i play an 8 string schecter. currently looking for a combo all tube amp around $400. trying to acheive a metal tone.
You won't find anything better and it is under your budget. I'd grab it quick or it will be gone
www.guitarcenter.com/In-Store-Used-USED-PEAVEY-6505--112-COMBO-AMP-109369336-i3380202.gc
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Peavey 6505+ 112 find one used it should be about 400$.

But really all you have to do is go to the music store with your guitar and try all the amps there and pick one. I wouldn't ask for suggestions from the store employees because they will almost always bring you to the gimmicky overpriced amps (Line 6, Marshall solid state). One amp that sounds awesome to someone may sound like ass to you.
alot of people are standing by the peavey 6505 for metal, whatabout a bugera? or b-52? there pretty cheap in price and im sure i can find one used somewhere to fit my bufget, but ive only heard a shootout between the peavey and bugera
Used 6505+ combo. Then get a Tubescreamer of some sort and a noise gate (ISP is my favorite).
Quote by ermagherd
alot of people are standing by the peavey 6505 for metal, whatabout a bugera? or b-52? there pretty cheap in price and im sure i can find one used somewhere to fit my bufget, but ive only heard a shootout between the peavey and bugera

Bugera has horrible QC and they tend to breakdown more often than any Peavey. B-52 is the same very bad build quality and not what I'd ever recommend for anyone

Look at the link I posted a 6505+ 1x12 combo for $299 that is a win for sure
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
im definitely looking at that peavey, thanks man, but is the 112 gonna be loud enough ? like with a drummer and other guiarist? ive never had anything more than a small combo practice amp, and have heard tons of 412 cabs with powerful amps and they were def loud enough, but is the 112 gonna do the job?
Quote by ermagherd
im definitely looking at that peavey, thanks man, but is the 112 gonna be loud enough ? like with a drummer and other guiarist? ive never had anything more than a small combo practice amp, and have heard tons of 412 cabs with powerful amps and they were def loud enough, but is the 112 gonna do the job?

It's mostly down to wattage of the power section of the amp than how many speakers it has. A 60 watt tube power section and a 112 will be loud enough.

And you wanted a combo, I don't think you can get a 412 combo anyway.
EGC Baritone | ESP M-I | Gibson LP Jr
BC Rich USA ST3 | Fender Telecaster
VHT/Fryette GP3 | Verellen Meatsmoke pre | Mesa 2:90
Soldano HR50+ | Marshall 2203KK | Krank RevJr 50 | Holden 50
Orange PPC412 | Laney GS412 | Mesa Thiele 112 | Alron 115
haha, yeah i dont think theres a 412 combo out there, but ive been loking at used gear since robbgnarly gave me that link for the 6505, there is some pretty low priced 412's out there and ampheads, but the only ones i would be possibly interested in are the bugera 6262 or b-52 atx 100, due to price range plus cab price range, but 90 percent of people online dont stand by the quality of those too brands, i think the infinium tube life thing is an awesome feature as u can mix any type of tubes that fit in there, in the bugera, to get a signature tone, idk tho :/
Quote by ermagherd

Yeah, they are really loud. I run sound at a venue and trust me they are really loud . You can also add an extra 1x12/2x12/4x12 cab and it will run them all fine.

Lots of people buy them and then eventually make the combo into a head and use it on 2x12 and 4x12 cabs. There are several threads on UG about how to do this.
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
You can try Windsor with an overdrive in front. Used Peavey XXX/6505 or maybe Marshall DSL40C probably used.

Bugera and B-52 don't have a good reputation but you might want to take a stab as the price set @ $400 doesn't offer much.

Randall had a 50C or RC combo I think, that used might land around $400.
I was playing the 6505 at not even volume 1 in guitar center and it was loud enough to plainly hear like playing in your room lol.
Bugera is built really cheap, just stay away. B-52s sound very nice, I owned one for a while. However, they are also not built well. Mine was fine, but I didn't own it too terribly long. They seem very hit and miss.

Bottom line, with options like that 6505 available to you, no need to cheap out. That 6505 is what you want, your favorite metal bands probably use one.
Gibson SG Standard
Gibson Les Paul Traditional
Cort Explorer
Squire Standard Strat rebuilt with Fender USA parts
Squire Tele
Krank 1980
Orange Tiny Terror
Traynor YCV 50 Blue
Peavey Vypyr 75

Will fly for food. Call me Dylan