Hi everyone,
I have bought a '75 Les Paul Standard Wine Red, in a Guitar Center...awesome!
It has a peculiarity because on the front of headstock it has a Standard logo, but on the back of headstock it has a gold writing LES PAUL - DELUXE Made in U.S.A.
Does any of you have noticed of this weird headstock?
Thank in advance.
Its a deluxe that mas been routed to humbuckers and passed off as an standard probably.

Great guitar though
AFAIK, Gibson did not put the "model" designation in the serial number embossed stamp in any of their guitars. That suggests to me that you have either a fake or a serious rarity. Here's hoping that it is a rarity! HNGD! Whatever it is, enjoy the crap out of it!!!
"Maybe this world is another planet's hell?" - Aldous Huxley
Quote by FatalGear41
AFAIK, Gibson did not put the "model" designation in the serial number embossed stamp in any of their guitars. That suggests to me that you have either a fake or a serious rarity. Here's hoping that it is a rarity! HNGD! Whatever it is, enjoy the crap out of it!!!

Yes they did.

Here is the link to a similar LP that TS has, before the humbucker route.

http://www.guitar-museum.com/guitar-19715-1975-1976-Gibson-Les-Paul-Deluxe-Cherry-Sunburst
Yep they did indeed.
Quote by Shredwizard445
Go ahead and spend your money, I don't care. It won't make you sound better.

Quote by Shredwizard445
Sure upgrading your gear will make you sound better.

I think that the serial number reflects a 2009, not 75. Could be wrong though, I have been wrong from time to time.
Yup I got a 76 custom it starts 00 iirc there were no standards in the mid 70s only the deluxe then the pro deluxe (p90s) you have a deluxe routed for buckers. Nothing wrong in that unless your a purist
My lester has serial number 83008538 so I was going by it's year and number. Wife got it for me in 90. Still have them both. Anyway, my way of saying I stand corrected there, mike. Keep it in the fairway, fellas.