Hi there!

I’m trying to setup my MOX with Logic’s Mainstage, but I’m having some trouble. Is there anyone around here who uses this setup?
I looked trough all kinds of forums, but I can’t find the solution.
Here's the problem:
When I connect my MOX with the USB cable, and I’m getting the sounds from Mainstage trough the MOX, but they are all out of tune. All sounds sound great, but they are all a bit more than 1 full tone out of tune. I think my audio sample rate is set to 44.1 (there is no way to change this in the MOX, right?).
I can retune my Mainstage with an internal tuner, but I guess this can’t be the right solution because it seems like such a hassle?

Also, is it possible to use both MOX and Mainstage sounds via Mainstage (see the MOX sounds visually on my computer, as a VST (or something like that), or make a link to them via the computer)?
I only use real-time sounds in the MOX (voice, performance), so no songs or patterns.
The reason I’m willing to use Mainstage is because it’s very easy-to-use. I use A LOT of sounds when I’m performing live, and programming them all in my MOX is just a lot of work.
I also arrange them in Master mode in a way so I can simply go to the next sounds by pushing my footswitch.
The cool stuff about using Mainstage here is that I see everything in a very organized way, I can buy new sounds, and I can push my footswitch to go to the next sound while I’m still hearing the previous sound (with the MOX, the sounds stop immediately when going to the next master ‘setup’.)
But the sounds from the MOX are so great, and I’m so happy about them, that I obviously want to use them to.

Thanks in advance, sorry I have to ask these questions here, but I don’t know where else I can ask them.
As you can see, I'm pretty desperate.

Love,
Wouter

PS: If you know any keyboard-geek-related forums/topics on UG or any other site, please share them? If I can't find an answer here, my luck may lay elsewhere.
Kudos!
I fell asleep on my arm once, scariest thing that ever happened to me. I thought it was kill.
Your problem seems to be that you're either just using the MOX as audio output device or both as audio input and output device.

You may wanna try using the thing just as audio input device (in the audio preferences panel), using software instruments in mainstage for when you want to use the MOX as just a controller to play virtual instruments, and use an audio track for when you want to use the MOX's sound.

Also, just to check if the problem with the tuning is in the conversion from digital to analog, try and use the MOX as your overall audio output device (apple menu, preferences, audio) and see if the playback of whatever audio clip you have there sounds good.

If you have problems there go into the audio-midi setup (applications, utilities, audio midi setup) and change the sample rate of the outcoming audio.
If that solves the problem just change the sample rate in mainstage (project menu in mainstage, recording, sample rate), though I would think the problem lies elsewhere.
Name's Luca.

Quote by OliOsbourne
I don't know anything about this topic, but I just clicked on this thread because of your username :O
Quote by Cajundaddy
Clue: amplifiers amplify so don't turn it on if you need quiet.
Quote by chrismendiola
I guess spambots are now capable of reading minds.
Thanks man! Really helpful information,

The tuning problem is solved after fooling around with the sample rate, and the input-output/audio-midi setup like you said.

You seem like a guy who has a lot of knowledge of Mainstage?

I can now play all the sounds I have in Mainstage, trough my Yamaha MOX. Do you know if there's a way to use both the sounds from Mainstage, and the MOX?
I've read somewhere that you can 'map' sounds from your keyboard into Mainstage? Or should I see them as 2 totally different 'sound engines'. (Either the sounds from Mainstage, OR the sounds I get directly out of my keyboard).

Many thanks in advance. I'm breaking my head here.
I fell asleep on my arm once, scariest thing that ever happened to me. I thought it was kill.
Quote by Lord Waltaa
You seem like a guy who has a lot of knowledge of Mainstage?
not really, though I'm good with logic which essentially is the same thing plus all of the options you find in DAWs and without the stuff for live playing.
Quote by Lord Waltaa
Do you know if there's a way to use both the sounds from Mainstage, and the MOX?
You go into the audio settings panel and select the MOX as input device (also output if you want that too).
Then you create two tracks, one stereo audio and one software instrument.
I suppose the channels over which the MOX sends the audio are the first two, so you go and select "audio 1-2" as audio input device for the audio track, and then you load a software instrument into the software instrument track.

Then if you wanna use both the sound from the software instrument and the MOX at the same time you just enable the input monitoring on both tracks, and if you want to switch between the two you set up the MOX in a way in which pressing whatever button you like switches the input monitoring of the tracks on and off.
Have a look at the midi learn thing in mainstage to do that.

Or you can go into the MOX settings and see if there's a way to mute the audio coming from it, or a simple volume control or whatever.
That way you could just mute the input monitoring whenever you didn't want to use the sounds coming from mainstage and turn the MOX's volume to 0 whenever you didn't want to use sounds coming from it.
Name's Luca.

Quote by OliOsbourne
I don't know anything about this topic, but I just clicked on this thread because of your username :O
Quote by Cajundaddy
Clue: amplifiers amplify so don't turn it on if you need quiet.
Quote by chrismendiola
I guess spambots are now capable of reading minds.