibson LP Studio (498T/490R)-Ebony
'14 Gibson LP Standard (JB/Jazz)-Ocean Water Perimeter
Epi MKH LP Custom-7 (SD Custom Shop JB-7)-Ebony
+More

Maxon od808|Boss NS-2|Boss CE-5|
Line6 G55|Korg Pitchblack Pro

JVM 210h|1960a(V30/G12t-75)
I may be there myself soon - good to hear there's light at the end of the "tunnel!"
Wow! That is awesome news, man. Glad to hear it. 22 years here and the wrists are still in one piece, but I get twinges from time to time. Happy playing!
Thanks to everyone for the kind words. I just felt I need to post because so many times you have people either wondering if it works or saying it doesn't and they haven't had it.

As far as reoccurrence mole, they basically remove the part that causes the carpel tunnel pain so for the most part its a one time deal. Of course there are exceptions but if that happens they say its because you waited too long. Generally if you let it go too long it damages other nerves that cant be correct easily so if you have the surgery and it still hurts you may have done uncorrectable damage.
Glad that you have benefitted from the procedure.
2014 Gibson SG Special
Peavey Classic 30
Squier Standard Stratocaster HSS
Fender CD60CE
Fender v2 Mustang III
Roland Micro Cube
MXR M75
Question, did you stretch before you played through all those years?

I'm terrified of getting carpal tunnel or arthritis or something.
Quote by Hardlycore
Question, did you stretch before you played through all those years?

I'm terrified of getting carpal tunnel or arthritis or something.

Agree, is there any ways of avoiding like how high up your guitar sits, the angle of the neck etc?