Play with a metronome, the first 0:45 of the song wasn't half bad but when you started to speed up you lost timing. Practice slow and gradually build up your speed, if you haven't discovered it yet, buy guitar pro 6 or Tab Pro, they both do wonders for your playing if utilized correctly. Your technique isn't half bad, your picking is pretty consistent and your bends were on key so your doing well there. Just keep practising and always challenge yourself, welcome to UG and keep it up!
slow down, and your bends are extremely off pitch. Your vibrato is also non existent.
Hey thanks for checking it out! Sure i never did use a metronome ever. And people do tell me about my timing problem. Now, i really have to use a metronome haha! thanks for the welcome!!
Quote by vayne92
slow down, and your bends are extremely off pitch. Your vibrato is also non existent.

yeah i agree! but on acoustic its really hard to get a vibrato unless you have a really good guitar. I tried it on electric once when i went to the shop, it was clean and i could hear the clean notes, wish i get one soon!!!! ") thanks for watching bro!!
Not bad for 1 year and 5 months of playing the only complaints I have are that you're bending out of pitch.. Bending in pitch is very important your hammers on's and pull off's were very weak what's the point of doing them if you or anybody you know can barely hear them?

Practice hammering on and, pulling off harder also practice with a metronome you were out of time in most of the video.. Like I said you're not half bad for the level of playing that you're at you just need to clean up a little bit of your technique, and your timing issues.

I have a question for you do you know how to strum chords? As in playing rhythm guitar do you know all your A Shape, and E shape barre chords? Do you know all the notes on the fret board? Can you stay in time while strumming chord whether they're open or barre chords? Can you 16th note strum I noticed a lot of people that pick up the guitar jump straight up into lead, and don't practice rhythm that's why they have horrible timing issues.
Last edited by Black_devils at May 1, 2014,
Quote by Black_devils
Not bad for 1 year and 5 months of playing the only complaints I have are that you're bending out of pitch.. Bending in pitch is very important your hammers on's and pull off's were very weak what's the point of doing them if you or anybody you know can barely hear them?

Practice hammering on and, pulling off harder also practice with a metronome you were out of time in most of the video.. Like I said you're not half bad for the level of playing that you're at you just need to clean up a little bit of your technique, and your timing issues.

I have a question for you do you know how to strum chords? As in playing rhythm guitar do you know all your A Shape, and E shape barre chords? Do you know all the notes on the fret board? Can you stay in time while strumming chord whether they're open or barre chords? Can you 16th note strum I noticed a lot of people that pick up the guitar jump straight up into lead, and don't practice rhythm that's why they have horrible timing issues.

hey there thanks a ton for giving your time and watching all my videos! I will take care of the legato technique thanks!
Wow! you are a problem solver, friend! I never cared about my rhythm playing! I think i really need lesson for that! I suck at rhythm actually!! I will start on my rhythm from today itself thanks a lot bro!!
Also don't neglect your pinky, especially if you want to be a lead guitarist. Even slash uses his pinky. It can be made just as fast as your other fingers and will only increase your speed.

Besides that either bend into pitch better OR move up a note and just do a half step bend if you are having a hard time bending on acoustic. But don't bend out of tune, it sounds really bad.
Quote by hansome21
Also don't neglect your pinky, especially if you want to be a lead guitarist. Even slash uses his pinky. It can be made just as fast as your other fingers and will only increase your speed.

Besides that either bend into pitch better OR move up a note and just do a half step bend if you are having a hard time bending on acoustic. But don't bend out of tune, it sounds really bad.

i incorporate my pinkie a lot in my playing now a days actually, you can check the video. I use it when necessary lol i wont use it all the time :P Actually pinkie is the strongest finger !

Yeah bending need to be improved that for sure!! aslo i gotta tune my guitar too! :P
Quote by hansome21

yeah or even just do a slide or something like that.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Iwalkalone11
yeah i agree! but on acoustic its really hard to get a vibrato unless you have a really good guitar.

This is not true. The guitar doesn't matter, it's all in the fingers. That being said, i will admit that it generally is more difficult bending etc on an acoustic, but if you have good bending/vibrato on electric you'll have it on acoustic too.
Not to put you down or anything, but beginners generally have a very common misconception that their bending and vibrato is good. I have never ever ever seen a beginner with good vibrato. In my opinion it is one of the most difficult techniques to develop and it will continue to be improving even 20 years later. You could say that for any technique really, but i think it applies in particular to vibrato.
Last edited by vayne92 at May 2, 2014,
Quote by vayne92
This is not true. The guitar doesn't matter, it's all in the fingers. That being said, i will admit that it generally is more difficult bending etc on an acoustic, but if you have good bending/vibrato on electric you'll have it on acoustic too.
Not to put you down or anything, but beginners generally have a very common misconception that their bending and vibrato is good. I have never ever ever seen a beginner with good vibrato. In my opinion it is one of the most difficult techniques to develop and it will continue to be improving even 20 years later. You could say that for any technique really, but i think it applies in particular to vibrato.

I completely agree! I need more experience and stability in my techniques! sometimes i get them down but sometimes its crap that i play!
Quote by hansome21
But don't bend out of tune, it sounds really bad.

