Hi,

I've been offered a 2004 Epiphone Les Paul Studio for £100 by a mate who has long since given up. It has been in his attic for about 9 years and was a mess. I have reattached the nut, removed the corrosion from the frets, oiled the fretboard, restrung it and generally given it a damn good clean.

The neck looks true, but I am no expert.

Is it worth it, or should I just walk away?
100 would be a deal on that guitar IMO
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Quote by Nemesis44UK
Hi,

I've been offered a 2004 Epiphone Les Paul Studio for £100 by a mate who has long since given up. It has been in his attic for about 9 years and was a mess. I have reattached the nut, removed the corrosion from the frets, oiled the fretboard, restrung it and generally given it a damn good clean.

The neck looks true, but I am no expert.

Is it worth it, or should I just walk away?

As long as it is is in good playable shape yes it is worth it.
is it a leaky attic? water damage is a bitch.

if you have it cleaned up nice and the neck is straight then you should be good. have a shop give it a look over if your concerned. a decent set up isn't expensive.
Yeah its a decent guitar i had one, worth no more than that used though. If repairing it is gonna cost you then dont even bother.
Many thanks for all your replies. Will take it to a shop for them to give the once-over. They shouldn't charge too much just to let me know if the neck is straight.