I've been contemplating getting a Squier Jazzmaster. I've read reviews but I'm just not sure of the quality, I figured I might be able to come across someone here that had one before.
Anyone know if they're crap?
Thanks, legs
You should try to find one and play it before you buy one. I think that there are better guitars for the money but I might have a different taste.
The Vintage Modern and Classic Vibe Squier's are pretty good for their prices, I would not buy a cheaper model unless you absolutely can not afford the CV/VM
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Thanks for the advice curtis, I have played them , I meant more in the long term quality. And I'll keep those in mind Rob.
I just sold a 1996 Squier Pro-tone fat tele last year. it was a great guitar and everything was stock for 15 yrs and then I did a bit of moding. I gigged it all the time so certain ones are good
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
I would say Squier Jazzmasters are good. They might not be as good as regular Fender Jazzmasters, but I don't think you could go wrong with the particular type of Squier -- provided you play the model you're buying beforehand.
The Squier J Mascis Jazzmaster is pretty killer. I would definitely recommend that one to you over any other Squier.
OBEY THE MIGHTY SHITKICKER