I have had a Blackstar HT-5 for a couple of years now and it has been broken for a couple of months now. I changed the tubes but i don't think i put them in the right socket.
When I turn it on it there is just noise you can't hear the guitar.
Money is an issue so getting it repaired by a tech is a big move for me.
The power tube is nearest to the main transformer and the pre-amp tube is near the clean channel.
Quote by michaelgrahamw2
I have had a Blackstar HT-5 for a couple of years now and it has been broken for a couple of months now. I changed the tubes but i don't think i put them in the right socket.
When I turn it on it there is just noise you can't hear the guitar.
Money is an issue so getting it repaired by a tech is a big move for me.
The power tube is nearest to the main transformer and the pre-amp tube is near the clean channel.

its not worth the cost of a tech. from a financial standpoint. how the hell could you put the tubes in the wrong socket? preamp tubes are small. power tubes are bigger.

are all of the tubes lighting up when you turn it on?

if you see bright red, turn it off as fast as you can. that is red plating.

what tubes did you put in?
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
The ultra low watt HT amps can't really be screwed up by messing with the tubes.

The most you can do is swap the two "preamp" tubes around and try different combinations. If that doesn't work, move on. Get a new amp. An HT-5, as the above user said, is not worth the financial hit of a tech.

My first "tube" amp was an HT-5 head. It had issues right out of the box... It went back to the store.
Ibanez Prestige RG852MPB
Ibanez Prestige RG652KFX
ESP E-II M-1
LTD AW-7
Schecter Loomis NT
EVH 5150 III 50
PRS 212 DB
Line 6 POD HD500X
Deadhorse OD/Boss HM-2