There are certain ways to way to bend out of tune that actually sound cool. *cough* Marty Friedman
Quote by Iwalkalone11
hey there thanks a ton for giving your time and watching all my videos! I will take care of the legato technique thanks!
Wow! you are a problem solver, friend! I never cared about my rhythm playing! I think i really need lesson for that! I suck at rhythm actually!! I will start on my rhythm from today itself thanks a lot bro!!

Look bro are you following any course lately? If not I'll recommend you a great course to start out on your rhythm playing..

http://justinguitar.com/en/BC-000-BeginnersCourse.php

^ That's the link above the thing that most beginners tend to not learn is that you can't play lead if you can't play rhythm. Nothing is more important than rhythm that's the most important part of the song the rhythm section man.. Typically a solo only lasts for 8 bars your lead skills can come some other time there's a lot of guitar players out there that can shred the shit out of random scale patterns, but can't even play a damn chord. I really don't want to see you going in that direction just remember this one thing the most legendary guitar players were all great at playing rhythm that's what makes a great guitar player the rhythm!

No one wants to sit there, and listen to some dude wank out random guitar licks for 5 minutes straight lol... By the way How are you going to accompany a singer by just playing licks? You need chords to do that.
Last edited by Black_devils at May 3, 2014,
Quote by Black_devils
Look bro are you following any course lately? If not I'll recommend you a great course to start out on your rhythm playing..

http://justinguitar.com/en/BC-000-BeginnersCourse.php

^ That's the link above the thing that most beginners tend to not learn is that you can't play lead if you can't play rhythm. Nothing is more important than rhythm that's the most important part of the song the rhythm section man.. Typically a solo only lasts for 8 bars your lead skills can come some other time there's a lot of guitar players out there that can shred the shit out of random scale patterns, but can't even play a damn chord. I really don't want to see you going in that direction just remember this one thing the most legendary guitar players were all great at playing rhythm that's what makes a great guitar player the rhythm!

No one wants to sit there, and listen to some dude wank out random guitar licks for 5 minutes straight lol... By the way How are you going to accompany a singer by just playing licks? You need chords to do that.

Wow how can i miss this message! Great reference bro! loved it. Yeah im working on my rhythm work nowadays! thanks man!!
That's a pretty good effort for somebody who's only been playing for less than two years. I've been playing for almost a decade and that still sounds better and faster than me. I guess if you enjoy it that much there's nothing anybody can say except good luck and keep going. To be honest, you must have practiced a lot within a span of one and a half years to be that good already. The one thing I can say about myself, and I guess this might apply to you as well, is that as long as I take it slow and easy, I'm sure there's no way I can get frustrated and still have fun. Maybe you can relate to that
Quote by koopaguy58
That's a pretty good effort for somebody who's only been playing for less than two years. I've been playing for almost a decade and that still sounds better and faster than me. I guess if you enjoy it that much there's nothing anybody can say except good luck and keep going. To be honest, you must have practiced a lot within a span of one and a half years to be that good already. The one thing I can say about myself, and I guess this might apply to you as well, is that as long as I take it slow and easy, I'm sure there's no way I can get frustrated and still have fun. Maybe you can relate to that

Thanks a ton bro!!! One thing i do is that i always play guitar everyday...even if its for an hour Haha sometimes its frustrating but yeah for most of the time its fun. But my problem is i can't play in front of any stranger :P
I'd encourage you to start practicing your scales to a metronome - whole notes, half notes, quarter notes, triplets etc. Pick a tempo that is slow enough to allow you to play all of those decently. Do that for a few minutes every day and it will really help with your improv.
Quote by reverb66
I'd encourage you to start practicing your scales to a metronome - whole notes, half notes, quarter notes, triplets etc. Pick a tempo that is slow enough to allow you to play all of those decently. Do that for a few minutes every day and it will really help with your improv.

Hey great advice! will surely work with a metronome. Actually i started and its kinda boring but gotta do :P
Pretty nice man. If you've learnt this from a tab I'd be interested in which one. Thanks!
Quote by MetalMullet
Pretty nice man. If you've learnt this from a tab I'd be interested in which one. Thanks!

Just search for godfather theme by slash tab on google. I didn't copy every note. I used d harmonic scale and just went with the backing track!
btw here's another original track i made in d harmonic minor: https://soundcloud.com/amin122646/guitar-sob-d-minor
Quote by ProjectNemesis
For one and a half years of playing, I think you're doing pretty great.

hey thanks a lot man!! appreciate it
I think you are insanely good for a year and 4 months of playing. Your acoustic shredding is reminiscent of Django Reinhardt in such a short period of time. yes your timing is off as you get faster but it doesn't take away from the fact that you've gone very very far so quickly. Keep it up man
Quote by Buttcheex8
I think you are insanely good for a year and 4 months of playing. Your acoustic shredding is reminiscent of Django Reinhardt in such a short period of time. yes your timing is off as you get faster but it doesn't take away from the fact that you've gone very very far so quickly. Keep it up man

Waoah! that's the biggest compliment i've ever heard till now! *_* Thanks a lot man...you guys make me so confident about my playing! Yeah im now working with a metronome!!