says on wikipedia he used charvel, but I thought I read somewhere (can't remember where ) he used kramer before ESP (which might explain the wide nuts on the ESPs).

the tone's very dependent on the amp and other effects etc. (not to mention studio trickery) too. I could be wrong but I'd doubt a charvel, ESP or kramer would sound massively different, assuming they had the same pickups.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
as I recall he used several guitars on the album including a fender strat. I think he was playing ESP by then but probably used his older guitars for certain sounds.
yeah it's safe to assume most guitar players are using several different guitars on an album

i seem to remember a georgy lynch fan on another forum saying he used a lp at one point too
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
84-85 he didn't play ESP's. He first visited ESP in Japan in 1986 I believe.
Gear:
1987 Charvel Model II
2010 Carvin ST300C
1990 Charvette 100
1991 Ibanez RG560M
2006 Fender Mexi Strat
Jackson/Charvel Star W/ Custom Graphics.
Ovation CP 247 Acoustic
Line 6 POD HD Pro X
Pro Tools 9

Tutorial: Studio Quality Programmed Drum Sounds
I think he used a kramer
Epi LP Std- black
Xv-840
Xv-700
Xv-610
JT-Strat
Ibanez RGR
Vintage-Vs6